Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
And "Duel" (an old Dennis Weaver film).
View Quote

Isn't that the one where he is being stalked by a trucker while driving through the South West?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

View Quote

Loved it.

Wasn't he a gunfighghter, too?
View Quote

Heck yes!  

Neurosurgeon, scientist, musician (Lead singer in the Hong Kong Cavaliers) PLUS zen warrior.
(if that isn't ninja-like, I just don't know!)

and he saved the planet from the Red Lectroids from Planet 10 by way of the eighth dimension.  Just try fitting that one a 2-page resume.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like The Color Purple.
View Quote

I am very sorry for you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Titanic is one of my embarassments.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got back from seeing "Return to Neverland" with my little girl.

I laughed, I cried, it is just a full emotion movie [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ohhh, I'm gonna catch hell for this but I really like "My Best Friend's Wedding"....

**holding my head in shame**
View Quote

My ex-roommate watched that damn thing like, 10 times or more. He coulden't get enough . . .
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#7]

oh and Chicken Run... something about chickens and a British accent kills me
View Quote

OH?... Did he go on hol-a-day?

hahah too funny.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I can think of three that I can't stop watching, and are somewhat embarassing.
The Mexican
Entrapment
Finding Forester

DanM
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And "Duel" (an old Dennis Weaver film).
View Quote

Isn't that the one where he is being stalked by a trucker while driving through the South West?
View Quote

Yep. I first saw it on TV when I was a kid. The sound of the truck's horn gave me nightmares for a week! Just saw it again a few weeks ago for the first time in decades, but no nightmares this time...  Old McCloud was a puss in that movie.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
"Duel" is a classic. No embarrassment there.

I really liked "The Razors Edge" with Bill Murray. Every time it came on I watched it. Everyone that I know that has seen it hated it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossroads with Ralph Macchio
View Quote

I think Crossroads is a great movie, with an awesome soundtrack, once you get over Rrrraaalllph.

View Quote

Yeh, I like Ry Cooder.

Someone else had already posted Howard the Duck. People don't realize George Lucas was a visionary God with that movie.

After putting the smackdown on a monster in the Cedar Forest, the ancient Babylonian hero Gilgamesh took a trip to the world of the dead. Howard the Duck also goes on a hero's journey. He leaves his comfortable Duck World for a strange realm of bizarre creatures called... Pittsburgh.

Howard the Duck is alive with symbolic meaning. Critics didn't notice, but Lea Thompson's character is "the Wild Woman," a figure we see time and time again. In Russian myth, the Wild Women have abundant tresses, and lurk in the woods dancing, waiting to seduce human lovers. Here, she's a New Waver who hopes to get it on with a duck.

The principal from Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a scientist who becomes the mind-controlled slave of the Dark Overlords of the Universe — leading to jokes about how the chili couldn't have been that bad. He's the figure of the Bewildered Priest, the person in our story who is maddened by the glimpse beyond the Wall of Paradise. And Tim Robbins' befuddled scientist is clearly Thoth, Egyptian science god.

There are also bare-breasted duck women, and a heavy-set African-American employment counselor whose buttocks Howard is suddenly seized by the urge to bite. This is just Lucas's gift for comic relief, which is a completely different subject.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The ones I'm embarrassed to admit I like?

Two come to mind;

1. Time Bandits
2. The Iron Giant
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#13]
"Teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles. Turtles in a half shell, turtle power." COWABUNGA!!!  

I saw "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie" back in 1993 or 1994. Those four turtles--Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello & Raphael--can kick butt in that movie.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I really liked "The Razors Edge" with Bill Murray. Every time it came on I watched it. Everyone that I know that has seen it hated it.
View Quote

Is that out on DVD yet? I remember seeing it in the theator and loving it, then having critics blow it off because they couldn't picture Bill Murray in a serious role.

Embarrasing pic? I would have to say "Le Cage au Faux". Funny, funny French film about two old queens who have to act as a straight couple (one goes in drag) because one of their sons is wanting to marry a prominant politician's daughter. I heard it got remade in the US a few years ago, but never saw that.

