Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought I was going to get a 30% raise in my umemployment compensation, but my coverage ran out before it was phased in. And that was 4 months ago.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]
lordtrader - haven't the scales been washed from your eyes yet??????????????

You escaped from the PRK!!!  You are in TEXAS.  WTF is there to miss in Kali?  Pretty mountains and beaches - who gives a shit????  Go to the beach and look at the muscle boys and the silicone titted, collagen lip pumped franken-blondes???  Maybe have a latte and tofu enema while listening to Yani.  BWAHAHA!!!!  F*ck Kali!!!  I've lived and traveled there - parts of the state are beautiful, there's lots of good meth, and you can buy liquor in the grocery stores - BFD???  So you made 33% more - I saw apartments that $1,000 a month would get you in So Cal - a large closet with a toilet - that's it.  

Plastic "beautiful people", actors, homos, liberal FREAKS, and 40% illegals - "ooohh...oooohhh - I wish I was in Kali!!!!".

Quit yer whining!

Jesus.......

[:D]

best of luck to all our PRK brothers!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I would have been looking for another job long ago because based on the numbers you gave (1.5% = .03 cents on payday) and assuming you get paid weekly, this means you were only making 50 cents a week.  Are you sure your figures are correct?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would have been looking for another job long ago because based on the numbers you gave (1.5% = .03 cents on payday) and assuming you get paid weekly, this means you were only making 50 cents a week.  Are you sure your figures are correct?
View Quote

If they are I will immediately offer him a 100% increase in pay to move here and mow my lawn. Good times ahead LT!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

collagen lip pumped franken-blondes???  Maybe have a latte and tofu enema while listening to Yani.  BWAHAHA!!!!  
View Quote

Hey I like collagen lip pumped franken-blondes. As far as the tofu enema, its not all its cracked up to be. And Yanni is not to bad to listen to during suicide attempts [:D] [;D] [:D]

Just venting. I like here in TX. Just wish I had a better job. Don't mind the pay so much, its just that I work with a bunch of "yes sirs" and idiots that don't know how to run a brokerage business.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Obviously your problem is political, not your actual job skills.  How good is the gossip line at your office?  The issue is, how many people got raises and what was the average raise?

Lets assume everyone got raises and you got one of the lowest raises in the office. We also know you are one of the new guys, not having been there very long.

Now lets look at third quarter payroll costs versus sales forecasts and assume some layoffs in 3rd quarter may be needed.  If you know you are going to have to lay some people off, to reduce your costs you start trying to drive people out now.  No severance or unemployment for those who quit.

Who do you target?  People who are capable of independent thought.  Short timers.  Non-Team players.  People who do not need the job as badly.  People who may be difficult after the layoff takes place.  People with families will complain less after the layoffs, when the teams are smaller and working more to cover lost co-workers.

Translation, kill the wolves keep the sheep.  You ain't no sheep.

Advice, keep interviewing and no matter what they do or say, you show up every day on time, smile, no chit chat since you know you are leaving anyway, and for god sakes no questions during large team meetings.  Just be quite and smile a lot.  That way they will think you have come over to their side.  The look on their faces will be priceless when you resign.

This is only one scenario.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear you LT
It sucks that your stuck in that job. If the JO's I work for ever make a decision on moving us back to VA I hope to be able to at least get you an interveiw.
The place I work at is not perfect but its got to be better than were your at.
Keep the faith dude>
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top