Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Use_the_2nd:
About two years ago my buddy and I went out deer hunting up some old logging roads, came around a corner and we saw what must have been a bear with mange. Standing on its hind legs looking at us, creepiest looking thing ever

ETA NOW WITH MOAR MANGY BEAR PIC (I didn't take this one)
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Use_the_2nd/87E17838-7DDE-42CF-8CBC-59894B906C6E-1105-00000134E8406598_zpsec13decd.jpg

That's not a bear with mange.

That's a Chupacabras.

Fuckin' A.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

About two years ago my buddy and I went out deer hunting up some old logging roads, came around a corner and we saw what must have been a bear with mange. Standing on its hind legs looking at us, creepiest looking thing ever

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/Use_the_2nd/87E17838-7DDE-42CF-8CBC-59894B906C6E-1105-00000134E8406598_zpsec13decd.jpg

That's a Chupacabras.

Fuckin' A.

TRG in his Snuggie.

Mighty Mo

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]

That's a Chupacabras.

Fuckin' A.

My BIL taught my nephew to say "chupacabra", and now he points at pretty much every animal and yells it.  It's awesome.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Non Scary - World of The Weird

Last Tuesday I have a dream that my younger Brother Jim calls and ask me if I heard that Chuck Norris had died? I call BS and he says no. He heard it on the radio and now Fox is reporting it. I tell him that sucks for him. Bruce Lee is now bitch slapping him in Heaven.

So Jim than says can I come up to his place tomorrow and fix his tractor? I say yeah and the dream ends.

In the morning I check the Caller I.D. to see if that shit happened as it was so real. No calls so I forget about it.

Thursday evening Jim calls and ask if I can come up in the morning to fix his tractor?

I did make it to the Cabela's in Yakima and buy a S&W 637 with a CT grip.

Mighty Mo

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 2:17:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I was seeing this one girl a few years ago and it was the first time I went over to her apartment at night. She flips the TV on and puts it on some ghost show. She told me her apartment was haunted. I wasn't afraid cause I didn't really believe her. We keep watching while drinking and it started getting pretty late. We start making out, head to the bedroom and get it on for a while. I was drunk and tired so I decided to spend the night. I got these weird vibes like I wasn't supposed to be there. I remember the feeling well, right before I drifted off to sleep, despite being drunk and tired.

I started to wake up in the middle of the night. I could feel her moving around next to me, acting kind of restless. I sleep on my side so I wasn't facing her direction. I could just feel her moving. I slowly roll over and am surprised to see that she is laying still, asleep, but somehow the bed sheets were still moving like someone was rolling around under them. It was the most sobering, intense feeling that I've ever had. I got out of bed instantly and put my clothes on and left without waking her up.

Standing in the parking lot felt like a dream. Like I was the only man alive in this cold foggy world. The parking lot was dark and lit by those cheap yellow lights. Adrenaline pumping, I made the long walk to my car and got the hell out of there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By enforcer5369:
about three years ago my wife and i rented a house here in san antonio. one night we were laying in bed, just about to the point of drifting off to sleep. the house is a two story house. there are old oak trees around it, but were trimmed very well and did not touch the house. as we were laying there in bed, we heard something scratching the window screens. we looked at each other and were paralyzed with fear. again the scratching. then more scratching. by then, i had pulled my pistol from the nightstand and had my eyes fixed on the window. i was scared shitless, there was no way to get up on the roof without a ladder. then as i got out of bed to go to the window, the scratching turned into knocking on the window, then beating on the window. i get the chills remembering this....i walked over to the window and nothing was there. i remember that fear to this day like it happened last night.

If you had just shouted "Come in" you would have been able to see what it was.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

I was seeing this one girl a few years ago and it was the first time I went over to her apartment at night. She flips the TV on and puts it on some ghost show. She told me her apartment was haunted. I wasn't afraid cause I didn't really believe her. We keep watching while drinking and it started getting pretty late. We start making out, head to the bedroom and get it on for a while. I was drunk and tired so I decided to spend the night. I got these weird vibes like I wasn't supposed to be there. I remember the feeling well, right before I drifted off to sleep, despite being drunk and tired.

