Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 6:21:08 PM EDT
At work this evening I wasn't very busy, so I do what I usually do at work when I feel like riding the clock. I was surfing all the firearm accessories,ammo,magazines and firearm dealers tat I could find for the summer projects I have planned. It just would not stop bothering me! The fact of how unbelievably stupid it is not to legally install a flash hider on your weapon.You can have a fully functional military style rifle,but wait! If you want to minimize your flash signature you have to pay far more for a preban.

Now I know the ban was to try to stop the ownership of "Assualt Weapons" and not to ban the flash hider itself. But I get irate at the stupidity of these bans.

I was thinking of a way to create a loophole to try and make it legal to install a flash hider on your gun,ofcourse you would not be able to call it a "Flash Hider" anymore.We would have to use the scare tactics that the Dems. have critiqued so well. Let me show you an example below:

"The apocalyptic forest fires in Colorado this past week,could have been prevented. The teenagers who caused the wild fires may not have been so inclined to smoke those cigarettes that allegedly caused the fires if they feard more discipline from the school had they been caught smoking behind the school.

The apocalyptic forest fires in Colorado this past week,could have been prevented. We the firearm owners of America want to do our part in preventing these deadly horrific forest fires on a national level.We the firearm owners feel the need and the importance of owning a flame reduction device that mounts on the muzzle of our firearms.Please do your part, even if you dot own a firearm. Vote for this bill. You never know when it could be your home or family that is destroyed by fire!"

What do you guys think??? How do you think I could get this made up into a bill? any suggestions or comments please feel free to email me!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I tell people the same thing! you are not alone in your thinking. Those HUGE flashes can cause so many forrest fires, destroying homes, lives, and cute furry animals, as well as destoying a large source of oxygen generating plants.

I actually paid a little extra for the pre-ban...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I tell people the same thing! you are not alone in your thinking. Those HUGE flashes can cause so many forrest fires, destroying homes, lives, and cute furry animals, as well as destoying a large source of oxygen generating plants.

I actually paid a little extra for the pre-ban...
View Quote

Hey I know it sounds crazy to us gun folk,but for the law makers who really dont care about what the law is and they endorse spmething just as long as they look good we could take advantage of that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Why so quiet! I cant believe noone has any ideas or comments to share on this idea![thinking]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
"Oooooh.  Those evil guns can cause forest fires?  They MUST be banned from use in the woods altogether!" -- your friends at PeTA, the Sierra Club, and HCI.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I was staying away because I don't like it when people point guns at me.

This sounds like a good idea. What else can you come up with? Supressors to end noise pollution and to protect our hearing? Thats actually a very valid argument for ending the stupid ban on "silencers".
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
[left]You could call it a "spark arrestor"  and point out that laws require off road vehicles to have them before they can be operated in a national forest. [/left]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You know, if someone accidentally had an earplug fall out at the range, and it happens, while someone else is shooting, they could lose their hearing due to the loud report.

As a safety measure, there could be a device provided with every firearm that would prevent such an occurence.  Having lost a significant amount of hearing in my right ear due to gunfire, I request that Congress consider this, for the hearing of all this nation's children.  Please, write your representative, and ask for the mandatory inclusion of this vital safety equipment, at no additional cost to the consumer, and to outlaw restrictive taxes that make it difficult for lower-class Americans to protect themselves.  These hearing safety devices are cheap to produce, and only exorbitant taxes take them out of the realm of affordability.

Thank you.
View Quote

Using 71's method: Guns cause hearing damage?!! My god, we must ban them. It's for the kids and americas futur. We need to increase the awareness.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#9]
When you simply resign yourself to the fact that firearms, like alcohol, will eventually be "prohibited" you'll sleep better at night.

What?  People actually had ALCOHOL during prohibition?  You don't say...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Oooooh.  Those evil guns can cause forest fires?  They MUST be banned from use in the woods altogether!"
View Quote

My thought exactly.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
This one issue alone has made me think many many times of going back to school for a law degree just so I could file a class action lawsuit against the government for making all those poor people lose their hearing by passing the NFA act.

Then I remember you can't sue the goverment for some reason and give up.

It's a valid concern though. If we quit calling them silencers and started calling them mufflers they'd be a lot less threatening and more accepted.

