Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/16/2002 6:57:46 PM EDT
I set up a can on my desk to take donations for my AR50. [:)] I wrote on the can ".50 Cal Fund" on the side of it. Well, my manager saw the can and told me to put it away right away. I asked why. He told me that some people might be offended by "heavy military armament". Thats when I got defensive. I asked what the hell he was talking about. I am taking donations for a target rifle. Just like any other rifle you buy. Needless to say I had to take it off my desk and I was not happy. It was working out sooo well too. Just over $15 in two days.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:00:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:01:29 PM EDT
Wait a minute , your in Wyoming and you have that kind of supervisor ?? Where is he from originally ? Kalifornia ?!? I got an idea , how about you change you sign to say Please donate to my 'Homeland Defense Rifle Fund' . Let him complain about that .
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:04:13 PM EDT
I got in trouble once for having an inert gernade as a paper weigh in my office. I also shaved an employee with my Gerber knife once....almost got fired for that. Oh well Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:05:35 PM EDT
You need a job in the defense industry, where being offended by "heavy military armament" is frowned upon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:06:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: I got in trouble once for having an inert gernade as a paper weigh in my office. I also shaved an employee with my Gerber knife once....almost got fired for that. Oh well Sgtar15
View Quote
and just WHY were you shaving someone else? perhapse a female... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:08:34 PM EDT
I changed the label on the can to keep it on my desk. I put a "cent" sign after the .50 and changed Cal to say CaNdY. Now it says .50 Cent CaNdY Fund. Everyone still knows what its for and I plan on getting more donations. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:11:25 PM EDT
sue and claim he was violating your constitutional rights!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:13:23 PM EDT
Male, I was the manager and the guy worked for me. He came in one morning without shaving, so I shaved him. Never had the problem again from him[;)]. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:28:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC: sue and claim he was violating your constitutional rights!!
View Quote
How so? Schapman works for/under this person. The company has to take into account possibilities. Such as the possibility someone could be offended or otherwise upset. It is a very litigation driven age we live in. Someone could easily [b]CLAIM[/b] a hostile workplace, and that they felt frightened or otherwise intimidated... Scott
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:38:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:50:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC: sue and claim he was violating your constitutional rights!!
View Quote
You ought to re-read the Constitution, I think.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:09:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2002 12:13:33 AM EDT by mattja]
Hell, when I worked at General Dynamics, everyone had at least one 20mm dummy round from the Phalanx gun on their desk. And if you had been there a while, and had connections, you could get a dummy Stinger missle. I always wished I could have a dummy Standard Missile SM2 in my cube, but I don't think it would fit. [img]www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/weapons/phal-blk1b.gif[/img] Man, I loved those things. But I like these better. [img]www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/sm2-dvic458.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:13:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By IMHO:
View Quote
You ought to re-read the Constitution, I think.
View Quote
So should most of our judges.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:47:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: I also shaved an employee with my Gerber knife once....almost got fired for that.
View Quote
What did you shave - his testicles? [:P]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:13:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By schapman43: I changed the label on the can to keep it on my desk. I put a "cent" sign after the .50 and changed Cal to say CaNdY. Now it says .50 Cent CaNdY Fund. Everyone still knows what its for and I plan on getting more donations. [:)]
View Quote
AAAAhahahahah!! Nice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:06:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2002 7:07:25 AM EDT by schapman43]
Just as an update. My manager stopped by my cube yesturday and put a quarter in the can. Maybe he's no so bad after all :). I think he just didnt want to have trouble if someone was offended. I'll have to start a thread to keep you all updated on the ever growing fund. Maybe I should set up a paypal account to make it easier for those here at work :)
Top Top