Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 73
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
My 15-year-old lives with me, she’s not on speaking terms with her mom over the cheating issue. 19-year-old lives in a dorm apartment. She’s not on good terms with her mom either. 19-year old caught her mom with this guy three years ago, her mom swore her to secrecy, said she couldn’t tell me about it...daughter kept the secret until March of 2020 then climbed into a tub and slit her wrists. 15 year old found her and saved her life. Suicide note said she couldn’t keep the secret any longer and she was sorry for deceiving me.

All I have left is my kids. Now this guy is gonna be their stepdad.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 5:46:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#2]
dude they already know,  unfortunately this country is screwed up  with the family unit.  You aren't alone  and stop idolizing this b*tch and consider it a demon sucking your energy and will.  She'll do the same to the next dude.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 6:43:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RevolverRO:
Dropped my little girls and son off with their mom tonight. Made polite small talk, told her I’d finish making the girls Halloween costumes and couldn’t wait to go trick or treating with them.  Five minutes after I left she texts me “I’m getting married on Saturday. Stay away from the house, you can’t come carve pumpkins or trick or treat with the girls. Drop off their costumes.”

Our two older girls  (15,19) were not told or invited to the wedding.

It’s almost 5am. I know she’s terrible and I’m better off without her. Married twenty two years.  I’ve struggled every day since she first cheated. I cried at least once every day since she left. In 1998 I lay in a hospital bed and prayed and promised God if he’d let me live I’d love her for the rest of my life.

I’ve never felt so utterly and completely alone.

View Quote

You’re not alone… I’m watching for your responses and going through something like this myself. Lots of tears on a daily basis as I’m being reformed into something different than I imagined.
Seriously…IM me and I’ll shoot you my #. We’ll talk.
And ZoToL is right. We idolize these nasty toxic women and enable them. No wonder it’s MGTOW.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 3:13:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#4]
No offense but if shes willing to do that to your kids, the one thing your supposed to protect,  shell get whats coming one day. LOTS of meow mix. People like that are vampires and try to pull others with them. I could not love a woman that would do that to her own kids, let alone MY kids. I was with one years ago and my mom is kinda one.the current one seems to be fine thus far.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 3:26:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#5]
I got this shirt the other day,  I kinda dig pirates but like the saying.

"Do ye fear death? Ye might think again when standin’ afore ye be Davy Jones, the Captain of the Flyin’ Dutchman and Devil Lord of the Seas, cursed to roam the waves for all eternity…. All Your Deeds Are Laid Bare and All Your Sins Punished when ye face him"

Link Posted: 10/26/2021 5:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEATSEAKER] [#6]
Dropped my little girls and son off with their mom tonight. Made polite small talk, told her I’d finish making the girls Halloween costumes and couldn’t wait to go trick or treating with them.  Five minutes after I left she texts me “I’m getting married on Saturday. Stay away from the house, you can’t come carve pumpkins or trick or treat with the girls. Drop off their costumes.”

It’s almost 5am. I know she’s terrible and I’m better off without her. Married twenty two years.  I’ve struggled every day since she first cheated. I cried at least once every day since she left. In 1998 I lay in a hospital bed and prayed and promised God if he’d let me live I’d love her for the rest of my life.

I’ve never felt so utterly and completely alone.

View Quote

Her soon-to-be husband must collect red flags as a hobby if he's a big enough simp to put a ring on a cheater. Since their relationship started out as adultery he deserves whatever hell she puts him through. I'll pray for strength for you and your kids who don't deserve any of this dysfunction and heartbreak.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Dropped my little girls and son off with their mom tonight. Made polite small talk, told her I'd finish making the girls Halloween costumes and couldn't wait to go trick or treating with them.  Five minutes after I left she texts me "I'm getting married on Saturday. Stay away from the house, you can't come carve pumpkins or trick or treat with the girls. Drop off their costumes."

It's almost 5am. I know she's terrible and I'm better off without her. Married twenty two years.  I've struggled every day since she first cheated. I cried at least once every day since she left. In 1998 I lay in a hospital bed and prayed and promised God if he'd let me live I'd love her for the rest of my life.

I've never felt so utterly and completely alone.

