Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2002 10:35:15 AM EDT
The man who lies low and awaits developments usually comes off second best.

Erwin Rommel
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#1]
By "us" who are you refering to?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Them that are waiting for their guns to be taken away, or waiting for the SHTF scenario, or etc..........
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
What are you suggesting, a "First Strike"?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't mistake cold cunning calculations for rash actions.

Paul Moderator AR15.com
View Quote

I hope you are correct in that assessment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would prefer the term pre-emptive.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I would prefer the term pre-emptive.
View Quote

You're not one of those "militia" yahoos are you? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Where should we go??  [peep]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe pre-emptive is an incorrect term since they (hte feds) have been striking us down since 1865, would post-emptive be a correct term?

I am a constitutionalist and I am not affiliated with any militia.

I don't want to go anywhere, I would just like my country back!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe pre-emptive is an incorrect term since they (hte feds) have been striking us down since 1865, would post-emptive be a correct term?

View Quote

Well, unless you're going to take up arms against the government, all you can do is lobby and vote for those who will protect and restore your gun rights. That's all any of us can do legaly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, unless you're going to take up arms against the government, all you can do is lobby and vote for those who will protect and restore your gun rights. That's all any of us can do legaly.
View Quote

Benjamin Franklin said they gave us three boxes to correct wrongs done to us by the government.

The ballot box
The jury box
The cartridge box

Which box do you see us in now?
It looks like you think we have not passed the ballot box yet. If that is the case name any law that took freedom away in the last 20 years that has been reversed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Benjamin Franklin said they gave us three boxes to correct wrongs done to us by the government.

The ballot box
The jury box
The cartridge box

Which box do you see us in now?
It looks like you think we have not passed the ballot box yet. If that is the case name any law that took freedom away in the last 20 years that has been reversed.
View Quote

Damn man, what's your chip? The ATF shoot your baby out of your wife's arms or something? I too think it sucks that the screws keep getting tighter on gun rights, but I don't think we're at the point to grab "The Cartridge Box" just yet. Maybe we aren't doing enough voteing, or doing it right. I know I've been a "lazy voter" lately. I agree something needs to be done, but you sound like you want to just skip the rational and go extreme militant.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
He is a kooky link, just scroll down one screen. Go ahead you know you want to.
[url]www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2126[/url]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He is a kooky link, just scroll down one screen. Go ahead you know you want to.
[url]www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2126[/url]
View Quote

Oh man, a flyer that was stopped from circulation due to being miss-worded and unapproved. That's right man, time to put the bayonets on those pre-ban lugs and get in the trench!!!

Sorry man, I don't buy it. We are not beyond diplomacy yet. Cool your jets and roll out the tin foil.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

We also can educate others that:

-- Badge-wearers who break the law are OUTLAWS.

-- In some circumstances, forceful self-defense against outlaws is LEGAL.

-- It's not just gun-sportsmen who need to worry, it's all Americans burdened by the oppressive tax rate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
soulzer, you're the one who jumped to 'cartridge box'.  I would have to agree with AR10er that use of the 'ballot box' has only led to the incremental loss of rights and freedoms.  This and current events now places all of those actively interested in the 'jury box'. And by that I mean that we are watching, listening, and judging as events transpire.  This does not preclude using the 'ballot box'.  I for one am very interested in how the events of 9/11 have changed the political climate and the resulting effects on upcoming elections.  The 'cartridge box' has always been a last resort.  Now, when the blue hats start marching down American streets, I don't think there's any deliberating left to do in that 'jury box'.

Dan
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#18]
He who thinks the Federal Gubmint is not interested in eliminating gun ownership (read: gun owners) is in dire need of a suppository.

Authority always wants a monopoly on power. Guns equal power. Any questions?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry man, I don't buy it. We are not beyond diplomacy yet. Cool your jets and roll out the tin foil.
View Quote

68 years of illegal government acts enforcing the Constitutionally-illegal NFA. What are you waiting for?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I am not saying its time to jump into the trenches but just food for thought. The colonist put up with alot of what the British had to throw at them. Taxes lake of representaion, ect....  But when it came down to taking there arms they chose to make a stand and fight. Do not misunderstand, the colonist still wanted peace, even after Bunker Hill, they still wanted peace, even a year later they still wanted peace. At this point the Crown wanted BLOOD.

Every person has a different opinion on things. There like a@#holes, we all have them. Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
soulzer, you're the one who jumped to 'cartridge box'.  I would have to agree with AR10er that use of the 'ballot box' has only led to the incremental loss of rights and freedoms.  This and current events now places all of those actively interested in the 'jury box'. And by that I mean that we are watching, listening, and judging as events transpire.  This does not preclude using the 'ballot box'.  I for one am very interested in how the events of 9/11 have changed the political climate and the resulting effects on upcoming elections.  The 'cartridge box' has always been a last resort.  Now, when the blue hats start marching down American streets, I don't think there's any deliberating left to do in that 'jury box'.

