Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2010 1:09:00 PM EDT
Do you think a "Take A Flaming Libtard Shooting Day" would convert some of the "guns are icky" crowd? In high school (about a decade ago) I got a girl I was dating, who had some hardcore lib tendencies, to come around by a surprise range trip. After actually trying shooting in a safe environment she changed her viewpoint about guns. Maybe the NRA should sponsor something like this....

(And before you start, I'm a donating NRA member )
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:18:08 PM EDT
good luck trying to get some to do it

but it might work
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:18:30 PM EDT
Personally, I dont get all giddy when someone comes in with a story about "my g/f was a flaming libtard but I took her shooting and now she has posters of guns and Ronald Reagan in her room and is a big time Conservative."

Why? Because anyone that fickle, who can have their entire idealogy do a complete 180 will do that for any one and any thing.

I just dont see the point in trying to change someone elses mind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:22:41 PM EDT
I tired to get a bunch of liberals to go to the range with me, but none of them would ever do it, so I had to use target stands.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2010 1:26:16 PM EDT by phurba]
Originally Posted By sigp226:
I tired to get a bunch of liberals to go to the range with me, but none of them would ever do it, so I had to use target stands.

I tried the same thing when I ran out of thumb tacks but they'd only hold the target for 1 shot, maybe two.

ETA: Also, ex_dmsr nailed it.

I'm also not sure that I like the idea of a pro-gun libtard more than an anti-gun libtard... would we really be better off if they were armed?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:48:23 PM EDT
Well, foir starters I wouldn't call it "Take a flaming Libtard Shooting Day"

I also wouldn't do it as a "surprise".

"Surprise, honey!! Now you have to go and shoot some of those icky guns you hate so much. I know you're unprepared and scared of them, but nothing better to get over your childish, unfounded fears than making you go shoot a gun on the spur of the moment!!"
Top Top