Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2002 5:29:48 PM EDT
My apologies to Quietshoez- if I offended you with the "cock holster" crack, I apologize.  I really was getting agitated that so many were hijacking my well meaning thread.  You were just among bad company, and got the original Dissipator556 potty mouth attack.  
My sincere apologies to Quietshoez---as for the other assclowns, get bent.  

Good looking out by RAF---now you know why this place isn't getting 60 bucks from me anytime soon.  

By the way, I hope Eric the Hun kicks all of your asses!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
no offense taken dude, ive just had a rather f-ed up day.
BTW, i totally support your post, just hit me on a touchy subject today.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
he means the "member fee", raf.
and i agree totally.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps if I payed the ransom, I could post stupid shit like this, without having some assclown want to lock it.
A f'ed up day here too, I can't believe I go here to relax...
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, I would rather be pissed on here than on the DU...
All in good fun, I suppose, but my idea was a noble one.  Next time, I will be more creative.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Spring is here, and all through the forest love is in bloom!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Since we are sharing tips this evening, I have one for you:
Tip: most people are smarter than you give them credit for.  You locked my thread because you didn't like it.  PERIOD, END OF ARGUMENT.
Any bullshit excuse that you fart out it merely further insult to my intelligence.

You say that I violated board policy by having a pissing match with Quietshoez.  Two posts between Quiet and myself hardly constitutes a flame war.  The post was locked within 30 seconds of Quiet's last post- just tell me that you subject ALL posts to such a level of scrutiny.  Yeah, of course you DON'T.
We ALL didn't fall of the turnip truck yesterday, you know.  Just have the cojones to say "yeah, I locked your thread because it bothered me."  If you said that, you would be "moderator of the week" material, IMHO.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW Raf, You are NOT the mod that I am referring to in my sig line!  

That title is reserved to a lovable old grump who is very very dear to us all...
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
just tell me that you subject ALL posts to such a level of scrutiny.  Yeah, of course you DON'T.
View Quote

mmmm, think you have something there.
seemed a little quick to me too, i kinda think that YOU should have deleted it, but that's YOUR decision, as it was YOUR post.
i get the feeling some mods are trying to PC the place up lately.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spring is here, and all through the forest love is in bloom!
View Quote

LMAO- HOW TRUE IT IS
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
No way, man, as RAF said- locking it will cause more people to read it. Kind of like the forbidden fruit

Daily AR15.COM affirmation: [loop] Nothing that happens on this board will ruin my day[/loop]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wrong.  Post was locked for reasons stated, PERIOD.
View Quote

No, it wasn't.  Give the heroic, self-rightous explanations a rest for the evening, they don't suit you well.

Flames and the foul language used were the criteria.  And by the way, just HOW do you know what "level of scrutiny" I (or any other Mod) employs?
View Quote

DELIGHTED that you asked that, RAF. Here is what I use to evaluate the mod's level of scrutiny: how long does it take the thread to get locked, and how serious a violation of board policy was it?  In this case, it was less than 30 seconds, and the 'pissing match' criteria was barely (if at all) established.  That tells me that you were just waiting with baited breath for a reason to lock the thread.  

Come to think of it, you may be doing the same thing now, with this thread, so I will STFU about this.
I COULD say that, but it would be a lie.  Locking was for the reasons specified.

Here's another free tip:  Your making too many unfounded assumptions about others has caused you to err.
View Quote

No, it hasn't- Since all my 'assumptions' were correct.  

If you have any problems with my moderating, you can either report me to the PTB, or take it to e-mail.  Mine's listed.  Your call.
View Quote

Sorry man, you've mistaken me for a whiny little bitch (who cares)---I'm a big crabby bastard (who doesn't give a shit for your explanations).  Get it straight! [}:D]

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#15]
as an aside, I would like to announce the fact that I have actually managed to 1) use several quotes, and 2) add an icon, 3) WITHOUT editing.

YIPEEE
 [beer]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
"Here in the Florida swamp we find many species of the migratory "Assclown", which makes its summer home in Michigan. And here are two examples obviously enamored with each other going through the mating ritual customary to their species which looks very much like fighting, but is only a prelude to...oops! I think they're done. Lets take our cameras over to the flock of Egrets.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Grim,
You think the term is catching on in here???
Good to be pioneering new and exciting words, isn't it?

