Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 10:29:07 AM EDT
i cant belive this hasnt been mentioned yet.

Earthquake Rattles Northeast
4/20/02
NEW YORK (AP) - An earthquake felt from Maine to Pennsylvania rattled the Northeast Saturday morning with a preliminary magnitude measured at 5.1, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The earthquake hit just before 7 a.m. and was centered about 15 miles southwest of Plattsburgh, in northern New York near the Vermont and Canadian borders.

The USGS National Earthquake Information Center reported the earthquake occurred at a depth of about 5 kilometers.
View Quote

yeah, its true. i was at work in plattsburgh when it hit. it was like something really big and moveing really fast hit the building, only for about half a minute.
strangely there was no major damage in my area. but in ausable forks near the eppicenter route 9N is closed for a collapse,(i was driveing that road yesterday) and there are a few other roads that are damaged. maby some small structural damage to a few houses too.

i am just glad it wasnt a little higher on the ricter scale, things might have gotten interesting with these older homes.

biggest shake-up in 30 years.

coincidentally, we did have a small tremmor about 3 months ago, but it was early in the morning and barely preceptable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if this is related to the terrorist threat against NE financial institutions???

Have the terrorists developed an earthquake bomb? [shock]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top