View Quote
You need to go to a psychiatrist and work on your co-dependency issues.  I would suggest not going anywhere near another relationship until you do so.  

Get your shit together man, your kids need you, you need to be the rock they can depend on when mom fucks everything up again after she cheats on the new stunt cock.  

If there is anything I can do to help... you need someone to yell at, a shoulder to cry on, shoot me a PM.  

@RevolverRO
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I brought my girls their Halloween costumes and took my kids out to dinner (it was my youngest daughter’s eighth birthday).

Went and dropped them off. I had insurance paperwork for my ex. She looked at me and softly said “I know this is hard for you. Are you gonna be ok?”

I said “I’m really not. I never wanted any of this to happen. Three years ago you chose all of this.”

Lost my wife, lost my kids, lost 90% of our friends, and the only family I’ve had for 25 years.

Last week her grandmother, 90 years old and hospitalized, sent me a card. Just a note. She said “Eric, I want you to know you will always be family.”
That sweet, gentle, kind woman was the first family member who ever spoke to me when I first met my wife’s family. When I was bed bound after my accident she helped care for me. She was the person who inspired and encouraged me to go to school and get a degree in nursing.  Twenty years ago I was a pallbearer at her husband’s funeral. Two years ago, the week after my wife walked out, I drove to the capitol to get duplicate birth certificates made for the kids. I stopped by her house as I had dozens of times before, to pick up dishes from the smoked turkey and venison platters I’d brought over Christmas Day. She hugged me and I fell to pieces. Sobbing, crying, a 200 pound fifty year-old-man bawling while a tiny little old lady tried to comfort me.

My family was all gone by the time I met my wife. Just my dad and ex-stepmother. My dad only saw my first two kids and passed away before the others were born. I can’t describe what it was like to have a family welcome me into their lives. That Christmas two years ago was the day my wife chose to walk out. It was the last day I woke up feeling like I belonged somewhere, like I had a family. Now they’re all heading off to the wedding, and I’m home with my daughter, who’s an outcast, like me.

I know I’m rambling. I lay awake last night feeling like I wasted the last twenty-five years of my life. Every holiday, every birthday, every hug, smile or kiss. I just feel like I should’ve closed my eyes and died twenty five years ago instead of praying for God to let me live.  I keep trying to be strong and make it through each day for my kids. It just hurts so much.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
f*ing stop dealing with this chick,  outside of the kids/
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Only time I see her is picking up or dropping off the kids. Only time we phone or text is in regard to the kids school, legal issues, doctor appointments etc.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#11]
You have to ask yourself whether or not you want to improve your quality of life.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 570Dave] [#12]
I’m a hard time lately. Sleepless nights and insane stress. Im an alcoholic and have two months of sobriety in but I feel it slipping away. I know I’m going to end up losing my employment over this fucking vaccine mandate. And then what? I’m piss poor and can’t afford to walk away. But I’m going to.

I am NOT going to take this vaccine. I am NOT going to wear a motherfucking mask, and I am NOT paying a cent out of my fucking pocket to prove I can come into work. I’m done. I unsubscribe. Completely.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 570Dave:
I’m a hard time lately. Sleepless nights and insane stress. Im an alcoholic and have two months of sobriety in but I feel it slipping away. I know I’m going to end up losing my employment over this fucking vaccine mandate. And then what? I’m piss poor and can’t afford to walk away. But I’m going to.

I am NOT going to take this vaccine. I am NOT going to wear a motherfucking mask, and I am NOT paying a cent out of my fucking pocket to prove I can come into work. I’m done. I unsubscribe. Completely.
View Quote

I don't know where you live, but there are help wanted signs everywhere around here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

I don't know where you live, but there are help wanted signs everywhere around here.
View Quote

How long can we continue to run? The 100 employee mandate wasn’t  an end goal, it was a starting line. The jack boots will continue to grind it into our necks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]

How long can we continue to run? The 100 employee mandate wasn’t  an end goal, it was a starting line. The jack boots will continue to grind it into our necks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

I haven't heard of any vax mandate for any job here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 2:28:23 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

There is no mandate: all of the games are about trying to scare people into thinking it is hopeless and preemptively surrendering.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I lost my 24yr old son Feb 7th 2017 in a tragic accident. My daughter's son, my second grandson, passed away on October 1st after a 2.5yr battle with cancer. He was 5yrs old. We are having a celebration of life on Saturday for him and I am tasked with putting together a slideshow. Seeing pictures of my son and grandson together is breaking me.

