Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 5:11:37 PM EDT
My friend, about FBI response to my AR15.com posts:
----------------------

The lawyer I'm likely to have to get is going to cost me enough to really piss me off.  My choices now:

1) Pay lawyer big bucks to run interference until I
may possibly get a subpoena.
2) Sit around and wait to get a subpoena, at which
time I need to appear before a grand jury, also with a
lawyer present, also costing me big bucks.
3) Talk to the FBI with my lawyer present, costing me
big bucks.

Things I don't like:
1) Dealing with lawyers
2) Paying money for sh-t that is not my problem
3) Getting dragged into other peoples sh-t
4) Talking to cops
5) People getting my wife involved

I know my rights and I don't have to talk to anyone. But does that make me a target?  Don't you think it would?

I just want the f-ck out of this situation. Just like the XFiles but "realer" (actually more like "24").

The retainer is $5K. I've been working 10 hours every day (weekends) for the last 4 weeks looking forward to a bonus.  Now I know where it's going.  [Wife] and I haven't been this
depressed in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know what you're being  accused of yet?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Excess production of hot air.
View Quote

Bwahahahahaha!  He's contributing to global warming! The tree hugging environazi's are on to him![;)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. My lawyer's advice to my friends is,

"Go see the FBI without a lawyer, ask what they want to talk to you about, and tell them that you don't feel you should answer any questions without consulting a lawyer. This would let you get more information and save you the expense of hiring a lawyer for now. Then you could consider whether a lawyer was necessary."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top