Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 7:11:20 AM EDT
Just heard on Fox News that Ward Connerly is attempting to introduce legislation in Kalifornistan to do away with identifying people by their race. It is called the Racial Privacy Initiative and seeks to stop identifying people by their race when filling out forms of any kind.
For example no more checking boxes to state what race you are, hispanic, caucasian etc.
He seems to think that we are humans and that racial identity for the purpose of statistic keeping is pointless and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
His opponents feel we need to keep compiling this info "to make sure all races are receiving their fair share of government handouts."
I think this a great idea.
What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just heard on Fox News that Ward Connerly is attempting to introduce legislation in Kalifornistan to do away with identifying people by their race. It is called the Racial Pricacy Initiative and seeks to stop identifying people by their race when filling out forms of any kind.
For example no more checking boxes to state what race you are, hispanic, caucasian etc.
He seems to think that we are humans and that racial identity for the purpose of statistic keeping is pointless and a waste of taxpayer dollars.
His opponents feel we need to keep compiling this info "to make sure all races are receiving their fair share of government handouts."
I think this a great idea.
What do you guys think?
View Quote

What the hell was he thinking???

What - is he trying to impose a "color-blind" society on us?

[b]How else are we going to be able to judge a person if not by their skin color or ethnic background??[/b]

What a maroon.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
It is about f@ckin' time somebody in the govt. realized this. Equal opportunity was the biggest mistake in the fight for equality we have made in quite sometime. If you want equal "opportunity", then racial annonimity is the only way it can be achieved, that way it plays no part whatsoever in the process.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
This should have happened long ago.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Does this mean that a person would be hired, fired or qualify for subsidies based on their abilities, disabilities or need?  What a concept!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Den howz we goin' know who getz alla repar...repart....money youze owe us fo' being slaves?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#6]
It's about time! I don't think it will happen, the Liberal Demos will shut that down. They'll lose an edge.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I normally check 'Other'
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#8]
It will be funny to see who the biggest opponents to this “color blind” legislation will be (like anyone wonders).  My guess is the groups that scream most loudly and fervently about racial equality will be the ones opposing this bill equally loudly.  You see, they are not interested in racial equality, they want racial inequality themselves, only with their particular race on top.  How will affirmative action work if nobody can list minority status on applications, duh?  

This will be yet another situation where the Left’s H.Y.P.O.C.R.A.C.Y. flashes bright like a Vegas billboard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Next that Ward Connerly fellow's gonna be saying that we should [b]not[/b] be judged on the color of our skin, but on the content of our character!

Where will this all end?

Eric The(Colorful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a good idea to me, but I agree that there will probably be a lot of opposition from the very groups it seeks to "promote."  I do wholeheartedly agree that the only way to come anywhere close to racial equality is to take race out of the equation.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

[b]How else are we going to be able to judge a person if not by their skin color or ethnic background??[/b]

View Quote

By their deeds ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Geewiz! As soon as a white male becomes a minority in California , giving them all of those "rights" granted to to a minority, they want to change the rules. Sounds a little fishy to me. I'm really gllad I live in the GREAT FREE STATE OF ARIZONA where I can walk down the street with a full auto and no one cares!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Where will this all end?

Eric The(Colorful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

At the BRC.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Whoa, [b]subsailor[/b], is the balloon gonna go up at the BRC?[:D]

I [u]know[/u] you have connections.....

Eric The(ShouldI'MaxOut'MyCreditCardsBeforeThen?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Ward is not too popular with the Social Engineeers out in Calif. IE an educated black man who says "Fuck You" to the liberals...

[url]http://www.frontpagemag.com/archives/racerelations/rollins03-21-00.htm[/url]

[img]http://www.utc.edu/~jclark/Connerly.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#16]
with our wonderful local public schools and on the yellow gun forms at the gun shop, I ALWAYS put down "Native American". When quizzed on this by a school secretary, I answered, "We've been here for 368 years- I think we're a bit settled in by now, don't you?"[thinking]

What race am I? American- 'nuff said. Group hug- let's all sing "Kumbaya" now..... [:D][@:D][beer]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, I'll be damned.  I've seen him on the news and liked what he's said in the past.  Now I really like the guy.  It's about time America and the world admits that we are all just simple animals called humans.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#18]
How will anyone be able to describe another person...skin color is the obvious identifier..national origin facial features another..
Hey I got it how about a national ID chip
But what info will be stored..skin color racial ID ...all you can do is come up with new words and discriptions that ID  people and sort them out into groups making it easy to sort them as individuals..
Now if you are talking affirmative action..quotos..preferences..that is different but race as an identifier will never be erased on this planet until we have one race and one world govt....
Or until Jesus returns..whichever you prefer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What the hell was he thinking???

What - is he trying to impose a "color-blind" society on us?

View Quote

If this flys, you will still be able to tell by the names that certain groups have given their children.

Then maybe, in the interest of true fairness, we'll all get ID numbers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#20]
the "Chris Rock" show (which lasted about a week) last yer discusing this same topic, and Mr. Rock (must be a refrence to his I.Q.) didn't care much for the end of  "racial preferences".
Man they have C.O.P.S. practically cornered, and that's not enough????

I'm all for the end for this crap. And the fact tht a black man wants to end it is great.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It is about f@ckin' time somebody in the govt. realized this. Equal opportunity was the biggest mistake in the fight for equality we have made in quite sometime. If you want equal "opportunity", then racial annonimity is the only way it can be achieved, that way it plays no part whatsoever in the process.
View Quote

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you mean "affirmative action"?  

equal opportunity is the way it [i]should[/i] be.  no one advanced or denied because of anything other than character, deeds, and/or qualifications.

i agree with your sentiment that racial anonymity is the only way to keep things as equal as possible.  but the opportunity still has to be there for everybody or it isn't equal.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
with our wonderful local public schools and on the yellow gun forms at the gun shop, I ALWAYS put down "Native American". When quizzed on this by a school secretary, I answered, "We've been here for 368 years- I think we're a bit settled in by now, don't you?"[thinking]

What race am I? American- 'nuff said. Group hug- let's all sing "Kumbaya" now..... [:D][@:D][beer]
View Quote

hmmmmm.......
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you mean "affirmative action"?  

equal opportunity is the way it [i]should[/i] be.  no one advanced or denied because of anything other than character, deeds, and/or qualifications.

i agree with your sentiment that racial anonymity is the only way to keep things as equal as possible.  but the opportunity still has to be there for everybody or it isn't equal.
View Quote

You got me, I was still in the process of waking up at that point, thanks for the catch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's something funny. Apparently in TX they only recognize 2 races: Black or White. When I filled out my CHL forms on one form I filled out White. On my fingerprint cards I filled out Black. Just to fuck with em. My form will probably get returned. What fucking joke. On my U4 finger printing cards(for my Series 7 lics) I normally write in HUMAN. The FBI doesn't seem to have a problem with it as I have not gotten any of them returned.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sick of the man trying to hold me down because I'm white! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#27]
i bet you'll still have to check the box when you buy a firearm there...you can still buy guns in the caliban can't you?  hell, on the new forms i accidentally  put american indian..i saw the american and just checked it without fully reading.  oh well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Those boxes always confused me anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top