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 0llll0:
I lost my 24yr old son Feb 7th 2017 in a tragic accident. My daughter's son, my second grandson, passed away on October 1st after a 2.5yr battle with cancer. He was 5yrs old. We are having a celebration of life on Saturday for him and I am tasked with putting together a slideshow. Seeing pictures of my son and grandson together is breaking me.

View Quote

I'm so sorry for your losses  and your grief.  What a difficult task.  Anything I can say will sound trite, but I will say it anyway -- remember the love and the good times.  I truly believe love is the "glue" of the universe.  It doesn't end at the loss of a loved one.   Rather it carries on in so many ways.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By grinning_bob:

I'm so sorry for your losses  and your grief.  What a difficult task.  Anything I can say will sound trite, but I will say it anyway -- remember the love and the good times.  I truly believe love is the "glue" of the universe.  It doesn't end at the loss of a loved one.   Rather it carries on in so many ways.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grinning_bob:

Thank you, your words rang a bell. I was alone with my thoughts for a bit too long last night. I stopped after I posted, hugged my loved ones and finished it early this morning. Missing them will always be hard, loving them will always be easy even if if it hurts.

Link Posted: 11/4/2021 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 5:10:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RevolverRO] [#21]
Got a phone call from my lawyer while I was sitting in a tree stand, first time hunting for me this year. The board is summarily suspending my nursing license. No board, no hearing, nothing. I started my new job yesterday.

I’ll be terminated as soon as the sanction goes through, my lawyer said to expect a registered letter this upcoming week. He says we can appeal or fight it but they haven’t let him see any witness statements or video yet.

I threw my rifle into the creek from the tree stand. I just looked up at the sky and asked God to give me a break. I’m driving aimlessly around right now, supposed to go pick up my kids from the ex wife at seven. I had just enough money to squeeze by until my first paycheck, which was gonna be the day after Thanksgiving. Not sure how I’m gonna afford my lawyer. Not sure of anything. Ugh. Hard not to panic.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:43:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#22]
Start something new, were on paths for a reason  doors close others open the design is to cripple ya, don't know how old ya are  but push through  your family needs you. take a trip  whatever  do  something for yourself.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Unfortunately  some of us have to be pillars of reliance,  doesn't mean its fun  or comes with no hurt. You need to be there for everyone else, it will never be the same  but tragedies have a way of pulling people closer together and new positive things come out of that.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 6:05:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#24]
nvm  i can see the forums again
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 2:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raven] [#25]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

They understand things perfectly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:
Originally Posted By raven:
I'm depressed.

The world is bad and will just get worse I think. Rank and file Democrats don't seem to understand things.

They understand things perfectly.
Do they? when they think we can de-carbonize our economy without nuclear power...do they understand the poverty and starvation that would cause? I don't think they do.  But from things I'm seeing from the Biden Administration, they are doing it anyway.

I mean they will soon shut down the main source of energy to 5 states in the midwest, to tens of millions of people. Just because. I am sure they will shut down the Trans-Alaska Pipeline soon, which is the sole source of the State of Alaska's revenue. They don't care. They're lunatics.

They've secured stolen elections and now are starting to deliberately destroy the country so they can enact a new permanent one-party totalitarian regime where everyone is dependent on them and the mega corporations.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By raven:
Do they? when they think we can de-carbonize our economy without nuclear power...do they understand the poverty and starvation that would cause? I don't think they do.  But from things I'm seeing from the Biden Administration, they are doing it anyway.

I mean they will soon shut down the main source of energy to 5 states in the midwest, to tens of millions of people. Just because. I am sure they will shut down the Trans-Alaska Pipeline soon, which is the sole source of the State of Alaska's revenue. They don't care. They're lunatics.

