Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/23/2002 6:26:11 AM EDT
First Monday last night (a show about the Supreme Court) had a show about ending the gun ban, they voted 5 to 4 in favor of ending the ban. The 2nd Amend was argued before the court, and was upheld as an individual right. I thought I was tripping until the very end when two who held to the right, talked about a ban on "assualt weapons".
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:31:38 AM EDT
Here's a play-by-play posted while the show was on last night: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=111115[/url]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:41:16 AM EDT
Thanks, Jarhead! I wish I had thought to get in on that last night. As a side note, my father was a Jarhead as well, A Frozen Chosin, who later (in '62) died in uniform. He also fought in the South Pacific in WWII
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:52:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/23/2002 6:58:54 AM EDT by Jarhead_22]
Men like your father made possible all the good things we enjoy in this country today, and we owe them a debt that can never be repaid. Also, his incomprehensible sacrifices built the reputation I enjoyed as a Marine: another debt that can never be repaid. One thing I really appreciate about the Marine Corps is that at least we are [b]conscious[/b] of that debt, and try hard not to let down those who came before us. Semper Fidelis. ***Edited to add: Of course, I don't mean to say that Marines are the only ones who are grateful for the sacrifices of those who have gone before them. But that knowledge and reverence is a major supporting pillar of the ethos of the Marine Corps.***
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:56:52 PM EDT
Thanks, he lives in me and my son.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:37:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: Men like your father made possible all the good things we enjoy in this country today, and we owe them a debt that can never be repaid. Also, his incomprehensible sacrifices built the reputation I enjoyed as a Marine: another debt that can never be repaid. One thing I really appreciate about the Marine Corps is that at least we are [b]conscious[/b] of that debt, and try hard not to let down those who came before us. Semper Fidelis. ***Edited to add: Of course, I don't mean to say that Marines are the only ones who are grateful for the sacrifices of those who have gone before them. But that knowledge and reverence is a major supporting pillar of the ethos of the Marine Corps.***
View Quote
Not much anyone can add to that! [b]OORAHH[/b] with a motivated [b]YUT![/b] I just might have to go kick a recruiter to sign me up again.
Top Top