I started to wake up in the middle of the night. I could feel her moving around next to me, acting kind of restless. I sleep on my side so I wasn't facing her direction. I could just feel her moving. I slowly roll over and am surprised to see that she is laying still, asleep, but somehow the bed sheets were still moving like someone was rolling around under them. It was the most sobering, intense feeling that I've ever had. I got out of bed instantly and put my clothes on and left without waking her up.

Standing in the parking lot felt like a dream. Like I was the only man alive in this cold foggy world. The parking lot was dark and lit by those cheap yellow lights. Adrenaline pumping, I made the long walk to my car and got the hell out of there.
I get that sometimes. Like something is squirming in the bed. Sometimes it feel the bed is rocking, other times it seems like something is bumping around inside the mattress. Its all part of hypnogogia. A sleep disorder, sometimes combined with sleep paralysis but not always.

Dont worry it was nothing out of this world. Just your brain goofing.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
about three years ago my wife and i rented a house here in san antonio. one night we were laying in bed, just about to the point of drifting off to sleep. the house is a two story house. there are old oak trees around it, but were trimmed very well and did not touch the house. as we were laying there in bed, we heard something scratching the window screens. we looked at each other and were paralyzed with fear. again the scratching. then more scratching. by then, i had pulled my pistol from the nightstand and had my eyes fixed on the window. i was scared shitless, there was no way to get up on the roof without a ladder. then as i got out of bed to go to the window, the scratching turned into knocking on the window, then beating on the window. i get the chills remembering this....i walked over to the window and nothing was there. i remember that fear to this day like it happened last night.

Joe Biden says to just fire through the door, or window in this case.

...........and F that noise.  I would have pooped my pants.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

I get that sometimes. Like something is squirming in the bed. Sometimes it feel the bed is rocking, other times it seems like something is bumping around inside the mattress. Its all part of hypnogogia. A sleep disorder, sometimes combined with sleep paralysis but not always.

Dont worry it was nothing out of this world. Just your brain goofing.

I don't think you're describing the same thing as thesilvercord.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By kozaki:

I don't think you're describing the same thing as thesilvercord.

Feeling and seeing moving bedsheets? Seems the same to me. Only difference is mine has a mundane explanation. Maybe his is ghosts.

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Cool story.

I've have that before. Kicked the dogs off the bed. Didn't help. Checked under the bed. Nothing. Kicked the Wife out of bed. Landed on the couch.

Doesn't happen every night. Sometimes the shacking is pretty rough. Other times not so bad.

I'm not asleep or even tired when this shit happens. So I don't think Sleep Paralysis the answer here. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Mighty Mo

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Originally Posted By Ohio:

Joe Biden says to just fire through the door, or window in this case.

...........and F that noise.  I would have pooped my pants.

Biden is a fool.

I say empty the belt feed. Set off the claymores than the fuel drums on the exterior as I poop my pants.

Mighty Mo

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Well just to give it another bump here is kind of a lame story from when I was a little boy.

I was probably around 5 years old when this happened.

I used to have this recurring dream that was very strange.

In the dream, I would go into the living room of the house we lived in at the time, and right in the middle of the living room was this cube-shaped object, about six feet wide and six feet tall.

The "object" was like panes of glass, and as I looked into them, it was like I was seeing into another dimension.  There was just a jumble of things inside it, swirling around, but I had the sense
in this dream that I was seeing into different times - past and future - and different places.

And then I would just wake up.

Weird shit.

That's tonight's BTT for more stories.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]
So this house that my brother and I built over the Indian burial ground was acting up last night.
Mom went to bed just before 10pm so she could listen to Coast to Coast. I got her all tucked in and her radio set up to catch the 10pm news. Than I went out to the Living Room to watch TV for a few hours till I was sure she was sound asleep.
I was watching "Inside Combat Rescue" when there was a loud "BOOM" just above my head. I thought my nephew might be working in the garage so I stepped out the front door and looked at the garaged but there were not any lights on. This was at 10:35pm as I checked the clock.
Later I was watching "Fast and Loud" when "BOOM" again above and behind head. But I couldn't tell if it came from my Bedroom or the garage this time. So I checked the garage and again nothing. So I went up stairs. Looks like a bomb went off. Clothes all over the floor. Empty candy wrappers on the nightstand. Everything's normal. Nothings out of place. So I go back to watching TV.
At 2am I go to bed and watch TV for a while. Nothing special. At 4am my dag Elvis snuggles up to my back and goes to sleep so I figure I should try to see if I can get some. I finally fall to sleep between 5:30 and 6am (I have extreme headaches 24hrs a day, meds barely help and I get very little sleep) . I wake up at 9am and go downstairs to make Mom some coffee.
We're sitting there watching news when she ask me why I moved the Love Seat behind her? I don't know what shes talking about. I didn't move anything other than my bowels last night. Well the Love Seat was moved and she couldn't get her Jazzie (motorized wheel chair - Mom only has her right leg) next to her table. I tell her again that I didn't move it and that Elvis was laying on top of me from 6 till 9 so I couldn't have gotten up to move it. And my Mom couldn't have moved it.
So who moved the couch?
Ed

