Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The red is from the red dye and sulfites they put in the meat to keep it from turning dark dark brown. Dead animal meat turns a very very dark brown from the blood. Beef bought in the store doesn't do that because of the shit they put in it to make it look fresh.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
My meat gets red too if it gets too hot.  However, like an AR, proper use of lubricate will eliminate the problem.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Happens to me almost every time I grill burgers from Costco either over propane or charcoal.  Don't know why.  They taste good though.  

I prefer to have the butcher at the supermarket (I usually goto Safeway here in AZ) grind up fresh beef when they have a sale. I'll buy 15-20lb of beef (london broil, round steak, etc) depending upon the sale price. I'm sorry, but you can't beat fresh ground beef. That pre-shaped patty costco shit never seems right.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top