Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/2/2002 9:37:32 PM EDT
Anyone know how hard these things are to install on a late 80's model camero. Got suckerd into it by my cousin. Just wanting to know how big a sh!tstorm I got myself involved in...
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:40:40 PM EDT
What engine? What ever engine it is, you're in for a shitty time, those engines are shoehorned in that space for the most part and are hard to work on. (Unless I'm thinking of the post 94 f body?) Bow out gracefully, he's only a cousin. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:43:16 PM EDT
Looks like you blew a seal. No No - it's just ice cream.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:50:16 PM EDT
Its pretty easy on a late model mustang. I cant believe the engine compartment would be any more cramped in a 80's camaro. Worst part would be if the engine is dirty and the bolts caked with rust and crud.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:51:03 PM EDT
I thought the head gasket was the woman's lips.
Looks like you blew a seal. No No - it's just ice cream.
View Quote
That's a good joke. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:00:23 PM EDT
Late 80's camaros have very little room between the aprons, and the engine. If it's a V8 car, slowly back away, or come up sick or something, it's a pain in the ass! I use to work on those things, and even a simple task like changing the spark plugs was nearly impossible. So you're shitstorm, just turned into a tornado of feces!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 9:56:27 AM EDT
Thanks for the advise, I ran far far away from that mess. I am thinking about faking my own death just to be on the safe side.
Top Top