BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It isn't so much about wilderness survival as political survival.
View Quote

I think that is abundantly obvious to everyone... but it IS still a challenge, be it political combined with physical and I have to admit I love a challenge. [:D]

What do y'all think would be the best luxury item to bring?  
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that is abundantly obvious to everyone... but it IS still a challenge, be it political combined with physical and I have to admit I love a challenge. [:D]

View Quote

Me.

Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously, a good knife is something that makes life easier in the wilderness.

From my juvenile side, a bikini made from Kevlar ribbon and two trauma plates. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#4]
MM...my friend,can I call you my friend?...come on up to Boston....we have ''Survivor....Dioscese''(sp)
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Well, if you can't bring your AR-15, I'd go for a toothbrush.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Raven,

I don't fit any of those archetypes... maybe they'll have to make a new mold!  LOL

And I'm not nuts for trying this, Don.  That's what people said when I spontaneously entered a Meow Mix competition and I ended up winning a trip to Florida, $1000, various other prizes AND.... ::drum roll::.... I got to meet Wayne Newton!

Life is just a series of experiences... it's really a matter of picking the ones you want. [:D]

View Quote

How much didja have to eat?  Did you find an irresistable urge to purr, claw at furniture, mark your territory afterwards?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't have to eat cat chow... had to perform a skit and sing the jingle.  All in all I think it just proved how much of an a$$ I will make of myself in the name of fun.  [:D]

I'm trying to think of a luxury item that [i]could[/i] be used as a tool or weapon but that would not be obvious to the casual observer.  Example.. nail clippers...the one with the metal file that swings out... tie it to a stick and you could spear small to medium fish.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Do like they do in prison. Bring a toothbrush, then file the end down on a rock until pointy and sharp. Now you have a homemade shank. Tie that to a stick, and you've got a weapon.

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Go for it Sarah!!  You can bet we will ALL root for you even if we dislike the format.

Sooo, you never said, are you coming to Bulletfest?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Heck, yes, I'll be at the BRC!  See y'all there!
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I will not be doing the BRC but DO intend to go to Campy's Bulletfest3 June 29.  Hope you make that one Sarah!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Will220, I finally managed to get to the pic you tried to post. [b]I'm Not Posting That Pic![/b], especially to Miss Magnum's thread, that pic is not proper for posting here, IMHO.

She wouldn't wear anything like that anyway, for she has class and taste.

Mike

PS - BTW, I'm not tellin ya what's wrong and why it won't post even though it's obvious.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Will220, I finally managed to get to the pic you tried to post. [b]I'm Not Posting That Pic![/b], especially to Miss Magnum's thread, that pic is not proper for posting here, IMHO.

She wouldn't wear anything like that anyway, for she has class and taste.

Mike

PS - BTW, I'm not tellin ya what's wrong and why it won't post even though it's obvious.
View Quote

Mike...just trying to have some fun on here thats all...i'm just messing around trying to figure out how to post a pic on here.
PS..  even though its obvious to you I don't need your help trying to figure it out
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Will220,

I'll be happy to help ya learn how to post a pic and even tell ya whats wrong w/ the one you tried to post, as long as you don't post it here. No flame intended w/ my post, e-mail me a [email protected] and I'll be pleased as punch to get ya posting pics in nothin flat.

BTW, I liked the pic, but they changed the board rules a while back and that one was TOO HOT.

Mike
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top