Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 3:05:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Her anger is (as always) misdirected. Ohio State University set the no protest rule, not the Bush Administration.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm,

Replace George Bush with Bill Clinton and I think you would be on his side. Maybe I agree with Bush, maybe not, but I sure as hell think that OSU was wrong and the First ammendment is right.

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm,

Replace George Bush with Bill Clinton and I think you would be on his side. Maybe I agree with Bush, maybe not, but I sure as hell think that OSU was wrong and the First ammendment is right.

-legrue
View Quote
If you replaced "George" with "Bill", what would his side be then?  This is what is so laughable.  Bill committed similar sins (notwithstanding ECS's corrective post) and nobody said a word.  In fact, they still defend Bill, and what they can't defend, they attempt to forget.
View Quote

Hmmm, I think the point I was making is that these people planned a non-violent protest that was censored. This concerns me because someday I may want to do the same. Are you saying that it doesn't concern you because they are Democrats?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm confused.  How is it Bush's fault that they weren't allowed to protest at a school...seems like just about anyone can make a CD, write a book or a column nowadays...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
legrue, seeing any violation of the Constitution and it's principles concerns me.  However, what I attempt to point out is that the Democrats only holler if it is politically convenient for them.
What really concerns me is why political convenience exists in the first place.  More to the point, why is the Constitution only important to the party and people who has/have an objection to the activities of the moment?
No, legrue, it ANNOYS me because of the Democrat's selective invocations of the Constitution.
View Quote

Gotcha. Yah. That one pisses me off too.

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
This is more like what he really meant:

I can be silent no more. I cannot sit idly by and watch our civil liberties, except for the, [b]"Second Amendment"[/b], be stripped away. I will no longer tolerate the shredding of the United States Constitution by our government. But most of all, I will no longer dishonor those who came before us - the brave men and women who fought and died to safeguard our freedoms, those ideals and beliefs that made this country great, deserve that much.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top