Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 2:28:05 PM EDT
I am not a computer wiz so I am un curtain of what this really is.  What do you guys think?

[blue][b]Klez.E is the most common world-wide spreading worm.It's very dangerous by corrupting your files.
Because of its very smart stealth and anti-anti-virus technic,most common AV software can't detect or clean it.
We developed this free immunity tool to defeat the malicious virus.
You only need to run this tool once,and then Klez will never come into your PC.
NOTE: Because this tool acts as a fake Klez to fool the real worm,some AV monitor maybe cry when you run it.
If so,Ignore the warning,and select 'continue'.
If you have any question,please mail to me. [/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I thought.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This virus is running around like crazy!!!
All of my server's are blocking this virus, I'm getting hit like every minute.

If people would buy anti-virus and update it every week or when they hear about a new virus, it wouldn't spread like this, but like always, the fucknuts are messing it up for those that arn't fucknuts.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
bullshit,
both norton and avg detect and clean it. i should know. I've been sent that freaking virus 200 times this week.
View Quote

Ditto..well, half a dozen times anyway....
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I just updated my Norton.  I guess I have been luck so far.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The "free immunity tool" you received is probably the virus itself. The author of the message is trying to trick you into executing the "tool", which actually contains the virus.

I would not run the program; I would stick with name-brand anti-virus software.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I was attacked 178 times this week by that damn Trogan Horse virus. Good thing I've got the new Norton Antivirus. Wise investment.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]
You people are so damn stinking mean I had to go and spend all of my fun show money ($100!!!) on a Norton Personal Firewall 2002 and 'e Scan virus scanner.

Shit I get to sit around and do nothing AGAIN this weekend because I can't afford to go anywhere now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't know what happened but I checked my credit card account and I have $2050.00 worth of fradulent credit charges to a place called www.register.com.
I called my credit card company and cancelled the card and reported the fradulent charges.  I then called the company repeated and finally got ahold of someone who then put me on hold and never answered the phone again.  I can only assume that someone used my card number from a business i purchased things from or some virus got past my AV software which I have now replaced with the Norton I had on my other computer.  Damn, I hope I am not responsible for any of the charges.  Anyone know what happens in a case like this? Am I only responsible for $50.00?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't think you're responsible for any of the fraudulent charges. Make sure you notify your credit-card company in writing, listing all the charges that you dispute. The burden of proof is on the people who charged you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#12]
From what I understand if fraud is proven, then you only pay $50. You may have been hit by that sircam virus that records kestrokes whenever on a site that contained words like "password". It would then send off the site location along with your pw to the crooks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:44:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Some jacko sent this to my Yahoo account-

[b]Worm Klez.E immunity[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top