Link Posted: 3/13/2013 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By M1-Ed:

So who moved the couch?

Ed

Man alive, Ed.  

Get some motion-activated cameras, or at least one, and leave it on in that house.

Link Posted: 3/13/2013 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By kozaki:

So who moved the couch?

Ed

Man alive, Ed.  

Get some motion-activated cameras, or at least one, and leave it on in that house.

I will keep an eye on things. If there is even the tiniest sign of something being moved I will go for the M.A.C.s. But right now I am looking at getting my Mom a Prosthetic Leg so money is tight as I'm not sure what kind to get/how much it will cost?

Ed

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 12:32:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I never personally witnessed anything however something happened that kind of creeped me out.
I'm in LEO and get a good but of interesting calls. There were four of us working in our particular region and it was fairly busy. I was busy taking a few run of the mill calls and also listening to the calls dispatch was giving the other Deputies on my squad. Two of them were dispatched to this house in reference to a guy seeing someone in his house. They went checked it out, didn't find anything, and cleared. About 30 mimutes later the guy called again and said the guy was back in his house. I heard them clear the  call and leave again. At this point I think to myself that my co-workers are dealing with a 'mental subject'.

Thirty minutes later the call goes out a third time to this house and I get it because the other two Deputies were on something else. The Deputy that responded the other two times called EMS to respond to check the guy out for mental issues and then called me to tell me what was going on.  Another Deputy hears this and starts on his way to back me up. This is a very old home all by itself in the middle of nowhere. The EMS truck got there before me and this is where it starts getting good.....

EMS calls dispatch and asks for my estimated time of arrival  because THEY SAW SOMEONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE. When I arrived the old guy and the two EMTs were parked a few houses down and were all clearly shooken up from what they saw. The EMT said he had the guy come outside to the Ambulance to check him out.  As they were checking him they saw movement inside his living room. If you look at the front door there are two long narrow glass windows on both sides of it that look across a hallway into the living room. They saw a 'person' peeping at them from around the entertainment center. The guy then quickly walked from behind the entertainment center out of view, then right up to the front door and was peeping at them from behind the long glass windows. Then he or IT walked off and took a right down the hallway out of view. Moments later they saw the blinds on the windows of various rooms moving like someone was peeping out at them. It eventually stopped and they werent sure if someone was still inside or maybe left out the back. They threw the old guy in the back of the Ambulance and hauled A$$.
The old guy said the no one else has a key to his house and has no family or anyone around that would be here at 0100. His son was his only relative and lived an hour away. The other Deputy arrived and we checked the outside the house. All doors and windows were locked and no signs of forced entry. We went in the front door and cleared the entire house from the basement to the attic.
EMS and the old guy come back inside and I ask the old man what happened. He said that he was in bed reading a book. He glanced out his window and noticed someone standing in the middle of his back yard standing  facing towards his window as if he were staring at him. Seconds later it was gone, then he saw it standing in his hallway looking at him as he laid in his bed. I asked what the person looked like, he he couldnt tell, it was a dark shadowy figure. He could make out features but not a detailed description.

Talking to the old guy he appeared to be fine. I called his son who came. I stongly advised them to maybe go stay somewhere else at least for the night but they wanted to sleep there. I left and never heard from them again. Thats my creepy unexplained experience
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 1:05:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DeputySC:
I never personally witnessed anything however something happened that kind of creeped me out.
I'm in LEO and get a good but of interesting calls. There were four of us working in our particular region and it was fairly busy. I was busy taking a few run of the mill calls and also listening to the calls dispatch was giving the other Deputies on my squad. Two of them were dispatched to this house in reference to a guy seeing someone in his house. They went checked it out, didn't find anything, and cleared. About 30 mimutes later the guy called again and said the guy was back in his house. I heard them clear the  call and leave again. At this point I think to myself that my co-workers are dealing with a 'mental subject'.

