Quoted:
Quoted:
I know it sounds fu@&ed up to civilians but [b]EXACTLY[/b]
View Quote

Don't like it? Too F***ing bad. Stop treating
us like criminals, and we'll stop treating you
like scum.
View Quote

I think that's a great idea, please do it and tell me how it works out.
And who said I'd treat you like a criminal?
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll definately agree that the title of the topic was rather dumb, and definately not the best way to endear yourself to the guys you're trying to get info from.
View Quote

Dumb? Unlike a lot of you, I'm willing to call
a spade a spade.

I may not be a cop, or any of all that JBT
crap, but even I can tell when a tactic is
so stumblef*ck stupid it should be discontinued
ASAP.

Standing next to the driver's side in heavy
traffic is so stupid anyone who does it
should be fired from the force ASAP for
terminal stupidity.

All the driver has to do to eliminate you
in such a situation is to slam open his car
door HARD, and you will go flying into the
next lane, and the last thing you will see
is the tire of a car coming towards your
head at 60+ MPH and then....your head
splatters open like an overripe watermelon
when Mr. Tire meets your noggin.

And don't pooh me over the so-called "safety
issue"

You people have MP-5s, M-16s, high capacity
pistol magazines, body armor, helicopters, and
20 cops who will converge onto your position the
moment you cough over the radio.

It's irritating enough that your life is worth
more than my life, in that if someone kills you,
it's an automatic capital penalty case, usually,
while if someone kills me, it's usually 25 years.

You don't like the way the general public
likes you? Too bad. Stop treating everyone
you meet like criminals, and the public
will be a LOT nicer to you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't like the way the general public likes you? Too bad. Stop treating everyone you meet like criminals, and the public will be a LOT nicer to you.
View Quote

Unlike a lot of you, I'm willing to call
a spade a spade.
View Quote

10-4 pal, I read you loud and clear
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quit trolling, Ahab.  I was trying to say that your approach to the topic wasn't the best, but you are obviously not culpable for any of your actions, so just keep on keepin on, kiddo.  Maybe one day you'll realize the world doesn't revolve around you.

Edited to add; if there's any confusion, this was directed at young mr. sheppard, waverunner just beat me to it[;)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll definately agree that the title of the topic was rather dumb, and definately not the best way to endear yourself to the guys you're trying to get info from.
View Quote

Dumb? Unlike a lot of you, I'm willing to call
a spade a spade.
View Quote
you know I have several WWII flight simulators, that doesn't make me a pilot.

I may not be a cop, or any of all that JBT
crap, but even I can tell when a tactic is
so stumblef*ck stupid it should be discontinued
ASAP.

Standing next to the driver's side in heavy
traffic is so stupid anyone who does it
should be fired from the force ASAP for
terminal stupidity.

View Quote

2 things 1 school of thought is when conducting a traffic stop stay behind the rearmost portion of the door. This is difficult with 4 door vehicles esp. with passengers in back. The other school of thought is lean against the door, unlikely that an average sized person will be able to open a door with an average size person stuck to it. Also your scenario is less likely than the driver not stopping, or stopping then pulling away once the officer is out of his car.  

And don't pooh me over the so-called "safety
issue"

You people have MP-5s, M-16s, high capacity
pistol magazines, body armor, helicopters, and
20 cops who will converge onto your position the
moment you cough over the radio.
View Quote

If someone has a gun to your head and 1,000 of your friends are surrounding him, and they can't fire until he does, do you care that after he kills you they will kill him???

FYI I don't have an MP-5, M-16, and I'm not allowed to carry my AR. No helicopters, there are 9 or 11 officers on duty depending on the time. I have a patrol area of 144 sq miles. Think about it.

It's irritating enough that your life is worth
more than my life, in that if someone kills you,
it's an automatic capital penalty case, usually,
while if someone kills me, it's usually 25 years.
View Quote

Hmm interesting, since I live in State without a death penalty. Also did you consider if someone hits you for no reason it's assualt. If someone hits a LEO, it's often called "part of your job"?

You don't like the way the general public
likes you? Too bad. Stop treating everyone
you meet like criminals, and the public
will be a LOT nicer to you.
View Quote

Look back at your post, ask yourself would you like to be talked to the way you talked to others?? If the answer is no.........

At the heart of police work is human contact, be that the interview of the victim of a serious crime or the driver of a vehicle with a headlight out. Part of it is common courtesy and part of it is gathering evidence. How well do you think an officer could determine if a person has been drinking if the closest the get to them is 8' away on the opposite side of a car? Plus would you really like to have a "conversation" with an officer that is standing somewhere over in the next zip code?
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I might also ask how the cop is supposed to get over to the passenger side of the other vehicle.

Are you saying walk between the cop car and the other car, in front of all the cop car lights? Hmmmmmmm, sounds like a quick reverse would be problematic.

Or should the officer walk back behind his car around to the passneger side then approach the stopped car? Let's see if the officer walks to the back of his car that means either he has his back toward the stopped vehicle, or he is looking over his shoulder at the suspect vehicle, and not watching where he is going. That "long way" approach also give the occupants of the stopped vehicle a lot of time to start planning for a surprise when the officer finishes the "big hike" and finally gets up to their car.

Here's what I propose.

1) Officer stop's vehicle.
2) Officer issues commands over the PA telling the driver to hold up their license facing the officer.
3) Officer reads DL with binoculars.
4) Officer completes citation, warning, note, or prepares written questions for the dirver.
5) The officer attaches the papaerwork to a specially trained carrier pigeon who flies the apropriate paperwork to the driver.

Backup plan may include an extentable pole intead of the carrier pigeon.

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
MKSheppard:

You are an idiot.

I drive real fast and have gotten a ticket for just about everything in the book. I have been stopped by police in at least 5 states. None of these stops have been promblematic. I always keep a good attitude and let the police do their job. Guess what? The police usually respond with a good attitude and do what they need to.

I can honestly say every time I've been stopped I deserved it. I think you reap what you sow and if you give the police shit they are going to throw it right back at you.

Judging by the content of your post I'd say you get shit thrown at you all the time. I agree you need to grow up and realize there are things in this world more important than you.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top