They've secured stolen elections and now are starting to deliberately destroy the country so they can enact a new permanent one-party totalitarian regime where everyone is dependent on them and the mega corporations.
View Quote

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet, comrade.. Ordo Ab Chao.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By freenewman:
Domestic Violence Advocate from local crisis shelter Assaults Her Husband With Help From Coworker

Rhiannon, song by Fleetwood Mac.
'She's like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness'

The first Friday in June 2021, I took the day off from work. we hired a contractor to remove a large tree in the side yard to prepare for a continuation of our fence project. During my interactions that day with nfl (new free life), I reached out to bring her something for lunch. That day nfl lied to me and said she was going to her main office for a meeting and would meet me back at the shelter where she worked as soon as they finished. I sent a text, drove by the main office because I was early and sometimes she goes there on foot, I could offer her a ride. Her car was not there. So I drove and parked at the shelter. Nfl called to say her meeting just ended and she was driving to the shelter three blocks away. Then I asked what she'd been doing and that led to a confusing spill of complicated interactions and the general feeling that I had asked to much and it was offending her. In hind sight, like me (I had just finished a zoom meeting with my lawyer then picked up lunch), she was making preparations for the split and that could justify an act of self-preservation. During one of our separations (my broken fibula was still healing so it was difficult to walk) she employed the youth minister to put my belongings, including a leather couch, ornate wood desk, the remains of my books and clothes, in the back alley during a rain. It made sense to me to choose the timing on this one.

I told nfl that I did not want to divorce. I was disillusioned with the missing guns and money, but she could bring those things forward and we could get back on track. She had taken me to the river to have a serious conversation. This was on a Saturday where she had told me I was ineffective around the house and that she was going to slave drive. In my mind this caused a problem
View Quote

Great first post. Maybe someone can translate.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Dropped my little girls and son off with their mom tonight. Made polite small talk, told her I'd finish making the girls Halloween costumes and couldn't wait to go trick or treating with them.  Five minutes after I left she texts me "I'm getting married on Saturday. Stay away from the house, you can't come carve pumpkins or trick or treat with the girls. Drop off their costumes."

It's almost 5am. I know she's terrible and I'm better off without her. Married twenty two years.  I've struggled every day since she first cheated. I cried at least once every day since she left. In 1998 I lay in a hospital bed and prayed and promised God if he'd let me live I'd love her for the rest of my life.

I've never felt so utterly and completely alone.

View Quote

She's done this literally every time you've made plans, it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Hopefully the older girls can see her for what she is, and they will need you to be there for them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Got a phone call from my lawyer while I was sitting in a tree stand, first time hunting for me this year. The board is summarily suspending my nursing license. No board, no hearing, nothing. I started my new job yesterday.

I’ll be terminated as soon as the sanction goes through, my lawyer said to expect a registered letter this upcoming week. He says we can appeal or fight it but they haven’t let him see any witness statements or video yet.

I threw my rifle into the creek from the tree stand. I just looked up at the sky and asked God to give me a break. I’m driving aimlessly around right now, supposed to go pick up my kids from the ex wife at seven. I had just enough money to squeeze by until my first paycheck, which was gonna be the day after Thanksgiving. Not sure how I’m gonna afford my lawyer. Not sure of anything. Ugh. Hard not to panic.
View Quote

@RevolverRO

How goes the battle?
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#30]
The last few days have been rough. It’s hard to describe. I’m tense and stressed, so much so that I only sleep two or three hours a night after taking 50 mg of Benadryl. My BP is in the 160 to 170 over 90’s range. Started back on Lisinopril. My kids are with me this weekend, taking them to a Harry Potter  festival.

I’ve been at my new job over a week. Money is tight, I’ll start getting paid in two weeks. I can’t stop the panicked thoughts about losing my nursing license. My lawyer says I’ll probably get suspended this next week. He’s been contacted by the county ADA, they confirmed they are seeking assault charges. I’m trying really hard to keep busy and not dwell on it but it’s impossible not to.

I keep telling myself I need to be strong for my kids. At this point I’m struggling not to think about hurting myself.  If they decide to change me with felony assault...it’s just a nightmare. Three years of everything in my life just falling apart. I’m sorry I sound like such a loser. I just feel broken inside. Last year when I got shanked, I wish it had been 3/4 inch over to left and hit my carotid. People keep saying hang on,it’ll get better. I wish I could believe it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#31]
The last few days have been rough. It’s hard to describe. I’m tense and stressed, so much so that I only sleep two or three hours a night after taking 50 mg of Benadryl. My BP is in the 160 to 170 over 90’s range. Started back on Lisinopril. My kids are with me this weekend, taking them to a Harry Potter  festival.