Thirty minutes later the call goes out a third time to this house and I get it because the other two Deputies were on something else. The Deputy that responded the other two times called EMS to respond to check the guy out for mental issues and then called me to tell me what was going on.  Another Deputy hears this and starts on his way to back me up. This is a very old home all by itself in the middle of nowhere. The EMS truck got there before me and this is where it starts getting good.....

EMS calls dispatch and asks for my estimated time of arrival  because THEY SAW SOMEONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE. When I arrived the old guy and the two EMTs were parked a few houses down and were all clearly shooken up from what they saw. The EMT said he had the guy come outside to the Ambulance to check him out.  As they were checking him they saw movement inside his living room. If you look at the front door there are two long narrow glass windows on both sides of it that look across a hallway into the living room. They saw a 'person' peeping at them from around the entertainment center. The guy then quickly walked from behind the entertainment center out of view, then right up to the front door and was peeping at them from behind the long glass windows. Then he or IT walked off and took a right down the hallway out of view. Moments later they saw the blinds on the windows of various rooms moving like someone was peeping out at them. It eventually stopped and they werent sure if someone was still inside or maybe left out the back. They threw the old guy in the back of the Ambulance and hauled A$$.
The old guy said the no one else has a key to his house and has no family or anyone around that would be here at 0100. His son was his only relative and lived an hour away. The other Deputy arrived and we checked the outside the house. All doors and windows were locked and no signs of forced entry. We went in the front door and cleared the entire house from the basement to the attic.
EMS and the old guy come back inside and I ask the old man what happened. He said that he was in bed reading a book. He glanced out his window and noticed someone standing in the middle of his back yard standing  facing towards his window as if he were staring at him. Seconds later it was gone, then he saw it standing in his hallway looking at him as he laid in his bed. I asked what the person looked like, he he couldnt tell, it was a dark shadowy figure. He could make out features but not a detailed description.

Talking to the old guy he appeared to be fine. I called his son who came. I stongly advised them to maybe go stay somewhere else at least for the night but they wanted to sleep there. I left and never heard from them again. Thats my creepy unexplained experience

Part in red = the point at which I would have done a mag dump.

Awesome creepy story.  Thanks for sharing it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Wow! Holy shit! Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I will keep an eye on things. If there is even the tiniest sign of something being moved I will go for the M.A.C.s. But right now I am looking at getting my Mom a Prosthetic Leg so money is tight as I'm not sure what kind to get/how much it will cost?  

You can use cheap webcams, and download software to turn them motion-activated.  Not sure how much the software costs.  I'm sure there's some cheap/free versions.

Browse through here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/46_Safes_andamp__Home_Security.html
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By hughjafj:

+1

When I got to that part in red, I was all like "Awww heeelllll naawww!".  F that.  Burn the house down.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#22]

You can use cheap webcams, and download software to turn them motion-activated.  Not sure how much the software costs.  I'm sure there's some cheap/free versions.

Browse through here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/46_Safes_andamp__Home_Security.html

Pysoft Web Cam will do this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks. I got to do something.

I picked up the clothes the other day. And there are some boxes on the floor. I left one there by my dresser. Later about 3am I get up to go to the bath room and the box had been moved to in front of the bathroom door.

But I had been laying there all night so I did not see anything and I didn't hear the box slide across the floor. And I had not fallen asleep. It had just moved about 10 feet.

I will look into cameras this weekend. Mom's not going to get the leg. She doesn't have the strength to be able to use one.

Ed

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#24]

+1

When I got to that part in red, I was all like "Awww heeelllll naawww!".  F that.  Burn the house down.

There's a spare Pope. Call and see if he can come and say some Latin shit over it while your at it.
Ed......under my covers typing softly

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:27:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#25]
This isn't really creepy.  More just unexplainable (to me).

Around last Halloween, I saw a pulsing orange glow over a mountain range as I drove to work (I work nights, it was dark, 8PMish).  I couldn't see the source of the light, but the air was foggy, so I could easily see the glow and it was pulsing.  Some people at work saw it, too, but no one really gave it a second thought, other than "Hmmmm, that's weird".  Went out on break at about 12AM and it was still going on.  Left work probably around 4 or 5AM and it was still going.

