Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Eric, no flame intended. What is your opinion of Daniel Pearl? CIA or Mossad? No way HE was just a reporter, Right??
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]MAUSER88[/b]! He was just a reporter, IMHO!

If he was an agent for any intelligence agency, he and his handlers broke about a dozen or so rules in this little fiasco!

So, I think better of the CIA and the Mossad than you obviously do.

I think the poor fellow was looking for a Pulitzer and a best seller, if the truth be told!

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nothing so special about a dead Mossad Agent.
View Quote

Evidence please.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got any evidence?

Anything believable, not something from those fun guys over at khurrasan.com or whatever load of shit that was you linked to before?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not the point of this thread, or have you not read it?

The point is media elitism. Deny it isn't there.

I'm waiting...............
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
If you think nothing about Pearl, the what can be so special about the American missionaries held hostage by muslim extremists in the Philipines?  Two are presumably still alive, and the third American there has been beheaded.

The cost of doing Jesus's "business"?

An article about journalists and safety...
[url]http://www.cjr.org/year/02/3/parks.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I think Goldberg's wrong. If this was say, an American engineer who happened to be Jewish...who was kidnapped then killed with this gruesome video released depicting it....I think the reaction would be quite the same.

Goldberg's right however about how the press places more importance on fellow journalists.  

If you watch the network news, whenever a journalist you had never heard of passed away, there would be a whole tribute to him, his life, and his work between commercials.  This happens regularly, and I cannot rememeber the name of any one of these dead reporters.  It dawned on me that the only people who care about journalists are journalists themselves.  And I can understand why, because thinking about it, journalists dont really contribute anything truly significant.  They just report upon the world at large, and the actions of others who really do significant things.  That's mainly why I have never ever wanted to be a journalist and have very little respect for them, generally speaking.  I like the journalists who entertain me, more than anything (like Hunter S. Thompson or the editors at [url]www.exile.ru[/url])  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top