Oh yeah, and probably any old Hammer horror movies. They were so bad they were good!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
any anime with a  CatGirl in it
View Quote

Steel Angel Kurumi
View Quote

sadly i only have Steel Angel Kurimi the 2nd
luckly the second season is more like a second show.

ah the japanese and there robot maid shows lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Man!!! There are some great movies in this post.  Buckaroo bonsai is just to cool.  I like Night of the Comet too.  Anyway, I'll put my bid in with Bruce Campbell vs. the Army of Darkness.  "Shop smart....Shop S-Mart!"  TeeHee. Love it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Thunderbirds Are Go!

Or

My Dog Skip
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Let's see, but I'm not embarassed to admit these:

The Rugrats Movie
Rugrats in Paris (I was rolling when they did the Godfather spoof)

AND
On July 3 I'll be first in line to see "The Powerpuff Girls Movie"  Unfortunately, I just learned that WB told the staff to redit the film to avoid a PG-13 rating.
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~fishkepr/STUABCup.jpg[/img]
"You've been asking for this for a long time..."
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, first off, the powerpuff girls rock.  No need for shame there.

I remember crossroads and I really enjoyed the music.  I'll see it again when I get the chance.

and

The Razors Edge has always been a favorite of mine.  It's a very, very good movie... period.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#21]
DUECE BIGALOW "Damn't white boy! Don’t make me man-whore-bitch-slap you." The scenes with Duce in the hot tub with his pimp, Eddie Griffin, who is constantly eating. That’s inspired shit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Cherry 2000 - that mustang with the lift, grill guard, winch, and what sounded like a jet turbine engine rocked (melanie was HOT too).

Evil Dead II - Bruce Campbell rocks, 'nuf said.  Army of Darkness ditto.

and the most embarassing:

Casper - I WANT that house!!!  Ricci is close to my age, but thinking she's cute in that movie now seems sick.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"Howard the Duck"
Nothing like watching Lea Thompson knockin' boots with a walking/talking duck.
View Quote

god that is a corney old movie! i like it to, just havent bought it on dvd yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Another "The Princess Bride" guy here. ..

..Also, not only will I admit that I like "The Neverending Story" but I'll also admit that there are parts in it that bring a lump to my throat!
View Quote

both good fun movies.
Mircle Max is a trip. "have fun storming the castle!"

Falcor was cool, a big flying Dog.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Chitty Chitty  Bang Bang!!

Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Monsters, Inc.
Hook.
Crossroads.
The Last Starfigher.
Mannaquine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
any anime with a  CatGirl in it
View Quote

I mean, who [b]doesn't[/b] the Puma Twins from Tank Police?  [:D]  And a re-release of All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku is in the works from ADV.

sadly i only have Steel Angel Kurimi the 2nd
luckly the second season is more like a second show.
View Quote

Fear not!  ADV has just released Steel Angel Kurumi on an R1 DVD!!  I'm still not used to the mini-episode format, but at least there's 6 eps. on the DVD plus a ton of extras.  The dub is good, too, although the VA doesn't quite have that same squealing thing that Kurumi does in the sub.

ah the japanese and there robot maid shows lol
View Quote

I'm still waiting for Mahoromatic.  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Everyone seems to hate "Starship Troopers" but I loved it.  Very campy.  (no, didn't read the book)
View Quote

I loved it too.  Hilarious.

DrMark
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lots of them,

Just a few...

[b]Arthur[/b] - ugh, but I just can't stop watching it if it's on.

[b]Night of the Comet[/b] - Catherine Mary Stuart, machine guns and zombies. Nuf said.

[b]All that Jazz[/b] - Nothing like watching a Broadway choreographer work himself to death.

View Quote

Well, The Macallan, I always though you were pretty sound in your thinking, but anyone who liked Night of the Comet has got to be slightly warped.  That was absolutely one ot the worst movies I have even seen.

That being said, I thought Arthur was hysterical.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#30]
"The Forbidden Zone" starring Danny Elfman of the Oingo Boingo as Satan.

Also, "Buckaroo Banzai" starring everybody.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top