BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2002 2:05:23 PM EDT
Are you sure, Rickyj?

Would you like another guess?

Chicago residents who registered their guns don't actually have to do anything. Just wait and your local CAGE team will be along directly to assist you.
[img]www.ks-mo-hunt.org/images/member1.jpg[/img]

[url]www.ci.chi.il.us/CommunityPolicing/AboutCPD/PressReleases/PressReleases02/PR020408.html[/url]

Read the above link, and perhaps you'd like to admit that you don't know what the faaq you're talking about.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Superintendent Hillard Announces
Public Notice On Regulations Relating to Assualt Weapons
View Quote

Shouldn't it be a rule that if you can't spell Assault (twice!) Weapon on a public notice like a press release, you can't make rules about their possession?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
(10) any firearm having a caliber of .50 or greater;
View Quote

Well, by this definition - a black powder, muzzle loading .54 cal Hawkins is now illegal.  Whew!  What a relief - those black powder drive-bys were getting way out of hand!

Good going Chicago!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shouldn't it be a rule that if you can't spell Assault (twice!) Weapon on a public notice like a press release, you can't make rules about their possession?
View Quote

Gunny, it should be a rule that if you're not a dead guy named George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, etc you can't make rules about assault weapons, but no one's asking me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gunny, it should be a rule that if you're not a dead guy named George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, etc you can't make rules about assault weapons,...
View Quote

True, how very true... May I buy the next round of beer?[beer]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
True, how very true... May I buy the next round of beer?[beer]
View Quote

It will be my distinct pleasure to drink to the Gunny's health...with the Gunny's beer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
They are already doing it in Kaili and NJ.

Is anyone there fighting back?

If you bury them, it says something about what you are doing to your RIGHT.

And make mine a moose drool.[beer][beer][beer]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Alright! Meet me at Kincaid's! Order me a Bacon Cheese burger, and some fries! Do they carry Zeigenbock yet? No? Okay, I'll pick some up at Tom Thumb on the way.

A note of caution: It might be while before I can get there, so don't wait up.[:(]

Sincerely,
Stranded in [s]Hell[/s] New York
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like Chicago is gonna go from murder capital of the USA to murder capital of the Solar System.  Before long, "armed criminal in Chicago" will be the most highly sought after job in the USA.

Oh, and those LEOs sure look cute in their SS battle dress.  I'll bet they all have hardons.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]

[b]EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.

Incremental gun confiscation is already underway.[/b]

But... but... but... but how will they know who even owns those evil "assualt weapons"??????
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Duh. The only possiple purpose for registration is confiscation. The only strange thing is that none of these guys have been shot yet. Or have they?

"a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded"
Uh oh, better watch out for those heavy guns! They're real killers! This one made me laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
...the Superintendent of Police has promulgated regulations that expand the definition of assualt weapons that are prohibited withing [sic] the City of Chicago.
View Quote

Since when can the Superintendent of Police expand the definition of anything? WTF is that about?

Also, are they too stupid to spell "within" correctly?

Oh, and I like this:

following weapons are defined as assault weapons because the design or operation of the weapons is inappropriate for lawful use:
View Quote

Who the hell are they to define what is inappropriate for lawful use? Jeez, I thought California sucked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#13]
This one's for you, Rickyj:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just believe that certain types of weapons should be registered.
View Quote

What's the goal of registration? The only point of registration is so the government can come back around and confiscate them at its leisure.
View Quote

[whacko]
View Quote

Would you care to retract your uninformed statement yet?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder why local law officers need camo fatigues in an urban environment?

__
FS
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#15]
[b]Section 2. These regulations take effect May 01, 2002.[/b]

Just a couple of days left
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just a couple of [b]ammo shopping days[/b] left.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]
The sad part is that the sheeple will let this happen.  Chicago some time ago gathered up 4477s from the gun dealers of purchasers who bought more than 1 gun a month.  All they had to do was organize it.

Sounds like time to use Black Panther tactics from the 60s.  Time to say enough is enough, or time to move.

Of course where is the NRA.  Mayor Daily MUST have stock in crime cause it's going to go way UP.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#18]
A number of California cities tried similar crap, trying to pass local bans on SURS (over and above state law), and they were all either challenged or sued by the California Rifle & Pistol Association. The CRPA won every time and the local cities had to give it up. Does IL have such an organization?