I hadn't seen it since, but this morning coming home (4AM), I saw it over another mountain, not even near where I saw it the first time.  I have no idea what it is, or what's causing it.  The first time I saw it, I first thought it was some sort of Halloween event going on in the woods; haunted house, haunted hay ride, that sorta thing.  But when I saw it still going when I left work that morning, that pretty much killed that theory.  Even more so now, given the time of year, of course.

Tried to take a pic with my phone, but it just won't pick it up.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Around last Halloween, I saw a pulsing orange glow over a mountain range as I drove to work (I work nights, it was dark, 8PMish).  I couldn't see the source of the light, but the air was foggy, so I could easily see the glow and it was pulsing.  Some people at work saw it, too, but no one really gave it a second thought, other than "Hmmmm, that's weird".  Went out on break at about 12AM and it was still going on.  Left work probably around 4 or 5AM and it was still going.

I hadn't seen it since, but this morning coming home (4AM), I saw it over another mountain, not even near where I saw it the first time.  I have no idea what it is, or what's causing it.  The first time I saw it, I first thought it was some sort of Halloween event going on in the woods; haunted house, haunted hay ride, that sorta thing.  But when I saw it still going when I left work that morning, that pretty much killed that theory.  Even more so now, given the time of year, of course.

Goatboy signal/Swamp Gas/Venus/the Sun/Saturn/Stroke/Spot in your Eye/Bug in you Eye/Lens Flare/David Letterman/the Moon/Plane/UFO/Bigfoot/Yeti/Nettie/Banana Fana Forgeti/ADU/BDU/CDC/BBC/CIA My Monkey

That's all I've got.

Seriously; Are those hills known for something like that? Like other places that have the same type of light hovering over them? That would be interesting to see.

I don't think there are any sites like that in this area (Pacific N.W.)

Ed

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Goatboy signal/Swamp Gas/Venus/the Sun/Saturn/Stroke/Spot in your Eye/Bug in you Eye/Lens Flare/David Letterman/the Moon/Plane/UFO/Bigfoot/Yeti/Nettie/Banana Fana Forgeti/ADU/BDU/CDC/BBC/CIA My Monkey

That's all I've got.

Seriously; Are those hills known for something like that? Like other places that have the same type of light hovering over them? That would be interesting to see.

I don't think there are any sites like that in this area (Pacific N.W.)

Ed

AFAIK, it's not known thing.  If it weren't so far away, and if I had any idea how to get there, I would go check it out.  Well, maybe I would.  Maybe not, after some of the stories in here that involve the woods.

I wish my phone cam would pick it up.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Obviously, "they" are hovering near the mountain range in their extraterrestrial craft, studying your movements and getting ready to abduct you on one of your nightly commutes in the very near future.

Prepare your anus.

Well just sayin.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't scare easily these days but here's one that still creeps me right the hell out even though it happened 20 years ago.

My 2 cousins and I would ride our bikes throught the woods, a couple miles, to the river to fish and swim sometimes. I was 16 and they were 15 and 17 when this happened. We stayed at the river until dark one summer night. We still had a few cans of pop so we stopped in the woods to rest and drink them. Now, it's pitch black, no moon, all we have is a cheap plastic flash light taped to one of my cousins handle bars. One of my cousins and I all of a sudden say at the same time, "I feel weird". I felt the hair raise on my neck and just had a feeling of terror and evil. I said. "Let's get out of here guys." My other cousin said, "You guys are afraid of the dark...ha,ha." Then we all start smelling sulfur really strong, no problem, because there are a number of abandoned coal mines in this area, and one had been on fire for decades. So, my cousin that called us afraid said let's go. Before we started out though, everything got silent, the crickets and night critters just stopped like someone flipped a switch. Then the wind blew, not constantly, just one big gust, then stillness. It was at least an 80 degree summer night, but this wind was real cold, cold enough to raise goose bumps. Then our flashlight flickered and died. We freaked, without a word we jumped on our bikes took off like a bat out of hell. I crashed into a tree, and ate dirt pretty hard. I started yelling and screaming, one of my cousins came back to help me, that's when he noticed a dimly glowing orange ball floating about 100 yards from us. He said, "What the hell is th-th-th-that!?" I saw it too, it lit up the ground and trees, but no one was holding it, it was just floating, slowly toward us. We started yelling at it, "Who the hell is that!?", "Who are you?"....no answer...no noise at all...dead silence. We notice it's getting brighter as it gets closer and the sulfur smell is noticeable again. This thing moved way to smoothly, it would just glide over obstacles, no way this light was being carried. My other cousin showed up at that time and saw it too, at the exact moment he got there, it started to move a bit faster and flicker. That was it, we tore off towards home again in pants shitting terror. My bike's front rim was bent a little, and my right arm was bleeding from the crash, so I lagged behind, I threw my bike down and started running the last mile to my house, Actually passed one of my cousins on his bike. none of us looked back. Somewhere along the way our flashlight started working again. When we got to my house, we were completely terrified but managed to tell my dad what happened.

