Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always found GB to be a 60-75% ammo.  I.e., only that percentage of rounds fired work consistently.  They're more of a headache to shoot, 'cause I'm clearing out one or two duds or such per 27 round BDM mag for my AR conversion, and it's a PITA.  Get more OOBs with the conversion than with anything else, though.

Then again, unless it's a manually-operated firearm (my Single Six, or CZ 452), they all seem to prefer hotter-loaded copper-wash projectile .22 ammo that DOESN'T spin in its casing.  Novel concept, to be sure.

Though I have to admit that I'm not too aware of OOBs occuring with Ruger semi-auto .22, normally just conversions.

ETA: Winchester 555 packs, Fed 333 packs, certain color boxes of Fed 500 packs, and the Winchester Dynapoint GT are all decent quality ammo, IMO.  Haven't tried the CCI bulk box we got in at work the other day, nor have I tried match grade stuff.  Most CCI loads are fantastic, though––especially their specialized loads like Mini-mags or CB ammo.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

OOBs and .22s conversions go together like peas and carrots

I've put roughly 11 boxes of Federal 550 through my Spike's kit and haven't had one yet.

Anytime i run remington ammo the problems arise.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top