Oops, I take that back. San Francisco has a local "AW" ban that exceeds the state ban. In SF, you may not possess any SURs, including RR89/SB23 registered SURs! And on top of that, they banned M1As and M1 carbines (no mention of the Garand). If you get caught with one, it's a misdemeanor and the police have the right to confiscate and destroy the weapon.

That city amazes me more and more every day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A number of California cities tried similar crap, trying to pass local bans on SURS (over and above state law), and they were all either challenged or sued by the California Rifle & Pistol Association. The CRPA won every time and the local cities had to give it up. Does IL have such an organization?

Oops, I take that back. San Francisco has a local "AW" ban that exceeds the state ban. In SF, you may not possess any SURs, including RR89/SB23 registered SURs! And on top of that, they banned M1As and M1 carbines (no mention of the Garand). If you get caught with one, it's a misdemeanor and the police have the right to confiscate and destroy the weapon.

That city amazes me more and more every day.
View Quote

Your kalifornia has a state pre-emption in regards to firearms laws. The previous REPUBLICAN attorney general dan lungren, refused to enforce it and that is why SF still has that AW ban.

Last year a cop told me that gun registration is a good thing because it helps them return stolen firearms to the rightful owners.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
they were all either challenged or sued by the California Rifle & Pistol Association.  Does IL have such an organization?
View Quote

Illinois has the ISRA, the Illinois State Republican Association.  As long as they can continue to sucker the rubes into voting Republican, they'd put John McCain into office.  Or Henry Hyde.  Or Jim Ryan.  Oh, wait, they did (for the latter two, anyway). . . .

Guns?  Wha?  Oh, right, they're supposed to be a gun-owners association.  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#21]
So how far is the Illinois capital from where the BRC is going to be?

We will have an army [:D] ...  

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:34:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gunny, it should be a rule that if you're not a dead guy named George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, etc you can't make rules about assault weapons....
View Quote

It is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gunny, it should be a rule that if you're not a dead guy named George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, etc you can't make rules about assault weapons....
View Quote

It is.
View Quote

Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#24]
C'mon, somebody has got to remember which member used to have the sig line:

[b]'F*** 'em, we've got the guns!'[/b]

I can't remember, but whoever it was, that's my way of thinking as well!

Eric The('FromMyColdDeadHands')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like Chicago is gonna go from murder capital of the USA to murder capital of the Solar System.  Before long, "armed criminal in Chicago" will be the most highly sought after job in the USA.

Oh, and those LEOs sure look cute in their SS battle dress.  I'll bet they all have hardons.

[rolleyes]
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

[edited]

Don't get too excited:  I'm pretty sure that Jarhead took the photo from this site:
[url=]http://www.ks-mo-hunt.org[/url]
Specifically, from this page:
[url=]http://www.ks-mo-hunt.org/images/member1.jpg[/url]

It's the site for the "Mid America Hunting Association", but the photo does add some emotion to the post doesn't it?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't get too excited:  I'm pretty sure that Jarhead took the photo from this site:
[url=]http://www.ks-mo-hunt.org[/url]
Specifically, from this page:
[url=]http://www.ks-mo-hunt.org/images/member1.jpg[/url]

It's the site for the "Mid America Hunting Association", but the photo does add some emotion to the post doesn't it?
View Quote

Jackass, that is a picture of a CAGE team that I saw attached to several articles when they first started rolling out.

Yes, I linked to the ks-mo-hunt site as you found out being the Sherlock Holmes kinda guy you are, able to right click and hit "properties" like the crack investigator you are.

Here's another source for the same pic: [url]www.kc3.com/news/chicago_confiscation.htm[/url]

And here: [url]www.paragonpowerhouse.org/confiscation_of_registered_guns_.htm[/url]

Did you think that was just a picture of hunters? Is that it?

Oh, I forgot who I was dealing with. Never mind.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Last year a cop told me that gun registration is a good thing because it helps them return stolen firearms to the rightful owners.
View Quote

The rightful owner being the Gov't of course.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

__
FS
View Quote

Good point, if they wanted to blend in they should be dressed up gansta syle..those guys have been watching way too much TV..
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Jackass, that is a picture of a CAGE team that I saw attached to several articles when they first started rolling out.

Yes, I linked to the ks-mo-hunt site as you found out being the Sherlock Holmes kinda guy you are, able to right click and hit "properties" like the crack investigator you are.

Here's another source for the same pic: [url]www.kc3.com/news/chicago_confiscation.htm[/url]

And here: [url]www.paragonpowerhouse.org/confiscation_of_registered_guns_.htm[/url]

Did you think that was just a picture of hunters? Is that it?