I’ve been at my new job over a week. Money is tight, I’ll start getting paid in two weeks. I can’t stop the panicked thoughts about losing my nursing license. My lawyer says I’ll probably get suspended this next week. He’s been contacted by the county ADA, they confirmed they are seeking assault charges. I’m trying really hard to keep busy and not dwell on it but it’s impossible not to.

I keep telling myself I need to be strong for my kids. At this point I’m struggling not to think about hurting myself.  If they decide to change me with felony assault...it’s just a nightmare. Three years of everything in my life just falling apart. I’m sorry I sound like such a loser. I just feel broken inside. Last year when I got shanked, I wish it had been 3/4 inch over to left and hit my carotid. People keep saying hang on,it’ll get better. I wish I could believe it.
View Quote

What did you do to lose your nursing license?
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By NightFlyer:

What did you do to lose your nursing license?
View Quote

He got married to a cheating {CoC violation}
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#33]
A month back I was attacked by a forensic patient (sex offender serving sentence because he was both violently psychotic as well mentally disabled—in the old days he’d have been called the R word). 30 year old adult male, attacked me three times in ninety minutes, hit the code/panic button each time, but because of staffing issues the rapid response team never responded. Third attack, he swung at me and ended up with a broken nose. Board has told me they are suspending my license, DHHS is putting me on the abuse offender list, and the county ADA is pressing for felony assault because the patient is mentally disabled.

I was fired the next day. Found a new job but when my license gets yanked I’ll lose this job as well. Lawyer said he’d talk to the ADA and ask that I be allowed to turn myself in at an agreed upon time, but I’ve seriously considered not letting it reach that point. I’d rather be the late RevolverRO than be a felon.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#34]
A month back I was attacked by a forensic patient (sex offender serving sentence because he was both violently psychotic as well mentally disabled—in the old days he’d have been called the R word). 30 year old adult male, attacked me three times in ninety minutes, hit the code/panic button each time, but because of staffing issues the rapid response team never responded. Third attack, he swung at me and ended up with a broken nose. Board has told me they are suspending my license, DHHS is putting me on the abuse offender list, and the county ADA is pressing for felony assault because the patient is mentally disabled.

I was fired the next day. Found a new job but when my license gets yanked I’ll lose this job as well. Lawyer said he’d talk to the ADA and ask that I be allowed to turn myself in at an agreed upon time, but I’ve seriously considered not letting it reach that point. I’d rather be the late RevolverRO than be a felon.
View Quote

You are not allowed to defend yourself?
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#35]
No. Defensive holds only.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#36]
No. Defensive holds only.
View Quote

There has to be something someone with your training could do - license or not.

Praying for you man.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

The legal system sucks, but they DO tend to get things in some semblance of “right”.  I’m was an unfortunate reflexive reaction to an impossible situation you were placed in.  Sounds like a complete over reaction by most involved.  Please do keep hanging in there.  IM me for anything at all.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Today they set my hearing for Dec 1st. They have yet to release any tapes, statements or evidence to my lawyer so he’s asking for a continuance. I’m really starting to panic. I don’t know if I’ll have a license and a job tomorrow, next Monday or next week.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I didn’t sleep much last night. Conference call set at 8:00 this morning with my attorney. I honestly thought about pulling off somewhere while driving home last night and shooting myself.

Ten years ago I was making $10/hour working myself to death in a shitty non union factory. We rented an old double wide trailer with a wood stove, no other heat other than a couple of electric heaters. We were on WIC and food stamps, my wife didn’t work, she was pregnant and I’d come home with my hands so beat up and swollen that I’d have trouble untying my work boots. I remember trying to split kindling to heat the house and I couldn’t even hold into the axe. I was crying, trying to get enough wood to start a fire because my kids were cold. My wife took my hands and put them against her chest and asked if I could feel her heartbeat—and I could. She said that everything would be okay, then, because we had each other and we always would. That person, the person I’d loved with all my heart, doesn’t exist anymore.

