Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 9:44:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Theres all kind of nasty critters running around in that part of the woods.  I wouldn't go into the outback without some kind of firearm.  [peep] [sniper]
Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a new critter to varmint shoot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they banned semi-auto long guns.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live there 6 months otta the year, and bunghole has it right. No self loading weapons at all. UNLESS special circumstances exist; (Farmers can fall into this category for protection of livestock from predators)then which they are allowed with the clause that they may be confiscated without warrant or notification.

Edited to say; I live in New South Wales, where it is closely monitored. But I would take a wild guess that once you get out to Darwin or north of Cairns nobody gives a flying F**k

Here is a quick summary if you're inclined to read more about this supreme bullshit. [url]http://www.cga.state.ct.us/ps99/rpt/olr/htm/99-r-0824.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also, I think only certain areas have an all out ban while other more open terrain places only allow certain guns...hopefully an Aussie could better explain it...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#6]
What is that guy(?) on the left holding in his hand? Is that a leg-hold trap?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got and a nice one at that.  What's a MN guy doing asking about traps??  I thought trapping was still a business there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why Australia needs guns! (pic)
View Quote

I would think They need Them for the same reason as We do.... To protect Ourselves from a tyrannical government.

[b]OPPS![/b] Too late!.... [;D]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You got and a nice one at that.  What's a MN guy doing asking about traps??  I thought trapping was still a business there.
View Quote

Used to be. Fur prices took a dump.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Theres all kind of nasty critters running around in that part of the woods.  I wouldn't go into the outback without some kind of firearm.  [peep] [sniper]
Bill3508
View Quote

yes you would.... no choice!

I have
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top