Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 9:35:22 AM EDT

Last weekend I had to dig through my gun room to find a few spare parts I need for a repair.  After looking in all the usual places for the ammo can of small parts I needed, I opened a closet in the gun room where I have a few dozen more ammo cans and empty gun cases.  As I start checking through the cans in the closet I realize two of the cases near the back aren't empty.  Since I keep most of my long guns in the safe I'm a little surprised to find two cases with guns in them.  Open them up and find two MAK-90s I forgot I even had.

So am I the only one, or is your gun room a disorganized disaster?  Have you ever 'found' guns, ammo, or parts you forgot you even had?

(BTW - I did find the parts)
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Very organized.

I even have a label maker and religiously label ammo cans, containers of all kinds, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine must be very organized as I never find ammo or guns that I forgot I have.

Maybe part of the problem is I don't truly know how much ammo or how many firearms I have there fore forgetting wouldn't make sense.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very organized.

I even have a label maker and religiously label ammo cans, containers of all kinds, etc.

Seek help!  

It's pretty funny actually.  It's labeled religiously.

"5.56x45mm

M855

For use in AR15"

So the wife knows what to grab

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean how well is my gun house organized. I know roughly what part of each room an item I need is in. Roughly.

It doesn't help when the Boss moves things around, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Not very well, we just moved and my space still needs to be organized. Sounds like a good winter project.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine oscillates from super-organized to a journey into Darkest Africa.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Very organized. I have a large pantry-style cabinet that has a shelf for everything. Magazines on one shelf, spare parts on another, cleaning supplies on another, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very organized.

I tried that.  It worked for a while.

Until I lost my label maker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very organized.

I tried that.  It worked for a while.

Until I lost my label maker.

I'd be at Target buying a new one in 2 seconds flat.  I'm hopelessly addicted to the labelmaker.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Mess. Safes are worse.

btw, is it normal to shout out expletives while dealing with safe organization?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a mix. I label all ammo cans with caliber, type round and quantity. I inventory it a couple of times a year and update my spreadsheet. My War Room is a mess though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#14]
I have more of a literal embodiment of an "arms Dump".

I wish I could get organized.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mess. Safes are worse.

btw, is it normal to shout out expletives while dealing with safe organization?

Yes, usually when the 20" HBAR falls on your foot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a small enough number of long guns that if they go missing, it's not because I forgot about them.

If I did have a gun room, you'd probably need spelunking gear or heavy equipment to find the back of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Complete mess.    intentionally.      I know where everything is,  IF someone gets in there that doesnt belong in there, good luck finding anything fucker!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I was poking around my garage, which is my gun room, and I came accross 500 rounds of lake city 55 grain ammo that I didn't know I had. No that I am complaining but it was suprising that I had forgotten it.

So I guess no, I am not organized.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have a small enough number of long guns that if they go missing, it's not because I forgot about them.

If I did have a gun room, you'd probably need spelunking gear or heavy equipment to find the back of it.

I find a snowmobile to be invaluable for getting over large drifts of brass.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Its a priority, and I'm working on it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#22]
my house in general is messy.  no women folk to clean it/pussy whip me :(...i should organize it a bit better.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was poking around my garage, which is my gun room, and I came accross 500 rounds of lake city 55 grain ammo that I didn't know I had. No that I am complaining but it was suprising that I had forgotten it.

So I guess no, I am not organized.

It happens. Upon moving I found a case of S&B .303 Brit that I thought that I had used up at a MG shoot 4 years ago.   for the blackout

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#24]
It's roughly organized; this pile is for pistols, this one for rifles.  

Still, sometimes stuff gets away from me even though I know it's there somewhere.  I suspect some things are simply air-soluble.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Mine is a disorganized disaster area. But that is my M.O.  I looked at it last weekend and said to self "self you better get this squared away" and then promptly laid on the couch and took  a nap.

I really need professional help..... you should see my desk as I write this.  I think I'll burn everything and start over.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have more of a literal embodiment of an "arms Dump".

I wish I could get organized.

I have that same problem.

I have a few ammo cans that are labeled and a shelf with boxed ammo.  Other than that I am pretty disorganized, but I do try to but parts in ziplock bags and label them with a sharpie so I know at least what gun it goes to.  

I have a pile of C&R weapons in the closet, rifles in the corner and pistols on a shelf.  I do at least make sure that my HD AR15 is easy to get to and always in the same place.  Now if I needed my Finnish M39, that may take a few minutes to dig up

Earlier this week I lost my Hakim gas adjustment tool.  I looked for at least an hour until I remembered that I was planning on shooting it last weekend and I put it in the 7.62x51 ammo box.  I was so sure I left it on the shelf or put it in the stand-up tool chest that I use to store parts and cleaning supplies....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#27]
My gun room consists of a stacked pile of .223 and my AR15. I'd consider that pretty organized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top