We’d been together twelve years and had five kids. We’d lost our home in Hurricane Katrina and moved our little family across the country to try and start over and we scrabbled and saved and spent years struggling. And we finally went to school, got degrees, got good jobs and bought our farm. Our family was supposed to be finally achieving our dreams. And then one day she started to cheat. And lie. And slowly everything we’d ever worked for started to crumble and fall away.

I’m terrified, guys. Every day i try and try to move forward and somehow power through this, and then I just want to chuck in the towel and give up. I lay alone in the dark and ask God to just let me find a way to fix this, and if that’s too much, then I just ask him to let me close my eyes and never wake up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I didn’t sleep much last night. Conference call set at 8:00 this morning with my attorney. I honestly thought about pulling off somewhere while driving home last night and shooting myself.

Ten years ago I was making $10/hour working myself to death in a shitty non union factory. We rented an old double wide trailer with a wood stove, no other heat other than a couple of electric heaters. We were on WIC and food stamps, my wife didn’t work, she was pregnant and I’d come home with my hands so beat up and swollen that I’d have trouble untying my work boots. I remember trying to split kindling to heat the house and I couldn’t even hold into the axe. I was crying, trying to get enough wood to start a fire because my kids were cold. My wife took my hands and put them against her chest and asked if I could feel her heartbeat—and I could. She said that everything would be okay, then, because we had each other and we always would. That person, the person I’d loved with all my heart, doesn’t exist anymore.

We’d been together twelve years and had five kids. We’d lost our home in Hurricane Katrina and moved our little family across the country to try and start over and we scrabbled and saved and spent years struggling. And we finally went to school, got degrees, got good jobs and bought our farm. Our family was supposed to be finally achieving our dreams. And then one day she started to cheat. And lie. And slowly everything we’d ever worked for started to crumble and fall away.

I’m terrified, guys. Every day i try and try to move forward and somehow power through this, and then I just want to chuck in the towel and give up. I lay alone in the dark and ask God to just let me find a way to fix this, and if that’s too much, then I just ask him to let me close my eyes and never wake up.
View Quote

Stay with us man.  I haven’t walked in your shoes so I’m loathe to offer any advice.   Just know people care.  I do know that it will get better.  Time is your friend.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I made it through work today. I have moments (usually driving to and from my job) where I just feel absolutely gutted and heartbroken. I put in my game face and go into work and do the best job I can...but I feel like it’s all gonna fold up any second when my license gets suspended. Picking up my kids tomorrow for the weekend. It’s a brief escape from my problems. I love them and when I’m with them it’s like none of this real world B.S. matters.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 8:21:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#42]
I made it through work today. I have moments (usually driving to and from my job) where I just feel absolutely gutted and heartbroken. I put in my game face and go into work and do the best job I can...but I feel like it’s all gonna fold up any second when my license gets suspended. Picking up my kids tomorrow for the weekend. It’s a brief escape from my problems. I love them and when I’m with them it’s like none of this real world B.S. matters.
View Quote

That other stuff doesn’t matter.  God bless you for doing that kind of work.   They set you up in a no win situation.  It’s a matter of time sometimes before an incident happens.

Not for nothing, if you have to eventually change line of work it might be for the best.  Gone will be that stress of being in a legal no win pickle.   It could have been worse too.   My old neighbor worked in a NYS mental hospital.  He was crippled, nearly killed and was a nervous scared wreck forever after his near death assault.

Enjoy the weekend with your kids, let the other shit slide.    Just breath and take the moments as they come.

Besides, you got the miserable arfcom bastards to banter with.

The good thing is if you have to look for work again, it is pretty much everywhere.  Yea you got a shit deal at work but that is the past.  The future is where you go next.   You ever have a dream to do some other line of work?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:51:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

That other stuff doesn’t matter.  God bless you for doing that kind of work.   They set you up in a no win situation.  It’s a matter of time sometimes before an incident happens.

Not for nothing, if you have to eventually change line of work it might be for the best.  Gone will be that stress of being in a legal no win pickle.   It could have been worse too.   My old neighbor worked in a NYS mental hospital.  He was crippled, nearly killed and was a nervous scared wreck forever after his near death assault.

Enjoy the weekend with your kids, let the other shit slide.    Just breath and take the moments as they come.

