Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 3:29:24 PM EDT
This question may have all ready been asked or some thing along this line. I did a search and came up with way to many post to check them all. The reason I am asking is I was asked this question in a Govt. class I am takeing. The instructer said that 90% of the media leans to one side or the other. Thats not hard to figure out. They lean a little to the left. The instructer would like our opinion ( the classes) and fact to back it up. Since there is a wide range of people that visit this site I was hoping that I might get a view from other people and their opions. This means that you think the media is or is not. For the record I beleive that they are bias. If you have found a link to something along this line please post it or e-mail it to me. If this has been posted before and gets locked, sorry in advanced.
Steve
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Go get a copy of the book, "Bias", by (I think) Bernie Goldbloom. Asking if the media is biased is like asking if a bear shits in the woods.

BTW, if you indeed are taking a class, I strongly suggest you learn how to spell. Most teachers discount for bad grammar. I sincerely hope you're not in a college course.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, don't rant because of spelling.... I know college educated people who can't even spell.  (That's why they have spell checker.....)

Well, my answer, (funny) "Is Billy a womanizer?"

For proof..... can't say.  I know it's out there....
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
hell no... CNN said so..  thats good enough for me...[0:)]

the question is not "is the media bias"
the question is ..  why do so many people deep down really belive they are not?

edited cause my public school education didnt taech me how to spell "good" correctly...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell Yes
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://ratherbiased.com[/url] Is a start.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the Media bias?

Duh, is the Pope Polish??
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go get a copy of the book, "Bias", by (I think) Bernie Goldbloom. Asking if the media is biased is like asking if a bear shits in the woods.

BTW, if you indeed are taking a class, I strongly suggest you learn how to spell. Most teachers discount for bad grammar. I sincerely hope you're not in a college course.
View Quote

The book is, "Bias" by Bernard Goldberg.  I just finished it.  You are entirely right about the rampant bias in the media.  Mr. Goldberg explains how the netword bozos don't even understand their leftist bias.  They actually believe that they are "mainstream" and "centrist" and that the rest of America is nothing but a bunch of ignorant neanderthalracistbigothomophobedummies.

Another revealing book on media bias aimed more at the entertainment industry is "Hollywood vs. America" by Michael Medved, a movie critic living in LA.  He lays bare the liberalism of Hollywierd and how they are so different from the mainstream.  Why are [white] males, priests, big business, the military, heterosexuality, families, capitalists, and married couples treated so poorly in the movies and on TV?  When was the last time you saw a dad portrayed in a really positive light...and not just a bumbling, unaware boob?  Read that book and find out.

[soapbox]

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for [i][u]Bias[/u][/i].  Excellent book.

If you can stomach it, the posters on DemocraticUnderground are convinced that the media has a [i]rightwing[/i] bias.  Sheesh!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
A better source than [i]Bias[/i], with more data than you'll ever need is:

[url]www.mrc.org[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#10]
yes, the media is biased. the media is owned and run by human beings, and humans have biases. it's just another side effect of capitalism. if you owned a tv network, wouldnt it reflect your views?

also,, it depends on who you ask. that's like asking an alabaman why he talks funny. chances are he thinks he's perfectly normal, and YOU talk funny.
(NOT intended as a slam at alabamans)
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey Lurker, I resemble that!!!:)

Merlin
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#12]
do leaves grow on trees?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Is the media biased?

Does the pope wear a funny hat?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Is the Pope Catholic?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes the media is biased!  News is liberal and radio talk shows tend to be conservative.

[url]http://www.aim.org/[/url]
[url]http://www.mrc.org/[/url]

Shok

edited to fix link
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Go to www.guncite.com scroll down and look on the left hand side, near the bottom, look for "Gun Control Websites. Click on : Media Sites Featuring Gun Control [heavy]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the info people. Helps out alot. Gives me something to work with. And yes I no thaat mi speling suks and no I raely dont care until I turn a papper in. When you spend most of you adult life learning how to kill another person spelling just is not on the top of my list of things that I realy spend time to improve. It just doesnt help in battle. And yes I have a dictionary and can use spell check when needed. I dont think to many people here care. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#22]
"Is the Media Bias?"

A better question would be; Is the PRESS biased?" The press is biased without doubt. When you simply say media, that includes Rush Limbaugh and all the rest. It is hard to make a case about the media, because people will simply comeback and ask about conservative talk radio and such. People like Limbaugh are not paid to be impartial like the press is. They are paid to give their opinions, unlike the press. Focus in on the press, print and broadcast.

Also, rather than talk about a liberal conspiracy, which will make people's eyes roll. Just simply state that there are more liberals who choose to go into journalism than conservatives, which is true. College educated conservatives tend to go into other fields like finance, engineering, and business. Many liberals on the other hand choose journalism so they can make the world a better place. That is why there is so much advocacy journalism.

While some liberals did grow up in homes with firearms in them, I would bet that is not the norm. Liberals being so far left, see moderates as conservative and true conservatives as right wing whackos... lol

nralife

http://second-amendment-homepage.com  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top