He said my uncle had a similar thing happen with that light "orb" while coon hunting in those same woods back in the 70's.
My uncle said his two dogs started to freak out and ran off. He yelled at the light and said he would shoot if it didn't answer or stop, it got as close as 20 yards from him and didn't stop, didn't answer after several challenges, so he put a round of 12 ga buckshot into it...he said nothing happened, it just kept slowly coming toward him, so he got out of there pretty quick after that. He found the two dogs under his porch, and had to drag them out they were so scared.

I went back for my bike the next day, I saw no footprints, not even disturbed dirt or crushed plants where the light had been. I still will not walk those woods in the dark alone, that's how much this affected me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:19:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#30]
Neat. We had a glowing orange ball of light incident once too. It flew around a large Live Oak a few times. It was all erratic in its pattern then swooped around the tree a few times before ducking behind the trunk. I only saw it from the corner of my eye at forst fr maybea second then directly towards it just as it finished its lap around the tree then duck.

My friends saw it for a little longer and said it just appeared up in the branches and moved around like it was looking for somerthing, then went nuts and finally looped the tree and ducked.

Wasnt as creepy as your story. It was just wierd and cool at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I think this is the first time I've come across this thread during the day.  It's usually late at night before I go to sleep.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#32]

+1

This
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I had something very strange happen to me while sleeping at a friends a few years back.
I posted the story over at myghoststrories.com a few years ago.. its really long but every thing is true.
heres a link to my story.
http://www.GhostStrories.com/my_ghost_story/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=876558
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By dan1802:
I had something very strange happen to me while sleeping at a friends a few years back.
I posted the story over at myghoststrories.com a few years ago.. its really long but every thing is true.

Not calling you an asshole...but, that's something an asshole would do.  

Now I need to shower.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dan1802] [#35]
Originally Posted By soldierman79:

Now I need to shower.

ETA~, good story huh ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sasquatch76:
I don't scare easily these days but here's one that still creeps me right the hell out even though it happened 20 years ago.

My 2 cousins and I would ride our bikes throught the woods, a couple miles, to the river to fish and swim sometimes. I was 16 and they were 15 and 17 when this happened. We stayed at the river until dark one summer night. We still had a few cans of pop so we stopped in the woods to rest and drink them. Now, it's pitch black, no moon, all we have is a cheap plastic flash light taped to one of my cousins handle bars. One of my cousins and I all of a sudden say at the same time, "I feel weird". I felt the hair raise on my neck and just had a feeling of terror and evil. I said. "Let's get out of here guys." My other cousin said, "You guys are afraid of the dark...ha,ha." Then we all start smelling sulfur really strong, no problem, because there are a number of abandoned coal mines in this area, and one had been on fire for decades. So, my cousin that called us afraid said let's go. Before we started out though, everything got silent, the crickets and night critters just stopped like someone flipped a switch. Then the wind blew, not constantly, just one big gust, then stillness. It was at least an 80 degree summer night, but this wind was real cold, cold enough to raise goose bumps. Then our flashlight flickered and died. We freaked, without a word we jumped on our bikes took off like a bat out of hell. I crashed into a tree, and ate dirt pretty hard. I started yelling and screaming, one of my cousins came back to help me, that's when he noticed a dimly glowing orange ball floating about 100 yards from us. He said, "What the hell is th-th-th-that!?" I saw it too, it lit up the ground and trees, but no one was holding it, it was just floating, slowly toward us. We started yelling at it, "Who the hell is that!?", "Who are you?"....no answer...no noise at all...dead silence. We notice it's getting brighter as it gets closer and the sulfur smell is noticeable again. This thing moved way to smoothly, it would just glide over obstacles, no way this light was being carried. My other cousin showed up at that time and saw it too, at the exact moment he got there, it started to move a bit faster and flicker. That was it, we tore off towards home again in pants shitting terror. My bike's front rim was bent a little, and my right arm was bleeding from the crash, so I lagged behind, I threw my bike down and started running the last mile to my house, Actually passed one of my cousins on his bike. none of us looked back. Somewhere along the way our flashlight started working again. When we got to my house, we were completely terrified but managed to tell my dad what happened.