Here's to all the assclowns on here (probably including us as well)
 [beer][bday] long live "assclown"
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the kind words.  Good-night.
View Quote

Now I really feel bad!  Is this guy putting the guilt trip on me, or what???

Ironically, it's the same thing my wife says to me after we have the "I can't believe you came home with another gun" argument.  [argue]

I wish to formally extend the olive branch of peace to raf;  I would like to reserve ALL of my mod-hating to DaveG.  No hard feelings, I hope- peace.  [smash] [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#21]
FWIW, I am glad that you guys (quietshoez & dissipator556) got things worked out.

I am not trying to flame you or anything, but please consider this though... When you say things like: "now you know why this place isn't getting 60 bucks from me anytime soon." that is kinda crappy.

The money is used for 1 thing:

To help pay for the bandwidth & hardware that this website needs to keep running, so more and more people can enjoy it, learn new things, and above all, make new friends.

The little extras that the team members get for their money is really just our way of saying thanks.

Eric

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.assclown.com/[/url]

Good-night.  Really, no kidding now...
View Quote

I cannot believe that someone reserved this domain...must have been an AR15.COMer
Smart thinking, gents---that site will be worth some money, after "assclown" formally becomes part of the vernacular. [as of now, my internet spell check does not recognize it]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#23]
And here we have the Progenitor of the flock, Assclown 556. Notice how he uses his rear to smother the grinning Queitshoez, hence the name, "Assclown". A disgusting debacle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#24]
EricE, your point is well received.  I weigh those same considerations against the fact that I resent "payers" thinking they are somehow "better" than their non-paying counterparts.  Something about that really chaps my ass, but it is hard to adequately vocalize it to you.
 Eventually, I will probably ante up and pay the 60 bucks (more as a gesture of respect and thanks to the Avila family, than anything), but in the mean time, I will squawk and holler about why this site hasn't gotten my money yet.

You see? I get the best of both worlds that way.  Anyway, it's been fun- the AR, the dog, the wife, and Dissipator556 (NOT necessarily in that order) are off to bed. [sleep]

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And here we have the Progenitor of the flock, Assclown 556. Notice how he uses his rear to smother the grinning Queitshoez, hence the name, "Assclown". A disgusting debacle.
View Quote

Hey, don't pervert the assclown gene pool, lest we come up with a special designation for the "grimshaw" species of the assclown genus.  I'm thinking...I'll sleep on it, and let you know what hatches (pun intended).
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#29]
good lord, i'm offline for a few hours and look what happens.
grimshaw, you my friend are in close with contention with the macallan for "flamer of the year" my ass STILL hurts.
damn, you're good, we could all learn something from the way you fuck with people. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Doublefeed- tell me how lucky I am to still be around, I keep forgeting...

You are just the kind of snotty ass "paying" member that I am referring to earlier in this thread.  
To quote Mr. Aug, "Get Bent."
  [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Can't we all just get along, united by our love of firearms and hatred of DaveG??? (the later is optional, of course)
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#34]
The Assclown does not mate for life, as some species do, and in this footage we can see two Assclowns smothering the smile in what is known as a "Doublefeed". The smile of Assclown 556 now becomes a desperate matter of survival in the presence of an Alpha-male Assclown.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Dude, I will be there- hope you'll be wearing a name tag- I will.  We'll see who's [peep] then, won't we?
(this was referring to wolfpack, not you Grimshaw)
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#36]
You won't need a name tag. We'll all recognize your smile.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks, and hope to see you there--- see my concurrent post on throwing tomotoes at...
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#40]
i can't decide whether i'm going to wear a nametag that says "RGUNS" or "BLAZE OF GLORY"

btw, i WILL be wearing my body armor if i do this!!!!!!!!   [:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#41]
apparently this disspator556 guy's accnt got locked...dude, that sucks
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
i can't decide whether i'm going to wear a nametag that says "RGUNS" or "BLAZE OF GLORY"
View Quote

You really do have a death wish, don't you??

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"Here in the Florida swamp we find many species of the migratory "Assclown", which makes its summer home in Michigan. And here are two examples obviously enamored with each other going through the mating ritual customary to their species which looks very much like fighting, but is only a prelude to...oops! I think they're done. Lets take our cameras over to the flock of Egrets.
View Quote

Okay, okay... that one was funny. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top