Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
F-15E. Drop air to mud with the capacity to fight air to air on the way to the target and can fight its way back home. What can be better than having one of the best air to air weapon system airframes combined with the ability to drop several tons of precision munitions.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go for the A-10.  The thing is a flying tank, and the Avenger cannon it has on the front is incredible.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Another Warthog fan reporting for duty.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, 'bout time someone posted it...

[img]www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/a10.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I would love to fly the Su-27 Flanker.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, too bad you can't pick the F-4 Phantom.  In my opinion, the coolest fighter ever made.
View Quote

. . . Proof that if you put a big enough engine on it, even a brick can fly. [:p]

Well, unfortunately, you're asking about a career, not about fun.  So as much as I think the A-10 is the coolest plane out there, IMHO you'll want to go with whatever will help your career the most.  That will be the most advanced fighter you can get into.

P.S.  Cool pic, [red]marvl[/red]!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Pilatus PC-9

[url]http://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/3_training_aircraft/frameset_pc9m.htm[/url]

[url]http://users.chariot.net.au/~theburfs/pc9MAIN.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.af.mil/photos/images/fighters_f16_0036.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
F-15 in Airforce, F-14 in Navy. There's just something about an Air Superiority figher.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only one choice for an aerial cowboy:

[img]http://www.dimensional.com/~mwluse/f-15.jpg[/img]
View Quote

C'mon Marvl,  no fair posting photoshop BS on a post as important to a man's future as this.

In case you didn't notice it, without JATO, this pic is an impossibility.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
F-15E. Drop air to mud with the capacity to fight air to air on the way to the target and can fight its way back home. What can be better than having one of the best air to air weapon system airframes combined with the ability to drop several tons of precision munitions.
View Quote

Gotta go with the Air Superiority guys on this one.
HOT ROD.

You're young only for a short time.
Kick Ass!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:20:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

C'mon Marvl,  no fair posting photoshop BS on a post as important to a man's future as this.

View Quote

I didn't notice it.  Why is it an impossibility??
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That isn't a photo of a "rocket" launch.  The F-15 took off and accelerated down the runway at like 5 feet off the ground then abruptly rotated to near vertical.  The dusk cloud is from the planes's exhaust hitting the ground from the air, not a ground launch.

Those types of manuvers are shown often.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That isn't a photo of a "rocket" launch.  The F-15 took off and accelerated down the runway at like 5 feet off the ground then abruptly rotated to near vertical.  The dusk cloud is from the planes's exhaust hitting the ground from the air, not a ground launch.

Those types of manuvers are shown often.
View Quote

That's what I thought too -- just look at the elevators on that puppy.  If they're not hard up, they're close.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#15]
F-15 all the way. High and fast is the way to go. Plus, fighter jocks are at the top of the Pyramid. Only the top the class get this privilege. Work hard. Who knows, in a few years you might be flying top secrets missions over China in the latest (Aurora?) type Recon planes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Although they aren't ours these kick ass! The F-22s are svelt and elegant while the Su-27 series look simply [devil]

[img]http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su27/images/su27_8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su27/images/su27_2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/su-27-2.jpg[/img]

BrenLover

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool pics. I can't believe the military wants to phase out the A-10s. Won't there always be a use for a dedicated, fixed wing, ground attack plane? I love helos, but they are fragile, and can't sustain the type of damage an A-10 can endure. How much of this decision is just based on politics alone?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I would not rule out Bombers. The B-52 is a cool as plane that is projected to be in service long enough for your kids to be flying them, they hold a ludicrous amount of payload and the feeling of doing NOE in one has got to be incredible.

I also like the B-1Bs, they too will be in for some time and are as close to flying a stealth bomber as you can get, swing wind, mach 2, EVIL LOOKING AS HELL. The prototype B-1 hit Mach 2.3!

BrenLover
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Fly the B-2A! Based only at Whiteman, except for airshow deployments. Central Missouri has a reasonable cost of living, and is populated with lots of gun nuts - my kind of people.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]

mach 2, EVIL LOOKING AS HELL. The prototype B-1 hit Mach 2.3!

BrenLover
View Quote

The B-1 does not fly at mach 2 speeds.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

xanadu, I guess you don't now alot about the F-15C. Becuse if you did you would know it is not inpossible.That is a pic of a demo jet from the 94th fighter sq. at langley afb in 1998.I was a weapons troop in the 94th and i would see that every friday when we would put on demos.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#23]
At 25,000lbs of thrust per engine, yeah it's possible.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#24]
C'mon Marvl, no fair posting photoshop BS on a post as important to a man's future as this.

View Quote

And no fair posting BS misinformation.  I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about.

On full afterburner, if the plane is not loaded down with armament and fuel, its thrust will exceed its weight significantly.  The only problem is the need for enough airspeed for control surfaces to function.  Once he's got enough forward airspeed, he can pull back on the stick and go straight up.

And they don't use JATO on Air Force fighters.  Occasionally on a C-130 because of a short runway, I think that's about it.

Oh, they did use JATO on B-47s back in the 50s, back before they could build decent engines.  And I believe there was a Darwin Award winner that put JATO on his Chevy. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

mach 2, EVIL LOOKING AS HELL. The prototype B-1 hit Mach 2.3!

BrenLover
View Quote

The B-1 does not fly at mach 2 speeds.
View Quote

The B-1A was capable of Mach 2+, IIRC. The B-1B does "only" a little over Mach 1.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I know that these are not an option for you, however, as a bit of a WW II history buff, I've always been intrigued by the likes of:

P-38 Lightening
P-47 Thunderbolt
P-51 Mustang
P-61 Black Widow
F4U Vought Corsair
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Here's a vote for the F-15.  Nothing compares to that vertical departure.  Unless you plan to be a lifer, consider something that will build flight time quick.  Airlines give priority to any military time, but still expect some experience, and fighter guys don't always get to fly a whole lot.  

Either way, you can't loose.  Flying is the best job you can have, even when you don't get to blow shit up....... Good luck
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#28]
A-10 BABY!

less than 10 minutes ago their were a few of them doing some kind of exercise over our neighborhood, they were flying <1000 ft and doing hard banks right over our house! Those things are fuckin awesome!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
our AF still doesn't care to allow corrective surgery so we can fill the pilot shortage.  

View Quote

How would they know if you had the surgery? just curious.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#30]
About PRK...the AF is letting a small sample do it and go to UPT...a few of my classmates at the Academy...er, I mean Federal Prison...(if you didn't like my flying, than you certainly don't like Academy guys!) had it done and after a year of eye stabilization (?) they are at UPT. So all may not be lost for you.

I just got back from the centrifuge in Holloman, NM last weekend...7.5 Gs is about as close as any man can (or would ever want to) get to childbirth...it took 3-4 days for the capillaries in my arms to recover.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top