He said my uncle had a similar thing happen with that light "orb" while coon hunting in those same woods back in the 70's.
My uncle said his two dogs started to freak out and ran off. He yelled at the light and said he would shoot if it didn't answer or stop, it got as close as 20 yards from him and didn't stop, didn't answer after several challenges, so he put a round of 12 ga buckshot into it...he said nothing happened, it just kept slowly coming toward him, so he got out of there pretty quick after that. He found the two dogs under his porch, and had to drag them out they were so scared.

I went back for my bike the next day, I saw no footprints, not even disturbed dirt or crushed plants where the light had been. I still will not walk those woods in the dark alone, that's how much this affected me.

Experts agree that "pants shitting terror" is, indeed, the most extreme form of terror.

I hate it when that happens.

Aaaaaand one more bump for the night crew.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By soldierman79:

Now I need to shower.

ETA~, good story huh ?

Jerkass.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:47:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Not sure what happened, but this is my creepy/ unexplained story:

October 2007, I'm staying with my friend's inlaws outside of Wewoka, Oklahoma. Their house was out in the sticks quite a bit.

Anyway, my sleep cycle was all out of whack after having just coming back from the Middle East a few days before. I was falling asleep around 8pm and waking up at around 3am.

So I go to sleep in their guest bedroom, which was separate from their house. It was attached to the house via the back porch. Well I wake up around 0330 and am thirsty. On the back porch is a refrigerator with water and sodas in it. So I go out on the porch to get a drink. I was pitch black out, sky full of stars. Just a gorgeous looking sky.

Well I'm star gazing on the porch for a little while and contemplating looking at the stars with the Varmint rifle I had with, me and my buddy were going to do some Coyote hunting while we at his inlaw's. I was about to get the rifle and look at the stars through the scope but thought that a shadow on the back porch holding a gun might get my ass shot by my buddy's father in law if he woke up.

So I'm looking at the awesomeness of the universe that early morning. I'm glancing at the southern part of the sky at a group of stars when all of a sudden the stars just drop lower towards the horizon and then stopped. They weren't falling stars. It was almost as if a constellation just shifted to a lower portion of the sky. Maybe UFOs maybe the place his inlaw's lived in was an Indian burial ground, who the Hell knows but still seeing a group of stars change position in the sky was definitely interesting
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#39]
just read this entire thread in about 3 nights on/off at work. good stuff, guys. i have nothing to add though. my life is pretty boring.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Beamy:

Not sure what happened, but this is my creepy/ unexplained story:

October 2007, I'm staying with my friend's inlaws outside of Wewoka, Oklahoma. Their house was out in the sticks quite a bit.

Anyway, my sleep cycle was all out of whack after having just coming back from the Middle East a few days before. I was falling asleep around 8pm and waking up at around 3am.

So I go to sleep in their guest bedroom, which was separate from their house. It was attached to the house via the back porch. Well I wake up around 0330 and am thirsty. On the back porch is a refrigerator with water and sodas in it. So I go out on the porch to get a drink. I was pitch black out, sky full of stars. Just a gorgeous looking sky.

Well I'm star gazing on the porch for a little while and contemplating looking at the stars with the Varmint rifle I had with, me and my buddy were going to do some Coyote hunting while we at his inlaw's. I was about to get the rifle and look at the stars through the scope but thought that a shadow on the back porch holding a gun might get my ass shot by my buddy's father in law if he woke up.

So I'm looking at the awesomeness of the universe that early morning. I'm glancing at the southern part of the sky at a group of stars when all of a sudden the stars just drop lower towards the horizon and then stopped. They weren't falling stars. It was almost as if a constellation just shifted to a lower portion of the sky. Maybe UFOs maybe the place his inlaw's lived in was an Indian burial ground, who the Hell knows but still seeing a group of stars change position in the sky was definitely interesting

Damn.  

