Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 6:26:11 AM EDT
First Monday last night (a show about the Supreme Court) had a show about ending the gun ban, they voted 5 to 4 in favor of ending the ban. The 2nd Amend was argued before the court, and was upheld as an individual right. I thought I was tripping until the very end when two who held to the right, talked about a ban on "assualt weapons".
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a play-by-play posted while the show was on last night:
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=111115[/url]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Jarhead! I wish I had thought to get in on that last night.

As a side note, my father was a Jarhead as well, A Frozen Chosin, who later (in '62) died in uniform. He also fought in the South Pacific in WWII
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Men like your father made possible all the good things we enjoy in this country today, and we owe them a debt that can never be repaid.

Also, his incomprehensible sacrifices built the reputation I enjoyed as a Marine: another debt that can never be repaid. One thing I really appreciate about the Marine Corps is that at least we are [b]conscious[/b] of that debt, and try hard not to let down those who came before us. Semper Fidelis.

***Edited to add: Of course, I don't mean to say that Marines are the only ones who are grateful for the sacrifices of those who have gone before them. But that knowledge and reverence is a major supporting pillar of the ethos of the Marine Corps.***
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, he lives in me and my son.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Men like your father made possible all the good things we enjoy in this country today, and we owe them a debt that can never be repaid.

Also, his incomprehensible sacrifices built the reputation I enjoyed as a Marine: another debt that can never be repaid. One thing I really appreciate about the Marine Corps is that at least we are [b]conscious[/b] of that debt, and try hard not to let down those who came before us. Semper Fidelis.

***Edited to add: Of course, I don't mean to say that Marines are the only ones who are grateful for the sacrifices of those who have gone before them. But that knowledge and reverence is a major supporting pillar of the ethos of the Marine Corps.***
View Quote

Not much anyone can add to that!  
[b]OORAHH[/b] with a motivated [b]YUT![/b]  I just might have to go kick a recruiter to sign me up again.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top