Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 12:35:35 PM EDT
i don't live in chicago, but i'm a little emotional about this load of crap going on over there to say the least. this new ban should be giving us all a serious case of the 'red-ass'.

i call on all ar15er's to write this turd smacker.

the following are some links direct to the city's 'feedback' link & the mayor's email address.

AND PLEASE! be kind and post what you have written him, and responses if you get them. (that way folks can copy paste their own modified versions to send).

email: [email protected]

city of chicago feedback: http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Feedback.htm

WE HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW we will NOT go down quietly!!

it's coming to a city near you!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Feedback.htm[/url]

I should get paid for this.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone provide a link to a story from one of the major news outlets that covers this story? I can't seem to find one. Big fn surprise huh.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
uh bo, there's a menu at the top of the page that says "feedback". that's the one you want. it works on my computer anyway.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
god bless you doubleed!! i'm inspired. tomorrow, i'll post my letter i'm going to send.

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Just for intel purposes...

Mayor Daley is the same guy who when the Black Gangster Disciples virtually held Chicago hostage solved the problem by hiring them to lucrative city positions and getting them into elected office. He more or less paid them to "be good."

When funding finally dried up for the "Give a gang banger a good job" program, after much Liberal protest, the BGDs returned to narcotics trafficking, etc. Their new elected official contacts still intact.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
you gotta be kidding me!!!

the all mighty ar15er's that gripe about all the gun nazi's out there, & share such great info with eachother. won't write in?!?!?

honestly...

you guys will respond numerously about how a  chic caughed up food on a date, & other crap.
but can't spend a few moments to send mayor daley a taste of our superior wisdom??

i can't believe this thread was at the bottom of the heap.

i'm beginning to think some of you guys are a bunch of pussies!!

that's it huh, just bitch about it quietly amoungst ourselves eh?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
You insult Hitlers name.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
here's the letter i sent to mayor daley.

Dear Mayor Daley:

I am outraged upon hearing the news of your new city-wide ban on "assault weapons", a ban that has conveniently extended itself
by including various common hunting rifles & handguns.  

Mr. Mayor, you were once quoted as saying, "Every gun we take off the street is one less gun that can be used to maim or kill."
Every law abiding firearm owner couldn't agree more. However, you unconstitutionally crossed line from the "streets" and into
people's homes via your new law, and your elite CAGE unit.

This is terrifying! The very thought of this concept of gun enforcement is reminiscent of Hitler's SS troop's engaging in the
same activity only decades ago. Even more alarming is that your law, and the CAGE unit, effects the city's own police
officers.

Most saddening of all, because the guns your law now targets are overwhelmingly owned by law abiding citizens, they will no
doubt cooperate by turning them in. But for their sake, hopefully they'll keep what's entitled to them & just move. Further more,
the premises of this new law assumes that the actual criminals will voluntarily surrender their tools of the trade. A concept that is
not only highly doubtful, but is also destined to fail. You have done everything short of deputizing these criminals. Criminals that
will surely find more comfort in preying on once law abiding gun owners.

I will have no reservations about surrendering my badge if I'm ever subject to enforce such personally motivated laws that insist I
violate people's rights. After all, I have to be happy with the person i see in the mirror every day.

Finally, myself & millions of others can only pray that the officials, we the people, elect into office will not follow your
administration's example of gun control.

In parting, I'm curious Mr. Mayor, did we both raise our right hands and be sworn to the same constitution?

Shame on you!

Sincerely,

Res. Ofc. XXX (i removed my name on this copy for privacy reasons)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top