Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2002 1:00:22 PM EDT
I ran across it on www.subguns.com. It is in the logo for Tom Bowers stuff. It's a cool logo, but I couldn't find anywhere what the latin words actually meant.

Anybody know?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Come and get them, or something like that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
When referring to your guns, it means, "Come and Get Them!"
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
In 480 BC, Xerxes (son of Darius, King of Persia) was in full preparation to invade Athens, the leader of the Greek city-states.

King Leonidas of Sparta (Left), another city-state, had agreed to help stop the invading Persians, and marched with 300 hand-picked troops to Thermopylae on the north coast of Greece. Thermopylae was the best of three possible defensive areas in which Xerxes' invading army had to advance. This mountain gap along the coast was about 60 feet wide, and was the best location for a blocking action.

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

"Our archers are so numerous," said the envoy, "that the flight of their arrows darkens the sun."
"So much the better," replied Leonidas, "for we shall fight them in the shade."

After three days of fighting and having killed countless numbers of Xerxes' elite troops, they were finally overrun after being betrayed by a traitor who showed the enemy another pass behind the defender. King Leonidas and his Spartans were then killed to the last man. However, King Leonidas and his troops gave the rest of Greece more time to mobilize and increased their morale. Xerxes' eventually withdrew.
Today there is a plaque dedicated to those heroes at the site. It reads: “Go tell the Spartans, travelers passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.” The point of this true story is when anybody demands you to give up your guns, tell them "MOLON LABE". You may fall in the first fight, but many more will step into your place.

Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
COME AND TAKE IT!
Edited to add a pic:[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/toaster%2Fgun%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Larry Correia, on [url]www.thefiringline.com[/url] forums, regularly makes up shirts and hats with Molon Labe on them. I have one of the hats, and have reiterated the story on many occasions.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In 480 BC, Xerxes (son of Darius, King of Persia) was in full preparation to invade Athens, the leader of the Greek city-states.

King Leonidas of Sparta (Left), another city-state, had agreed to help stop the invading Persians, and marched with 300 hand-picked troops to Thermopylae on the north coast of Greece. Thermopylae was the best of three possible defensive areas in which Xerxes' invading army had to advance. This mountain gap along the coast was about 60 feet wide, and was the best location for a blocking action.

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

"Our archers are so numerous," said the envoy, "that the flight of their arrows darkens the sun."
"So much the better," replied Leonidas, "for we shall fight them in the shade."

After three days of fighting and having killed countless numbers of Xerxes' elite troops, they were finally overrun after being betrayed by a traitor who showed the enemy another pass behind the defender. King Leonidas and his Spartans were then killed to the last man. However, King Leonidas and his troops gave the rest of Greece more time to mobilize and increased their morale. Xerxes' eventually withdrew.
Today there is a plaque dedicated to those heroes at the site. It reads: “Go tell the Spartans, travelers passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.” The point of this true story is when anybody demands you to give up your guns, tell them "MOLON LABE". You may fall in the first fight, but many more will step into your place.

View Quote

Dear God, now I want it as a tattoo!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]
OK.... WOW.

I thought it was a cool logo before, but now.... DAMN!

I think I'll have to order those stickers he's selling.

Thanks for the info !

Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Toaster, gotta love ya, man.  Very cool pic.  [:)]
View Quote

Bishop took that photo...  it's his gun and a real hand...  it's been circulating on the boards for about 3 years now...  
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Its a great Lube for Melons!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, it aint my pic.. I scrounged it from a thread months ago. Its a cool pic and just fitted the topic.

And how cool is this!! Thebeekeeper1, (My favorite poster!) mentions my screen name!!

-T.

Heehee!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Here ya go:
[img]http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzAvMS8xMDg3LzE1NS8zMi9UYndFOXo1MDZ2a3I4S1hQOXFGN2hn/5b92dc23cb49be1a7e14c08ababfee08[/img]

It's my one and only bushy and it's a pre-ban[:)].

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here ya go:
[img]http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzAvMS8xMDg3LzE1NS8zMi9UYndFOXo1MDZ2a3I4S1hQOXFGN2hn/5b92dc23cb49be1a7e14c08ababfee08[/img]

It's my one and only bushy and it's a pre-ban[:)].

Sgtar15
View Quote

Holy SHIT!  That's bad ass, and I don't even have a tattoo.  Is there someplace I could get the art for that so I could get it?  Or how does that work?

TIA

QS
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]
QuietShootr,

I just took a copy of Shotgun News with me to the Tattoo shop.  Model 1 sales had a great outline picture of the AR15 that was used as a template and the guy drew the letters himself.  All of the artwork is put onto a stencil and then transfered temperarily onto your body, the stencil is then used as a guide for the inking.

Doesn't really hurt.  I love mine[:D]!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top