Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/30/2002 3:39:18 AM EDT
JOHNNY CARSON BREAKS SILENCE: KNOCKS FOX FOR TOO MUCH PATRIOTISM AT SUPER BOWL; THINKS BUSH IN ENRON COVER-UP **Exlcusive Details** Don't look for Johnny Carson to make an appearance during NBC's 75TH Anniversary Special -- even though NBC head Bob Wright has made a personal plea. "That ain't gonna happen," the retired Carson tells ESQUIRE magazine. "That ain't gonna happen." * * * Reporter Bill Zehme has been courting Carson for years and the relationship has paid off in spades: On May 8th, ESQUIRE rolls out an exhaustive exclusive interview with the press-shy Carson, running 10 pages. Carson rips FOX for its Super Bowl red-white-and-blue coverage following 9/11: "When you look at the production -- give me a break!" Carson says. [b]"Norman Mailer said something about patriotism being a nice thing, but just ease up a bit... It's nice to live in this country, but ease up!"[/b] Carson takes on Bush: [b]"Can you believe this Enron mess? I love how his good friend 'Kenny Boy' suddenly turned into 'Mr. Lay'... Give me a break! It will be a long time before we ever understand what's going on behind that story."[/b] * * * He tells Zehme that the only time he wished he was back on the air and not retired was during the Monica Lewinsky mess. "It's John. I regret it now," Carson said to Wright in a phone call. "I haven't seen such an abundance of material in my life!" Developing... See article at:[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjc.htm[/url] Eric The(SuddenlyJayLenoRisesInMyEstimation)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:43:29 AM EDT
Johhny who?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:24:03 PM EDT
Strange views from someone who professed to be such a Reagan fan. That being said i havent watched many late night talk shows since he retired.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:00:01 PM EDT
[b]Gopher[/b], buddy, where you been? I haven't seen you at any of the Gun Shows lately! Come by and see us! As a matter of fact, you may need to e-mail me if you don't have anything planned for this weekend! Eric The(ericthehun@aol.com)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:23:47 PM EDT
You can always tell when the elections are getting closer, all the Hollywood types start volunteering their commie opinions again.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:40:24 PM EDT
[i]sigh[/i]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:43:58 PM EDT
I don't know what he was like earlier on (as I wasn't born yet). But, his shows in the late 80's/early 90's just before he left weren't ever worth watching IMHO. Jay Leno does the Tonight Show a million times better than Carson did. Now, I know why...Carson is commie Rat bastard.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:52:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:20:55 AM EDT
Just goes to show, who gives a crap about a celebrity's opinions (no matter how entertaining he was) on life. Puke. M4-AK
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:59:01 AM EDT
Ditto M4-AK. Why anyone listens to the dancing bears in Hollywood, I'll never know. When did experience in acting turn into wisdom in political matters?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:02:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Am-O-Tramp: You can always tell when the elections are getting closer, all the Hollywood types start volunteering their commie opinions again.
View Quote
Yep
Top Top