Oh, I forgot who I was dealing with. Never mind.
View Quote

I'm happy that I qualified my level of certainty.  I wasn't completely sure that the hunting site was your source, and I said so.  The photo did appear on the sites you listed.

I seem to remember that your response to a post I made a few days ago about government decison makers and my Harvard mouth was an indication that you have no sense of humor, but here goes a friendly reading suggestion:

[url=http://www.theonion.com/onion3814/marine_never_knew.html] Marine Never Knew What Freedom Was Until He Left Marines[/url]

Please read with a grain of salt and a good nature.

Take it easy, and have some fun, OK toughie?  

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:21:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't know what you are here to teach me, O Wise One, but my only reply to your "best and brightest" post was, "Someone please tell me this is sarcasm." I suppose I failed your test of wit, and I will have to carry that black mark to my grave.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:25:02 AM EDT
[#31]
We now return you to the discussion of gun registration and confiscation already in progress.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, sorry 'bout that.  
[peep]

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#33]
i. any of the firearms, or types, replicas, or duplicates in any caliber of the firearms known as:

(1) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);

(2) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;

(3) Beretta AR-70 (SC-70);

(4) Colt AR-15;

(5) Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

(6) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

(7) Steyr AUG;

(8) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9, and TEC-22; and

(9) any shotgun which contains its ammunition in a revolving cylinder, such as (but not limited to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

(10) any firearm having a caliber of .50 or greater;
View Quote

Nice to know my Armalite AR-180B is still legal there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh yeah?
[b]ii. a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has [one or more of the following]:

(1) a folding or telescoping stock;

(2) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) a bayonet mount;

(4) a flash suppressor or barrel having a threaded muzzle; or

(5) a grenade launcher[/b]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
[

View Quote

Sorry,
its not, the 180 was supposed to be registered in the orginial registrations.  

"Assault weapon" means any of the following weapons:

(1)     Assault Rifles

TABLE INSET:

AK 47 type 86S type

AK 47S type 86S7 type
AK 74 type 87S type
AKS type Galil type
AKM type Type 56 type
AKMS type Type 565 type
84S1 type Valmet M76 type
Arm type Valmet M78 type
84S1 type M76 counter sniper type
84S3 type FAL type
HK91 type L1A1A type
HK93 type SAR 48 type
HK94 type AUG type
G3SA type FNC type
K1 type Uzi carbine
K2 type Algimec AGMI type
AR100 type AR180 type
M24S type MAS 223 type
SIG 550SP type Beretta BM59 type
SIG 551SP type Beretta AR70 type
Australian Automatic Arms CIS SR88 type
SAR type  
SKS type with detachable magazine  
Colt AR-15  
Springfield Armory SAR-48  
Springfield Armory BM-59  
Bushmaster Auto Rifle  
Auto-Ordinance Thompson M1  
Ruger Mini 14/5F  
Federal XC-900 and XC-450  
Feather AT-9 Auto Carbine  
Goncz High Tech Carbine  
Auto-Ordinance Thompson 1927A1  
Iver Johnson PM30 P Paratrooper  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh yeah?
[b]ii. a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has [one or more of the following]:

(1) a folding or telescoping stock;

(2) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) a bayonet mount;

(4) a flash suppressor or barrel having a threaded muzzle; or

(5) a grenade launcher[/b]
View Quote

Nice to know I don't live in Chicago.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We now return you to the discussion of [red]gun registration and confiscation already in progress.[/red]
View Quote

Of course you mean the confiscation that's already in progress, not just the discussion. [;)]

Quoted:
Guns????? What guns????
View Quote

I understand this is partly in jest. Others have expressed the same "Who me?" idea.

But the truth is, ultimately you won't be [u]asked[/u] to hand over your guns, they'll be taken from you slicker than you can say "Holy Mao!"

Any pesky neighbors or co-workers with an axe to grind will be rewarded ($$) by Gov't for info on you and your "hobby".

Gun-trading forums [s]will be[/s] are most likely scanned and traced for emails and names of private gun buyers and even just those who are interested in guns.

Prior to the outright ban on guns, all 4437s will be secured from gun dealers. (easily done - see Chicago)

All gun purchasers in the last 10years will be known and marked for a "visit" when you're not home.

Apartment-dwellers will come home one day to find the landlord standing in your living room talking to a couple of suits and a half-dozen CAGE members rifling through your rifle cabinet.

