Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 1:30:45 PM EDT
Some Muslims who came to Italy for economic reasons are offended by a fresco that depicts the prophet Mohammed burning in hell, as described in canto 28 of Dante's Inferno, where the 9th circle of hell is reserved for "...the sowers of scandal, schismatics, and heretics, are seen with their limbs maimed or divided in different ways. Among these the Poet finds Mohammed, Piero da Medicina, Curio, Mosca, and
Bertrand de Born."  

The muslims wanted the government to remove renaissance artwork, because it offended them.  When the Italians refused, the muslims plotted to attack the church.
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,56014,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
FUCK THEM! I'm offended by Islam. So, let's destroy that religion!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in hope that the Left will wake up and see what their promotion of multiculturalism, and the insistant accommodation of foreign values has led to.

These people have no true understanding of our societial traditions, how outrageous their demands are, nor even why we took them in in the first place (because under their standards they certainly would never have done the same for us!).
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Muslim art critic ? I beleive they criticize art by taking military artillery to it to voice their critiques.

[V]

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FUCK THEM! I'm offended by Islam. So, let's destroy that religion!
View Quote

How dare they cover their good-looking women with veils!  Damn it, that's just plain selfish!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top