Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I can haz page 2 of my own thread?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

From second hand smoke? no, not unless you were hot boxing a closet gas mask.

Of course false positives can happen.

There's different things for each recreational drug that can cause false positives, but if their excuse is that it's second hand smoke, they're lying to your face.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
from the many random drug test i being part of the most entertaining was when we had 2 senior Lcpl and Cpl pop in piss test once,  then on THAT same weekend we get rumors from a "suspicious party" ,that following monday we took another piss test and like 5 newjoins (with not even 2 months in the fleet) and the same Cpl and 2 Lcpl  pop in the piss test, after that we had piss test for 3 weeks straight....
from what i was told they will know how much you got in your system and that its a giveaway how long ago you smoked it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a fucking liar, just like all the other fuck nut poolees who don't have enough self control to not smoke weed.  Fuck um, I am guessing you are not having a hard time getting your numbers in this economy?  Sucks that you had to waste your time on Tommy Chong though

I run an office full of idiots in one of the worst cities in WA.  Mission is a 10 and on the 15th.  The last 2 people I tried sending up failed the test.

I could clean them up but my tour is over soon and I'm not risking my career on some stupid kids.

In red is something that every recruiter should use as their mantra.  I know of at least two dudes who got the chop for doing fucked up shit when they lost sight of that.  One of them ended up doing time reduced to Private the whole smash.  That was due to poolee pussy though
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
poppy seeds will give a false positive? Maybe if you eat 20lbs of seeds.........lol
A single everything bagel the morning before a test shows as a hit if you're dealing with a GC/MS test. My employer even looks at the amount in your system vs your prescription and the expected resulting level.  You're taking 5 oxys a day when your prescription is no more than 4? Busted.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
poppy seeds will give a false positive? Maybe if you eat 20lbs of seeds.........lol

Really?
1990, 1994, 1997, 1999....your source is 11 year old information..the test have improved abit since then...and the last quote is were they raised the cutoff level to eliminate many of the false positives.......again the sources for this are from the 80s and 90s....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The civilian tests normally have a sensitivity level that would "weed out" (pun intended) those who breathed 2nd hand smoke or even had smoked it but not recently.  I do no know the cut off for military.

Truth is, the key chemical is stored in fat and disipates over time.  Fatter folks take longer to clean up after the last enounter with weed.  I have seen results from folks that have not smoked for 2 to 3 weeks that still fail the test.  These were tests conducted where weed was leagle to verify just this fact.

About the only other way is for there to be a lab mix up.  Theorectically not possible but it has happened.  A re-test will clear a guy if it does.

For what it is worth, I have seen some pretty convincing liars. Their own mothers would believe them.  But when the levels go up and not down, you are assured they are smoking.

You should care if the guy that has your back is a doper.  You do not want a doper watching your back when it really counts.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
for weed.... no. most urine tests are not that sensitive to pickup short term second hand usage. Many times they won't pick up irregular users. tests have gotten better over the years but not good enough for that. unless your locked in snoop dogs bedroom for a few hours you'd be hard pressed to get them.

Yes, the test is that sensitive.  But the cut-off is low enough to indicate that either it was 2nd hand smoke or it has been ample time since the person last smoked that it has all but cleared the system.  Depending on the person, that time varies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
First let me say I am probably the cleanest person I know, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do any type of drug.  The only possible exception caffene from iced tea.  I don't even drink coffee, and maybe once a week I will have a diet soda.

That said, on 2 occasions I have had to re-take piss tests because of false results.  The first time was because I drink too much water [actually less than the 8 glasses they recommend, but whatever.] and the second was because I was taking alieve for a sore back, and eating beefsticks [as in like the whole package, while driving]  I never got the place to accuse me of anything - and I was ready to have a hair sample tested and sue them for the false result if they had - they just called me in and re-tested me.  

The moral of the story, drug testing seems to be a very inexact science and while it looks like a good idea on paper, in practice, it is entirely too easy for a false positive to completely fuck up someones day.  From what I have read, hair testing is much more accurate [but more expensive.]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]

I came up hot for methamphetamine on a drug test once, was not using drugs...net even cold medicine.

Retested and was clean. I have no confidence in the accuracy of drug tests.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
If they are fat THC shows up even after 4 weeks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top