Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2002 3:11:51 PM EDT
Hello fellow Black Rifle enthusiasts.  I've been to this site quite a few times in recent months and have found quite a lot of useful information on cleaning and maintenance techniques, ammo, and AR related products (i.e. KAC RAS, Sure-Fire lights, MagPull, etc.).

I've also noticed that this site has quite a few "personalities."  And for some reason, estoner and spectre come to mind.  Some of you guys are just too much when it comes to the whole Colt vs. Bushmaster debate.  As the long as the rifle is reliable and will function when called upon, what does the make matter?  But I know that it goes deeper than that for some.

A bit about me: I hail from Kalifornia (The "K" was amusing the first time is saw it her, but appropriate in light of the situation here in this state).  I'm currently pursuing my Master's in Marriage Family Therapy/P.P.S.  I completed my undergrad in Criminology, but changed my mind about becoming a police officer.

I look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone aboard AR15.

[newbie]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Greetings & Welcome!
[devil]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I know, I've thought about it, but I have too much vested here.  I really think about it when I pick up an issue of Shotgun news and see some of the stuff that people are still able to purchase in other states.  Argh!  But I guess I just gotta be content with what I managed to purchase before "The Ban."  And now, looking back, I shoulda picked up two additional lowers, but I never thought I would want to build them into so many configurations (i.e. M4-type, SPR-wannabe, Match rifle, etc.)
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome. I lurked for a year or so, before I realized that I wanted to respond to all the shit that flies around here [:D] Also, I wanted to ask dumb questions.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys crack me up with the icons.  I should be doing my assessment reports, but what am I doing?  Messing around on AR15.com!  This is addicting.  I think I need to tell my professor that I've discovered a new disorder for the DSM-IV!  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt vs. Bushmaster debate? Where? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
ok......BUSHMASTER!!!!!!!!

[}:D]

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, one quick story before I get back to my reports...

At the beginning of each class session for my Coun. 208 course, we all do a little routine where everyone "checks in."  This is where we get to share anything we feel like sharing with the group.  Anyhthing from, like, a bad day to a ticket that you got on your way to class.  Whatever, basically.  Well, this is where I decided to talk about my AR and the great groups that I had shot at the range during the weekend (I know, I know...talking about guns in such a touch-feely environment.  What was I thinking!)  So anyway, I went on to explain what a great satisfaction I got out of finally sighting in my rifle and how "fun" it is to go out to the range.  My fellow students were interested, but my professor wasn't too amused, I think.  From out of nowhere, he started talking about a childhood memory where he, his dad, and a friend of the family  were out in the country shooting.  Well, I guess they came across a jack rabbit and his dad told him to shoot it (LOL!).  Reluctantly, he blasted our furry little wabbit, which let out a hair-raising squeal, according to my professor.  He then stated that because of this experience he didn't care too much for guns and that he didn't know why anybody needed an UZI for target practice anyway.  I was stunned and felt somewhat awckward, cuz now I kne this guy probably wasn't too pro-gun (what gave that away?)and probably frowned upon my choice of rifle.  But I held my composure [stick](I was pissed by his UZI remark), and invited him to go out to the range, assuring him that we wouldn't shoot any furry creatures.[kill] He smiled and declined the offer like I knew he would.  He's an intelligent guy and a great therapist, but his remark just blew it for me.  No wonder California is in so much trouble.  With yahoos like him, who needs anti-gun organizations!

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah, boomer, one of two Colt gurus, right?  You and estoner, huh?  Well, maybe you can give me some guidance on which Colt upper to buy when I get around to it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Oops, my first faux pas on the site?  Well, I guess I was specifically talking about Colt, Bushmaster and Armalite.  I've already read the thing about Bushy being the closest to mil-spec and having mil-spec parts (i.e. the little thingy that holds the upper and lower together).  I always wanted a Colt AR while growing up, but couldn't afford it.  And when was I was able to it was only a couple days before the ban, so I picked up two Bushy lowers.  I finally put one together and haven't had any problems, but a part of me still wants a Colt.  To tell you the truth, I still have the Colt catalog I sent for when I was sixteen.  Man, I can't believe how things have changed.  I always thought I'd have the opportunity to pick up a Colt---guess not.  Friggin' Kalifornia!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome!

Just to stir the pot...I have an Olympic Arms AR15 and LOVE it!  I would put it against a Colt or Bushy any day.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hello fellow Black Rifle enthusiasts.  I've been to this site quite a few times in recent months and have found quite a lot of useful information on cleaning and maintenance techniques, ammo, and AR related products (i.e. KAC RAS, Sure-Fire lights, MagPull, etc.).

I've also noticed that this site has quite a few "personalities."  And for some reason, estoner and spectre come to mind.  Some of you guys are just too much when it comes to the whole Colt vs. Bushmaster debate.  As the long as the rifle is reliable and will function when called upon, what does the make matter?  But I know that it goes deeper than that for some.

A bit about me: I hail from Kalifornia (The "K" was amusing the first time is saw it her, but appropriate in light of the situation here in this state).  I'm currently pursuing my Master's in Marriage Family Therapy/P.P.S.  I completed my undergrad in Criminology, but changed my mind about becoming a police officer.

I look forward to learning more and getting to know everyone aboard AR15.

[newbie]
View Quote

Welcome Fellow inmate of the PRK Gulag...

-from another inmate
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Okay, one quick story before I get back to my reports...

At the beginning of each class session for my Coun. 208 course, we all do a little routine where everyone "checks in."  This is where we get to share anything we feel like sharing with the group.  Anyhthing from, like, a bad day to a ticket that you got on your way to class.  Whatever, basically.  Well, this is where I decided to talk about my AR and the great groups that I had shot at the range during the weekend (I know, I know...talking about guns in such a touch-feely environment.  What was I thinking!)  So anyway, I went on to explain what a great satisfaction I got out of finally sighting in my rifle and how "fun" it is to go out to the range.  My fellow students were interested, but my professor wasn't too amused, I think.  From out of nowhere, he started talking about a childhood memory where he, his dad, and a friend of the family  were out in the country shooting.  Well, I guess they came across a jack rabbit and his dad told him to shoot it (LOL!).  Reluctantly, he blasted our furry little wabbit, which let out a hair-raising squeal, according to my professor.  He then stated that because of this experience he didn't care too much for guns and that he didn't know why anybody needed an UZI for target practice anyway.  I was stunned and felt somewhat awckward, cuz now I kne this guy probably wasn't too pro-gun (what gave that away?)and probably frowned upon my choice of rifle.  But I held my composure [stick](I was pissed by his UZI remark), and invited him to go out to the range, assuring him that we wouldn't shoot any furry creatures.[kill] He smiled and declined the offer like I knew he would.  He's an intelligent guy and a great therapist, but his remark just blew it for me.  No wonder California is in so much trouble.  With yahoos like him, who needs anti-gun organizations!

View Quote

Did you tell him that it was an AR15 and NOT and Uzi ? That an Uzi is a Machine gun and an AR15 is NOT ? That an AR15 is less powerful and less lethal than a Bolt Action Rifle ? That its only "crime" is that it "looks scary" because it is BLACK ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I explained what I was shooting while I was "sharing" (lol), but I guess to him if it's black and has a magazine then it must be fully automatic.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top