BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 7:30:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
i completely understand...and empathize.  i just lost my grandpa about 2 months ago.  like your grandma, there was little they could do.  kidney failure and not a candidate for a transplant (too old plus bad heart).  well, kidney failure has lots of complications and bunch hit him all at once.  we let him go.

if you need to chat or something, please email me.  he and i were very close.

heck, just check your IMs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm so sorry to hear of this.[V] I wish her the best of luck.

My last remaining grandparent (she's closing in her last days) will be visting me tomorrow, and I'll make damn well sure she knows I love her.

Toaster the sad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I am sorry to hear that.  my condolences.  I lost my grandma shortly before Christmas.  it's always bad but we have lost 4 in the last few years all between thanksgiving and Christmas.  at least you have the time to say goodbye.  I was working a job and I DID NOT take off to see her.  everyone else was there.  

don't be to hard on your dad.  some people (even parents) do not have the maturity that you seem to.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear about your grammy,and you are right to remind others to spend this time with those you love.  My mother who is 77 just had a malignant lump removed from her breast,and is on chemo and doing much better now.  

But I can see her losing it a little more all the time,and now is when see needs all her family to rally to her support doing the little things she can no longer do.

Grammies are so very special, may god bless yours.

bob cole
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Bluewolf,

My father died, instantly, some 20 yrs ago and I was 4,000 miles away. Under such circumstances, there are always things you miss never having said, and never will say.

As you point out, we all have to die; but at least you will have all the time to say to your grandma what I was never to say to my father. Make that time work for you both. St-Cyr
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top