Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2002 11:13:15 AM EDT
My son Spencer left for boot camp on the west coast today. We get a Marine back in 13 weeks. We are damn proud.
Reed
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations to you and your son!!!

You should be proud.  Sounds like you raised a great kid!
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you write him OFTEN.  There's nothing better during boot camp than getting a letter from someone who cares about you.  Ensure you let him know how proud you are of him. It'll puff him up and will let him knock out the pushups a little bit easier.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
yea, write a lot,  when i was in army basic getting letters was something to look forward to.

also send newspaper clippings from back home, not much news reaches the recuits.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I gather you like him ... so DO NOT SEND ANY OATMEAL COOKIES!!!!

Send all the letters (nothing extraordinary on the outside that might draw the Ire of the Drill Instructors...)and when he does write .. you will read how much he is changing and becoming a Marine...

Ted...

Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top