I'd have a tough time getting back to sleep after that!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Some great stories the last couple of days guys.

Ed

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Ed

I agree.

More please.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Ed

I agree.

More please.

I agree.  This has become an awesome and excellent thread in its own right!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish I coujld get my buddy to relalte his stories about his house here. While I love this stuff yet emain skeptical, I had a hard time explaining away stuff at his house. Maybe I can get him to join.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M1-Ed] [#45]

I wish I coujld get my buddy to relalte his stories about his house here. While I love this stuff yet emain skeptical, I had a hard time explaining away stuff at his house. Maybe I can get him to join.

Just get him drunk and as your rubbing on his chest to relax him whisper softly into ear that what would really turn you on would to hear some stories about his house.
But don't nibble on his ear. That would be the gehy.
Ed

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNC] [#46]
Non Scary - World of The Weird

Last Tuesday I have a dream that my younger Brother Jim calls and ask me if I heard that Chuck Norris had died? I call BS and he says no. He heard it on the radio and now Fox is reporting it. I tell him that sucks for him. Bruce Lee is now bitch slapping him in Heaven.

So Jim than says can I come up to his place tomorrow and fix his tractor? I say yeah and the dream ends.

In the morning I check the Caller I.D. to see if that shit happened as it was so real. No calls so I forget about it.

Thursday evening Jim calls and ask if I can come up in the morning to fix his tractor?

I did make it to the Cabela's in Yakima and buy a S&W 637 with a CT grip.

Mighty Mo

Get up there and fix the tractor. He already asked you twice!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:19:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wootizzle] [#47]
I have to sit and think about the weirdest/creepiest things I've experienced.. I have some orb stories, a shadow figure story, and some other things. Haven't really experienced anything in the past few years, as far as those things go, though.

Quick weird thing; I generally walk from my apartment to the metro station during the week. It's about 1.5 miles, and it's always dark. The area is fairly well lit. But, it seems like the areas that don't get any real natural light and are almost pitch black without street lights always weird me out. There's about 3 blocks throughout the walk that are like this, and literally everytime I'm walking down one of those blocks, the street lights just cut-off. I kind of feel like I'm being watched, but it is a big residential area in a sense. But as I said, the street lights always basically cut-off one by one when I pass by them on said blocks.

By the time I get on to the next block or just check behind me they're back on. Kind of weird. If I'm walking back from the store, it's even weirder. Usually, other people who are walking from these areas seem to have no "problem". They come off the block with the lights, and the lights are on. They don't cut-off. But, once I get like 5-10 feet from the pole, they go out, each and every one, as I pass.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By wootizzle:
I have to sit and think about the weirdest/creepiest things I've experienced.. I have some orb stories, a shadow figure story, and some other things. Haven't really experienced anything in the past few years, as far as those things go, though.

Quick weird thing; I generally walk from my apartment to the metro station during the week. It's about 1.5 miles, and it's always dark. The area is fairly well lit. But, it seems like the areas that don't get any real natural light and are almost pitch black without street lights always weird me out. There's about 3 blocks throughout the walk that are like this, and literally everytime I'm walking down one of those blocks, the street lights just cut-off. I kind of feel like I'm being watched, but it is a big residential area in a sense. But as I said, the street lights always basically cut-off one by one when I pass by them on said blocks.

By the time I get on to the next block or just check behind me they're back on. Kind of weird. If I'm walking back from the store, it's even weirder. Usually, other people who are walking from these areas seem to have no "problem". They come off the block with the lights, and the lights are on. They don't cut-off. But, once I get like 5-10 feet from the pole, they go out, each and every one, as I pass.

This has happened to quite a few other people (myself included), and was brought up in this thread (but it was many pages ago).

I believe the conclusion was that we have special powers.  Some people had some scientific thoughts on it why it happened.  But I'm sticking with "I have special powers".

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:06:32 AM EDT
[#49]

This has happened to quite a few other people (myself included), and was brought up in this thread (but it was many pages ago).

I believe the conclusion was that we have special powers.  Some people had some scientific thoughts on it why it happened.  But I'm sticking with "I have special powers".

I'll stick with that too then.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Ex-wife?
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top