The good thing is if you have to look for work again, it is pretty much everywhere.  Yea you got a shit deal at work but that is the past.  The future is where you go next.   You ever have a dream to do some other line of work?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

Well...I worked a shit non union manufacturing job for <$12/ hour fir almost a decade. Went to school in 2016 so I could earn $30+ /hour as an RN. This was supposed to be ‘the other line of work’.

Filled out lots of apps this week, trying for non-RN license office work but it’s literally half to one third the hourly rate.

I went through nursing school at 48. I wanted this to be the last career I ever had.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#44]

Well...I worked a shit non union manufacturing job for <$12/ hour fir almost a decade. Went to school in 2016 so I could earn $30+ /hour as an RN. This was supposed to be ‘the other line of work’.

Filled out lots of apps this week, trying for non-RN license office work but it’s literally half to one third the hourly rate.

I went through nursing school at 48. I wanted this to be the last career I ever had.
View Quote

How long are they going to take your license for? Permanent revocation? Wife's friends husband is an RN and got his license permanently revoked in a neighboring state to you. No one will touch him in any medical related job, even office type stuff. He's working on a loading dock now for $15/hr.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Feeling the crushing weight of being a father, son, and husband today. I feel like life is just spinning out of control and trying to keep this train on the tracks is gonna break me! I am trying take care of both of my parents with dementia. They are both in assisted living but I handle all their business, groceries, and taking them out as much as possible. My wife Is fighting to stay sober and I am trying to support her and take as much of the weight as possible. My 14yo is battling depression and anxiety and shared with my wife she thinks she likes girls. Work is killing me due to being staffed at about 50% and having to meet timeline to avoid lawsuits. Currently doing the work of two and fighting like hell but still falling behind. Everyone around me is falling apart and i am fighting like hell to hold them up, but life just keeps playing dirty.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I lost my doggo the other day.
Doggo Thread
It's been rough, walking into an empty house hits me hard. I'm going to be making a run and donating a bunch of stuff to the local animal shelter. I'm grieving but I think it's a healthy grieve.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By BLK74:
Feeling the crushing weight of being a father, son, and husband today. I feel like life is just spinning out of control and trying to keep this train on the tracks is gonna break me! I am trying take care of both of my parents with dementia. They are both in assisted living but I handle all their business, groceries, and taking them out as much as possible. My wife Is fighting to stay sober and I am trying to support her and take as much of the weight as possible. My 14yo is battling depression and anxiety and shared with my wife she thinks she likes girls. Work is killing me due to being staffed at about 50% and having to meet timeline to avoid lawsuits. Currently doing the work of two and fighting like hell but still falling behind. Everyone around me is falling apart and i am fighting like hell to hold them up, but life just keeps playing dirty.
View Quote

I am new here, it is late, and I am tired, but those things aside, I happened to stumble into this thread and read your post just now.

I do not feel right about going to sleep without acknowledging it, so I wanted you to know that you have my prayers.

Stay strong man.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I lost my doggo the other day.
Doggo Thread
It's been rough, walking into an empty house hits me hard. I'm going to be making a run and donating a bunch of stuff to the local animal shelter. I'm grieving but I think it's a healthy grieve.
View Quote
I can't Imagine but I will be there soon.  My Boxer is old, she and I and fighting on being more grey....    

I can tell you that you are winning at life with the donations.  Your doggie had a kick ass life, thanks to you.  Your generosity will help other doggies.  Be proud, you gave your dog a kick ass life.  And that dog gave you companionship without any qualms.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#49]
So its been a while.  
I got through the first lockdown and my SO basically Dear Johned me.

I had another wreck and broke 4 ribs, collarbone and a punctured stomach and a herniated disc L5.  On my day for surgery she moved out...

A year has gone by and I started dating another girl and after a few months she ghosted me. 2 days later I got hit by a car. In and out of the hospital, dr. Xrays, MRI's etcetc..I am alone in this.

But now I may be in a position to liquidate a chunk of funds to go somewhere. No kids, no job to keep me anchored to this city.

I'm learning and regaining what I've lost in these last relationships. I'm ready to
Move now and do something.

What would you do? Where would you go?

Looking for your thoughts for inspiration.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Is there a particular field that you'd like to work in?
Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top