Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 8:30:56 AM EDT
7 year old boy gets arrested for stabbing students with pencil.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,51730,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I proposed that the children be given post-ban pencils. In the current catalogue of Shumer-Tec, they sell defanged(flexible) pencils that are used in prisons. And the current wooden "assualt" pencils be banned.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I proposed that the children be given post-ban pencils. In the current catalogue of Shumer-Tec, they sell defanged(flexible) pencils that are used in prisons.
View Quote

Jeez man, how many children have to die before the legislature acts.  They need to only have large, soft crayons.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a return to crayons.  And not just regular crayons, mind you.  The new post-ban crayon will be soft and squishy to prevent penetrating skin.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree...get rid of the pencils.  I got stuck with another kid's pencil in elementary school and I still have the lead in my finger.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Pencils were a big thing in NY for a while.  I remember as a teen and early 20's seeing "kids" at clubs with pencils behind there ears all the time.  I finally found one happily drunk and asked whet's the deal with the pencils.  He said, "You try getting a knife through the metal detector."
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
we need to also ban those evil assualt pens!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone is interested I have a case of pre ban pencils from the Flamingo Las Vegas.  I will take $50 each or two for $85. [:D]

Remember that this is an NFA item and transfers as an AOW with only a $5 tax stamp!

hehehe

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top