Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 6:57:46 PM EDT
I set up a can on my desk to take donations for my AR50. [:)] I wrote on the can ".50 Cal Fund" on the side of it.  Well, my manager saw the can and told me to put it away right away.  I asked why.  He told me that some people might be offended by "heavy military armament".  Thats when I got defensive.  I asked what the hell he was talking about.  I am taking donations for a target rifle.  Just like any other rifle you buy.  Needless to say I had to take it off my desk and I was not happy.  

It was working out sooo well too.  Just over $15 in two days.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait a minute , your in Wyoming and you have that kind of supervisor ?? Where is he from originally ? Kalifornia ?!? I got an idea , how about you change you sign to say Please donate to my 'Homeland Defense Rifle Fund' . Let him complain about that .
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I got in trouble once for having an inert gernade as a paper weigh in my office.  I also shaved an employee with my Gerber knife once....almost got fired for that.  Oh well

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
You need a job in the defense industry, where being offended by "heavy military armament" is frowned upon.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got in trouble once for having an inert gernade as a paper weigh in my office.  I also shaved an employee with my Gerber knife once....almost got fired for that.  Oh well

Sgtar15
View Quote

and just WHY were you shaving someone else? perhapse a female... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I changed the label on the can to keep it on my desk.  I put a "cent" sign after the .50 and changed Cal to say CaNdY.  Now it says .50 Cent CaNdY Fund.  Everyone still knows what its for and I plan on getting more donations. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]
sue and claim he was violating your constitutional rights!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Male, I was the manager and the guy worked for me.  He came in one morning without shaving, so I shaved him.  Never had the problem again from him[;)].

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

How so? Schapman works for/under this person. The company has to take into account possibilities. Such as the possibility someone could be offended or otherwise upset. It is a very litigation driven age we live in. Someone could easily [b]CLAIM[/b] a hostile workplace, and that they felt frightened or otherwise intimidated...

Scott

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You ought to re-read the Constitution, I think.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell, when I worked at General Dynamics, everyone had at least one 20mm dummy round from the Phalanx gun on their desk. And if you had been there a while, and had connections, you could get a dummy Stinger missle. I always wished I could have a dummy Standard Missile SM2 in my cube, but I don't think it would fit.

[img]www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/weapons/phal-blk1b.gif[/img]

Man, I loved those things.

But I like these better.

[img]www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/sm2-dvic458.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You ought to re-read the Constitution, I think.
View Quote

So should most of our judges.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I also shaved an employee with my Gerber knife once....almost got fired for that.
View Quote

What did you shave - his testicles?  [:P]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I changed the label on the can to keep it on my desk.  I put a "cent" sign after the .50 and changed Cal to say CaNdY.  Now it says .50 Cent CaNdY Fund.  Everyone still knows what its for and I plan on getting more donations. [:)]
View Quote

AAAAhahahahah!! Nice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Just as an update.  My manager stopped by my cube yesturday and put a quarter in the can.  Maybe he's no so bad after all :).  I think he just didnt want to have trouble if someone was offended.  I'll have to start a thread to keep you all updated on the ever growing fund.  Maybe I should set up a paypal account to make it easier for those here at work :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top