Quoted:
You know, if someone accidentally had an earplug fall out at the range, and it happens, while someone else is shooting, they could lose their hearing due to the loud report.

As a safety measure, there could be a device provided with every firearm that would prevent such an occurence.  Having lost a significant amount of hearing in my right ear due to gunfire, I request that Congress consider this, for the hearing of all this nation's children.  Please, write your representative, and ask for the mandatory inclusion of this vital safety equipment, at no additional cost to the consumer, and to outlaw restrictive taxes that make it difficult for lower-class Americans to protect themselves.  These hearing safety devices are cheap to produce, and only exorbitant taxes take them out of the realm of affordability.

Thank you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Oooooh.  Those evil guns can cause forest fires?  They MUST be banned from use in the woods altogether!"
View Quote

My thought exactly.  
View Quote

Trying to ban all firearms due to fires would not even be considered for a bill. The other side is already trying to ban them little by little.
On the other hand it would be MUCH easier to pass a spark resistor bill than it would to pass a bill to "ban all guns" as you say.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My thought exactly.  
View Quote

Trying to ban all firearms due to fires would not even be considered for a bill. The other side is already trying to ban them little by little.
On the other hand it would be MUCH easier to pass a spark resistor bill than it would to pass a bill to "ban all guns" as you say.
View Quote

Actually I think it would much easier to pass a bill that would prohibit the use of firearms within 1000 yds of any thing flammable. This would take care of the fire issue and take another small piece of our rights away. It would garner huge support I'm sure.

Firearms are the root of all violence and evil. The sheeple will support anything that gets them of the street and out of the hands of forest-fire setting terrorist. After all, it's  for the children.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My thought exactly.  
View Quote

View Quote

Actually I think it would much easier to pass a bill that would prohibit the use of firearms within 1000 yds of any thing flammable. This would take care of the fire issue and take another small piece of our rights away. It would garner huge support I'm sure.

Firearms are the root of all violence and evil. The sheeple will support anything that gets them of the street and out of the hands of forest-fire setting terrorist. After all, it's  for the children.
View Quote

Eummmmm That would make it so you could never use your firearm,ammo is flammable and combustion,you coudnt use black powder rifles, and you could NOT use CLP or gun cleaner becuase you would have a flammable lubracint IN your gun

This would not pass
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What else can you come up with? Supressors to end noise pollution and to protect our hearing? Thats actually a very valid argument for ending the stupid ban on "silencers".
View Quote

To help people with finger disabilities, we need guns that will fire multiple shots with one pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#16]
M4_Aiming_at_U, I was saying that tongue-in-cheek.  

On a serious note, I think we should be encouraged to put suppressors (or mufflers if you 'feel' better calling them that) on every firearm owned. They are the best for hearing protection, flash/spark suppression and recoil reduction.  But damn, I guess that just makes too much sense.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#17]
The ultimate loophole... Gun owners exert enough political pressure in the next two years to make sure that when the ban dies, it stays dead!

It's not too early to get this show on the road guys!

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Eummmmm That would make it so you could never use your firearm,ammo is flammable and combustion,you coudnt use black powder rifles, and you could NOT use CLP or gun cleaner becuase you would have a flammable lubracint IN your gun

This would not pass
View Quote

But it's [i]got[/i] to pass!  It's for the children![img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sheep.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sheep.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sheep.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sheep.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sheep.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The ultimate loophole... Gun owners exert enough political pressure in the next two years to make sure that when the ban dies, it stays dead!

It's not too early to get this show on the road guys!

View Quote

I read in the paper Sunday that a Democrate speaking to the NRA now supports the 2nd Ammendment and oppposes gun bans. They reported that the Dems feel that they lost the last election because of their postion on guns.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I just ignore that flash hider ban. Screw unconstitutional laws. I ignore them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No doubt.

Nowhere does the Constitution say anything like "Congress may from time to time pass anti-Constitutional bills, and these will be considered laws until the Supreme Court invalidates them". It's not part of this country's system.

If a bill is anti-constitutional, it should not even be called a "law".
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with you 100%! Its just that wher I go shooting is at a public range and is usually crowded,I enver know who's ATF and who isnt so I dont take my chances,ya know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top