Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 1:51:51 PM EDT
So I'm selling a gun and offered to split the optic and mount as a separate package. I'm asking $500 for a Aimpoint Comp ML2 and a LT-150 mount. I figure from SKD the optic goes for $445 and the mount for $115 so $500 is a pretty good price considering both are basically brand new with very little use on them.

I get this message from a buyer on another forum, more or less, asking me to beat this eBay auction price.

I'm somewhat interested, but price is an issue...for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aimpoint-Comp-ML-2-New-Rue-LT150-QD-Mount-/280562373110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4152d211f6

Whats the bottom price on the whole thing?

END MESSAGE

Does the person who sent me the message really expect me to let a $600 optic/mount combo go for less than $200 since the auction is $200 for a new optic/mount from a seller with 0 feedback, no pictures, and an ad that screams SCAM?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Reply:

Bottom price is $500.
ETA: But for you, $859.99

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just tell them no. It's not like you have to sell it to them.

At least your combo comes with a LaRue mount. My friend tried selling me his beat up CompM2 with a no-name mount for like $430. I told him no thanks, I'd go buy a brand-new T1 with a LT mount for like $150 more.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Also I agree that the auction screams scam.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just tell them no. It's not like you have to sell it to them.

At least your combo comes with a LaRue mount. My friend tried selling me his beat up CompM2 with a no-name mount for like $430. I told him no thanks, I'd go buy a brand-new T1 with a LT mount for like $150 more.

That's pretty much what I told them. I guess it just amazes that people think they are going to get a brand new Aimpoint optic w/ LT mount for $200 when you can hardly buy the mount for that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If that ebay optic is such a good deal ask him why doesn't he just buy that one?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Hate to burst your bubble but the lt 150 mount is 115 from larue and the aimpoint m2 from skd is 375 if you buy only one 350 if you buy 3 or more. so you can buy the whole thing and have night vision capability for 490 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hate to burst your bubble but the lt 150 mount is 115 from larue and the aimpoint m2 from skd is 375 if you buy only one 350 if you buy 3 or more. so you can buy the whole thing and have night vision capability for 490 plus shipping.

Wanna link to it for $375?

I'm on the SKD site and I'm seeing a ML2 for $445.

I see a M2 for $495 but I have no idea where you are seeing $375.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
$60 off retail for used?

you are out of line bro
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ETA: I was looking at ML2...

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna link to it for $375?

I'm on the SKD site and I'm seeing a ML2 for $445.

No Problem skd group buy for m2
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Betcha your buyer is the one who made that ebay ad...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
$60 off retail for used?

you are out of line bro

I'd rather set my initial price high vs. setting it low and then still have someone want you to come down $100 on the combo.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That was my initial thought.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#14]
On the rare occasion I sell something, I price to sell, don't negotiate down and state as much in my ad. Never had a problem with my stuff moving, either.

I guess some guys like to haggle. Me? I have neither the time nor the inclination. IMs with counter offers get deleted, unless it's a trade that catches my eye.

Price it to move and then stick to your guns. The odds of guys like me with cash in their pockets looking at your ad, blading and moving on is far more likely than you landing a flopper...especially on a site like Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On the rare occasion I sell something, I price to sell, don't negotiate down and state as much in my ad. Never had a problem with my stuff moving, either.

I guess some guys like to haggle. Me? I have neither the time nor the inclination. IMs with counter offers get deleted, unless it's a trade that catches my eye.

Price it to move and then stick to your guns. The odds of guys like me with cash in their pockets looking at your ad, blading and moving on is far more likely than you landing a flopper...especially on a site like Arfcom.
This is also how I do it...I've learned the hard way not to sell guns though, I ALWAYS want what I sold back eventually.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Your price is 10% off retail for new.  I personally wouldn't call that pretty good but thats just me.  But I doubt the auction the person sent you is the market price either.  Being the nice guy that I am, I'd suggest to them that the auction is likely a scam from their zero feedback and below market price and leave it at that.  I'd probably also change my asking price to something more like $420 and sell my item in a hurry.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't bother replying to low ball offers . I received a similar message last week claiming they purchased the same thing for half my asking price on Gunbroker. Funny part is i sold the gun about 10 minutes later for the price i was asking.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't bother replying to low ball offers . I received a similar message last week claiming they purchased the same thing for half my asking price on Gunbroker. Funny part is i sold the gun about 10 minutes later for the price i was asking.  

I missed out on your XD.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Your price is 10% off retail for new.  I personally wouldn't call that pretty good but thats just me.  But I doubt the auction the person sent you is the market price either.  Being the nice guy that I am, I'd suggest to them that the auction is likely a scam from their zero feedback and below market price and leave it at that.  I'd probably also change my asking price to something more like $420 and sell my item in a hurry.

I'm only about 1% inclined to sell my rifle (which is the only reason I'd sell my optic/mount on it) so I'm not in a hurry to sell it. If it took until Spring I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I missed out on your XD.

Yea that thing was popular!

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

No Problem skd group buy for m2

Wow. I had missed this one; until now.... bye bye dollars... helloooooo M2!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If that ebay optic is such a good deal ask him why doesn't he just buy that one?

Because he just put that auction up
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my initial thought.

Mine too
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Whenever I sell something, I always put what I want for it.  I dont try to play the "well they are going to try to talk me down, so, I'll put it high.." game.  

Its not like well, I'll sell my G19, I want 450 for it, so I'll price it at 550.  With that logic, ask 1000 bux for it, and someone might give you 800?  

I put what I want to get for it, and when people ask what the bottom dollar is, I tell them.

Over time, what I want to get for it might change, so I'll entertain offers.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm only about 1% inclined to sell my rifle (which is the only reason I'd sell my optic/mount on it) so I'm not in a hurry to sell it. If it took until Spring I wouldn't be the slightest bit disappointed.

Then why are we having this discussion?

Tell the guy no, and be done with it.  

If you still have it in the spring I'll give you $300.  There, now you know what the floor is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#26]
You don't have to sell it to them. Tell him to go ahead and get that on off ebay.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#27]
advertising outside the ee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top