All very legal.

And the Burbs and Boonies will simply get stopped on their way home one day at a roadblock leading to their house.

You'll never even be allowed to see the search warrant. ("Search Warrant? We don't need no stinkin' warrant!")

But this will be slow... very slow, glacially slow.

Incrementalism.

You won't even notice it.

And you won't feel a thing.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It is.
View Quote

Thanks for clearing that up.
View Quote

This rule may be clrear to you and me, but it's evidently not clear to the law-enforcement agents who take American's assault weapons, or to anyone who allows them to.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#40]
No, I don't care to retract my statement yet. (Which in all fairness was made to weapons in general. In the discussion that I said some weapons should be registered people were talking about AA missiles and tanks) I don't believe I said that registration could not lead to confiscation. I just don't believe that registration does lead to confiscation. ie correlation does not prove causation. How long have NFA items been registered? since 1934? And these evil weapons of the most destructive potential, the easiest to demonize and they have still not been confiscated? I believe there is more involved than just the registration factor.

This factor is how the public views gun owners and certain guns in particular. Chigaco and Kali are areas where guns have been demonized. Why has this happened? Maybe because of the liberal media, maybe because of an oppressive government but probably because gun owners have not been active enough in protecting their rights. This includes creating new progun people, being politically active, changing the publics view of gun owners, etc. Whether or not you want to admit it if the majority of US citizens believe that gun owners are criminals we will lose our rights to own guns. You will not be able to fight the army, you are NOT so tough that you will save the world by yourself. You are not superman, and by yourself you will not be the savior of the new world. Sorry to tell you that. If you want your guns and your freedom you are going to have to follow the law. Yeah I will be the first to agree with you that some laws suck. But the way you change that is to vote. Be politically active and change the law, change the public view. Don't sit in your basement whining like a schoolgirl about the government taking your guns and not respecting your rights. And if you only do one thing don't carry, own, purchase, or sell an illegal gun. What reflection do you think it has on gunowners as a whole when people see a report on the news of someone holed up in a shack with a shitload of illegal guns. Don't you realize that this is viewed as socially unacceptable. The more reports that people see like this the more antigun they become. People that have the attitude of "I'll own a machinegun whether or not its illegal, and if you try and get my gun I'll kill you all" are the ones losing the battle for us. Most people are scared of these nuts, myself included. The real question is how did chicago and Kali get to this point. The answer is not that a city or state full of gun owners was stripped of its rights by an oppressive government. The answer is that these areas are filled with antigun people.

The questions we need to ask ourselves are:
Why are these areas filled with anitgun people?
How can we change that?
What can I do?

Jarhead_22: whats with you?
Read the above link, and perhaps you'd like to admit that you don't know what the faaq you're talking about.
View Quote

Maybe instead of arguing with a fellow gun owner  you should argue with some anti's. I am more on your side than easily 90% of the people in US. And rather than realizing that, you now think I am somehow your enemy because I think there are weapons in the world that not everyone should be trusted with.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#41]
By all means, don't let the facts interfere with your worldview. Is that a knock on the front door? Who could it be...A CAGE team or reality?

I'll wait here while you go and see.

I'll continue to support pro-gun groups, patronize pro-gun businesses, boycott anti-gun businesses, write my legislators, vote in every election for pro-gun or at least conservative, pro-rights candidates, shoot, take others shooting, counterprotest anti-gun groups' demonstrations, make intelligent, cogent statements rather than engage in straw man arguments, and generally continue to live up to the oath I took to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic."
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No, I don't care to retract my statement yet. (Which in all fairness was made to weapons in general. In the discussion that I said some weapons should be registered people were talking about AA missiles and tanks) I don't believe I said that registration could not lead to confiscation. I just don't believe that registration does lead to confiscation. ie correlation does not prove causation. How long have NFA items been registered? since 1934? And these evil weapons of the most destructive potential, the easiest to demonize and they have still not been confiscated? I believe there is more involved than just the registration factor.

