Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2002 6:21:33 PM EDT
Our Boys Fightin' and a Friggin' their way through both War & Whore!

I wonder how many will have caught an STD after their Australian Visit?

US Navy Wears Out Oz Prostitutes
By Liza Kappelle
Australian Associated Press
5-3-02

Perth prostitutes were reeling from exhaustion following an influx of United States sailors stressed from a stint in a war zone, a well-known madam said today.

Mary-Anne Kenworthy said she was forced to close the doors of her famous Langtrees brothel for only the third time ever yesterday because her prostitutes were so worn out they could no longer provide a quality service.

When she realised the sex workers just couldn't cope any more she closed Langtrees doors for a day rather than risk the brothel's reputation.

"We're the biggest and the best, I'd rather take nothing than offer a poor service," Ms Kenworthy said.

Langtrees did a week's business in just three days after 5500 American sailors disembarked in Fremantle on Sunday, many of them stressed from their encounter with war, she said.

Three US warships the aircraft carrier USS John C Stennis, the guided missile cruiser USS Port Royal and the fast combat support ship USS Bridge were returning from taking part in the war against terror.

"A lot of it was stres. They'd been in the war zone," Ms Kenworthy said.

"And they were a lot more agitated sexually because they'd been at sea too long.

"All the sex workers in Perth would have been exhausted."

Ms Kenworthy said she had to close the doors when she realised some sex workers were taking money when they were not up to the job.

"The girls were starting to refuse to have sex but still wanted money just for taking their clothes off."

Ms Kenworthy said she wished the US sailors would arrive in smaller numbers.

"I just wish they could dribble-feed the Yanks in, fly a thousand off at a time," she said.

"We usually find the Yanks are hard work but lots of fun, this time they needed the company too."

Ms Kenworthy said the last time she closed the brothel's doors was on December 31, 1999 so the girls could party.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Navy, It's not just a job, but an adventure!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You can catch stuff from Sheep?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#3]
GO NAVY!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Has there ever been a time in history when a man with a fist full of dollars couldn't get laid? Man, they should have R&R'd in Thailand!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh the downsides of legalized prostitution...
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Sex workers?
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#11]
... Yeah, I remember those days. I always had to go last or I'd waller 'em out and ruin it for everyone else.

J/K
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#12]
WW, I think you just like sloopy seconds!!
Screw that!! I'd rather pass damaged goods on that get the last ride!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuckin Navy !
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wouldn't go near Thailand these days.  The HIV infection rate is going through the roof.  Same-same for the PI.  At least in Oz, the women are checked regularly for STDs.
View Quote

Can you offer any personal experience here?  Or any realistic data?

HIV is way lower than you think.  It exists there, but is not an epidemic.  

Most pros in Thailand use a condom.  Many are checked regularly for HIV.   Some, when their  bar doesn't do it, pay for the test themselves.

What you said simply isn't accurate.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuckin Navy !
View Quote

Exactly!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks for the backup, Osprey.  BTW, my ex-wife's cousin is the manager of the AIDS awareness office in Angeles City, Philippines.  It's better than it was when I was over there, but is still pretty bad.

The girls just don't want to lose any chance at the easy money, even if they are infected.  When a gal can make 500 pisos in 20 minutes, and a construction worker makes 150 for a whole day's work, you're gonna have that.
View Quote

Sorry.  The site he pointed to shows you are WRONG.

Adult Prevalence of AIDs - USA 0.6%
Adult Prevalence of AIDs - SE Asia 0.6%
Adult Prevalence of AIDs - Subsaharan Africa 8.4%

Please use facts in this discussion.  We can not control HIV with hysteria and fiction.

And why is it lower in Thailand than you thought?  Because as I stated above - they are doing something about it in Thailand.  I spend 6 months a year there.    

The risks are the  same.  Pick up a freelancer working the streets in Bangkok, or LA, and  have unprotected sex and you are at risk.

Our boys would be at higher risk there than Australia, yes.  The rate is higher as the Aussies pros have the self esteem and alternatives to money to refuse unsafe acts.  Some thai girls will do it without protection if asked.  But it is still not an epidemic as assumed by  most.  Hell, the Carribean has a higher rate by far.

As to Angeles city, ever wonder why our older servicemen are not coming down with AIDs in huge numbers?  They were all partying at Angeles City with these girls.  What happened?  I don't know.  I truly wonder why AIDs has not turned into an epidemic worldwide.

I am not trying to start a flame war.  I simply want the truth to prevail.

Don't engage in unsafe activity.  That makes sense anywhere.  And don't assume Thailand is dangerous, but home is safe.  Pretty much depends on the type of person you sleep with.

Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#20]
She was probably talkin' bout the Marines that wore them Ladies out,not their taxi service.

OH Shit,,,I can hear the incoming now!!!

SF and AA!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Very funny KhesanDon,

But

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Its good to see that some still value a 'HARD' day's work...

[8D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Gee, it only would have taken about 500 or so Army Aviators to inflict the same amount of "wear and Tear" on the "sex workers" there... [;)]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Gee, it only would have taken about 500 or so Army Aviators to inflict the same amount of "wear and Tear" on the "sex workers" there... [;)]

View Quote
Yeah, right.

PS.  I recently got the CD "Excitable Boy" for "Werewolves of London", but now I know where you get your sig line, Mr. Aviator.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I was spending a little time in Honduras when that song came out. It was a big hit with those of us down in that part of the world at the time.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was spending a little time in Honduras when that song came out. It was a big hit with those of us down in that part of the world at the time.

View Quote
Given the words of the song and where you were, I can understand why it was a hit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey [b]jimmybcool[/b], how does it feel to have the Grim Reaper on your back? Too bad he ain't carrying a "get well" card.

How lame are these alleged sailors (I'll believe it when I meet them), that they have to [b][i][size=4]PAY[/size=4][/i][/b] for it in Australia?!!! That's as bad as the friggin' guys who have to go on television to get a wife. Jesus Christ, in the PI and Thailand is one thing, but in Australia the standard of living is such that plenty of women just [b][i][size=4]GIVE[/size=4][/i][/b] it away. And yes, I've spent time in Perth and Freemantle and drank my share of Redback and Emu.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Man, they should have R&R'd in Thailand!
View Quote

Bangkok...the most aptly named city in the world.

[;D]

You don't go R&R in BK, it's I&I...Intercourse and Intoxication.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:50:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Paul,
We stopped in Freemantle / Perth area for some well deserved R&R.  That news article was sent to quite a few people from USA relatives and made it's way around the ships lan in about 10 minutes.

We are in Hobart now, a much nicer place that the Freemantle / Perth are in my opinion.

In my opinion nothing beats Christchurch, New Zealand though.

And no, I wasen't one of the guys (or gals, hehe) who helped the local "economy" in that manner.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top