Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno about the pleats but IRC the hats are white because it had something to do with differentiating between chefs and monks in old europe.

I probably would have learned all of this and would have a job somewhere if I was able to go to school at the CIA but hell, my dreams always get smashed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You know if this happens, there will eventually be an Official AR15.com Recipe Book.  I can see it now.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's a great idea, for the wild game recipes anyways.  I'd be a little concerned about someone who carries a black rifle in one hand, and "frosts pastries" with the other though.....

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent idea, especially because it seems (for some reason) to threaten some members' self images.

[b]Marinated Deer Steak[/b]
2 lbs. Deer Steak, thinly sliced
1 can beer
3 tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
dash soy sauce

Put the deer steak in a glass or ceramic dish and pour the beer over it.  Add the other ingredients, cover, refrigerate overnight, turning the meat once or twice.  You can then either grill the meat or fry it in olive oil (which is excellent!).  This is especially tastey as sandwiches on hard rolls with a few fried peppers and onions as garnish.  This marinade also works extremely well with beef, it turns even cheap cuts like round steak or skirt steak into a treat.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
M4, that's the kind of recipe folks would be interested in.
View Quote
                                YEAH.......venison stir fry......venison boiled dinner.......[:P]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
DonR,

I think it's an awesome idea.  I've looked for recipes a few times...corned beef and cabbage, chili, etc.  It would be cool to have different recipes available in one place, easy to locate.  I have an idea for a format for the forum too.  If you have a recipe to post, don't tack it on to someone else's thread.  Start your own thread, and give it a clear title.  Responses should be questions or comments on that recipe.  That way, it would be really easy to see all the recipes without having to read through every thread (so you wouldn't miss one).

And for all of you that think cooking is [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Chimborazo%2Fgreddy2%2Egif[/img], let me tell you something.  I discovered years ago that cooking a good meal for a woman can be [b]very[/b] rewarding.

Again DonR, I think it's a great idea.  I'd definitely contribute to that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes I'm interested. I"m recently separated and I"m getting tired of eating beans out of a can!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Womenz love a man that can cook. Right now (in addition to the othe 10 million things I've got going on in my life.) I am teaching my fiance how to cook some american dishes, and I am getting some "basics" on Chinese food as well. The bad thing about this is that I have gained a little weight [;)]

Hey... I better head over to the new [url=www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=113]FITNESS[/url] forum we have!

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I think that sounds like a fine idea.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I think that sounds like a fine idea.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
a cooking forum would be nice thu

heh a LEGP cook book goof one uspc40
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top