This factor is how the public views gun owners and certain guns in particular. Chigaco and Kali are areas where guns have been demonized. Why has this happened? Maybe because of the liberal media, maybe because of an oppressive government but probably because gun owners have not been active enough in protecting their rights. This includes creating new progun people, being politically active, changing the publics view of gun owners, etc. Whether or not you want to admit it if the majority of US citizens believe that gun owners are criminals we will lose our rights to own guns. You will not be able to fight the army, you are NOT so tough that you will save the world by yourself. You are not superman, and by yourself you will not be the savior of the new world. Sorry to tell you that. If you want your guns and your freedom you are going to have to follow the law. Yeah I will be the first to agree with you that some laws suck. But the way you change that is to vote. Be politically active and change the law, change the public view. Don't sit in your basement whining like a schoolgirl about the government taking your guns and not respecting your rights. And if you only do one thing don't carry, own, purchase, or sell an illegal gun. What reflection do you think it has on gunowners as a whole when people see a report on the news of someone holed up in a shack with a shitload of illegal guns. Don't you realize that this is viewed as socially unacceptable. The more reports that people see like this the more antigun they become. People that have the attitude of "I'll own a machinegun whether or not its illegal, and if you try and get my gun I'll kill you all" are the ones losing the battle for us. Most people are scared of these nuts, myself included. The real question is how did chicago and Kali get to this point. The answer is not that a city or state full of gun owners was stripped of its rights by an oppressive government. The answer is that these areas are filled with antigun people.

The questions we need to ask ourselves are:
Why are these areas filled with anitgun people?
How can we change that?
What can I do?

View Quote

It is comments like this that allow the incremental loss of our RIGHTS possible.

The registered guns you speak of are now dying off, because newly manufactured mechine-guns can no longer be sold to the public, so as the ones in circulation wear out there are less and less of them.

Confiscation by ignorance.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
By all means, don't let the facts interfere with your worldview. Is that a knock on the front door? Who could it be...A CAGE team or reality?

I'll wait here while you go and see.

I'll continue to support pro-gun groups, patronize pro-gun businesses, boycott anti-gun businesses, write my legislators, vote in every election for pro-gun or at least conservative, pro-rights candidates, shoot, take others shooting, counterprotest anti-gun groups' demonstrations, make intelligent, cogent statements rather than engage in straw man arguments, and generally continue to live up to the oath I took to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic."
View Quote

seeing as how i aint none intellimegent. which part of my argment is a strw man.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It is comments like this that allow the incremental loss of our RIGHTS possible.

The registered guns you speak of are now dying off, because newly manufactured mechine-guns can no longer be sold to the public, so as the ones in circulation wear out there are less and less of them.

Confiscation by ignorance.
View Quote

WTF?
Did you even read my post?
Yes, yes I know that you can no longer purchase newly manufactured machineguns. What are you going to do about it? Hmmm. I am ignorant because I see the facts? Okay let me guess, you are 6'11" tall, 378 pounds of bulletproof muscle. You personally will lead us to saftey from our oppressive government.
Hahahaha!
LOL!

[whacko]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I just don't believe that registration does lead to confiscation. ie correlation does not prove causation. How long have NFA items been registered? since 1934? And these evil weapons of the most destructive potential, the easiest to demonize and they have still not been confiscated?

I did read you post. Did you?

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just don't believe that registration does lead to confiscation. ie correlation does not prove causation. How long have NFA items been registered? since 1934? And these evil weapons of the most destructive potential, the easiest to demonize and they have still not been confiscated?

View Quote

Are NFA weapons being confiscated?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

seeing as how i aint none intellimegent. which part of my argment is a strw man.
View Quote

Not that the paragraph of mine quoted above is an accusation, but rather a statement of what I do and do not do, I will point out one statement that is what I would consider a straw man:
You will not be able to fight the army, you are NOT so tough that you will save the world by yourself. You are not superman, and by yourself you will not be the savior of the new world.
View Quote

I never claimed to be any of the above, yet you make it a point to argue the fact that I will not be able to fight the army, save the world, am not superman and will not be the savior of the new world. You haven't proven anything by saying that, since I never maintained that any of that was true.

Basing your registration claims on Stingers and tanks is also a bit of a straw man. Sure, some would like to have them, and some people actually do own tanks. But no one is out there campainging to legalize civilian ownership of AA missiles and tanks. It's just not going to happen, so why argue against it as though you're proving something?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a back door kind of way.

View Quote

Are NFA weapons being confiscated?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Mr. and Mrs. America, just turn 'em all in - or we will f*ng come get them !!"

yep, not many shopping days left.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#50]
What never ceases to amaze me on the whole registration thing is that pro-gunners do not respond to these attacks with a simple comment to the effect of "If I keep a log my serial numbers and my firearms are stolen, I can report them. Where does registration benefit the honest gun owner?"

Rickyj, You can lick the goo out of my ass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top