Dan
View Quote

I haven't jumped to the cartridge box, I don't believe it's time for that yet. I still have hope of resolving things by legal and legislative means. Yes, sinse 9/11 things are needed to be watched, but look what happened to the proposed ban on 50 cals, I believe that was shot down wasn't it? You guys sound like all those militia types I run into down here in Georgia. So ready to grab the rifle. Yes, be outraged, but be rational about it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

68 years of illegal government acts enforcing the Constitutionally-illegal NFA. What are you waiting for?
View Quote

I'm not waiting, I'm voteing. Maybe I need to do more, and I will. But one thing I won't do is freak myself into a paranoid frenzy that all hope is lost.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dan
View Quote

I haven't jumped to the cartridge box, I don't believe it's time for that yet. I still have hope of resolving things by legal and legislative means. Yes, sinse 9/11 things are needed to be watched, but look what happened to the proposed ban on 50 cals, I believe that was shot down wasn't it? You guys sound like all those militia types I run into down here in Georgia. So ready to grab the rifle. Yes, be outraged, but be rational about it.
View Quote

Be rational about what? The sweeping new changes that allow the gov't police agencies to spy on you and me? Thanks to 9/11, everything you say, write, e-mail, post, and sh!t is theirs.
Be rational about what? The new campaign finance reform law that forbids anyone from publishing or broadcasting [b]anything[/b] about a candidate 60 days b/f an election?
Be rational about what? The fact that government has its citizens' best interest in mind? The only thing on the mind of those in government is to stay in government.
Be rational about what? Ruby Ridge? Waco? Countless other bloody rampages initiated and concluded by the government?

Be rational about what? Tell me. Please tell me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I'm not waiting, I'm voteing. Maybe I need to do more, and I will. But one thing I won't do is freak myself into a paranoid frenzy that all hope is lost.
View Quote

Will you jump if the govment labels you a terrorist for owning an AR15?

Just a question no flame intended.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Be rational about what? The sweeping new changes that allow the gov't police agencies to spy on you and me? Thanks to 9/11, everything you say, write, e-mail, post, and sh!t is theirs.
Be rational about what? The new campaign finance reform law that forbids anyone from publishing or broadcasting [b]anything[/b] about a candidate 60 days b/f an election?
Be rational about what? The fact that government has its citizens' best interest in mind? The only thing on the mind of those in government is to stay in government.
Be rational about what? Ruby Ridge? Waco? Countless other bloody rampages initiated and concluded by the government?

Be rational about what? Tell me. Please tell me.
View Quote

If you believe the system is failed beyond repair. That voteing for those who support your rights, those who want change, and supporting organizations that fight for gun rights won't change anything, I disagree. It's time to get more active and speak louder, but going to extremes is what makes people who don't understand firearms or those who enjoy them fear us even more and want to take our guns away.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#26]
It is not about firearms, it is about freedom.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Will you jump if the govment labels you a terrorist for owning an AR15?

Just a question no flame intended.
View Quote

I hope it will never come to that. I know I'm not a terrorist, to label me one because I own & enjoy my AR-15s and AK-47s would be wrong.

If you're trying to get me to say if I would ever stand up and fight for my freedoms/rights/guns etc... Yes, if SHTF came down, I would. I don't think we are there yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Read my first post again s0ulzer0.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have read it. I don't think working to resolve issues by voting and supporting organizations (like NRA) who lobby for our rights and freedoms to be protected is "laying low". I'm a Libertarian, I want less government intrusion into my life just like you. What I'm getting at is that I don't believe that it's time for an armed revolution yet. That's just my opinion - I didn't say you had to like it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Well at least now I know I won't be the only matyr when Hillary Klinton gets elected pres. Glad to see a fellow Idahoan willing to take up arms against oppression.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have read it. I don't think working to resolve issues by voting and supporting organizations (like NRA) who lobby for our rights and freedoms to be protected is "laying low". I'm a Libertarian, I want less government intrusion into my life just like you. What I'm getting at is that I don't believe that it's time for an armed revolution yet. That's just my opinion - I didn't say you had to like it.
View Quote

What I would like to know from those that have read this, is when and where do you draw the "line"?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#32]
my line was crossed a long time ago..i have been violateing there laws for years. when they come to arrest me for following CONSTITUTIONAL LAW ONLY is when the lead starts flying.

yes i will die, i have resolved myself to this. i will be cut down in a hail of gunfire, but i will die for what i belive in.

i know whare i am heading, do you??
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well at least now I know I won't be the only matyr when Hillary Klinton gets elected pres. Glad to see a fellow Idahoan willing to take up arms against oppression.
View Quote

Hey where are you in Idaho?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
my line was crossed a long time ago..i have been violateing there laws for years. when they come to arrest me for following CONSTITUTIONAL LAW ONLY is when the lead starts flying.

yes i will die, i have resolved myself to this. i will be cut down in a hail of gunfire, but i will die for what i belive in.

View Quote

I am going to live free or die, sorry about the plagiarism, but I could not say it better!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am going to live free or die, sorry about the plagiarism, but I could not say it better!
View Quote

words that i live by..  but it is looking more and more like one cannot live by these words anymore.. therfore i will die fighting for this creed..

either way I WIN..
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I posted this because Rommel was the greatest general that ever put on the uniform.
He was the biggest factor in France falling in weeks, and he consistently beat the British in North Africa all the time being out gunned and out manned, only the breaking the enigma code saved the British ass!

So I think he knew what he was talking about, and if we don't know history we are doomed to repeat it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top