Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:21:09 AM EDT
I have a complete USGI stock with cleaning kit and handgaurd listed on Ebay and a guy from Taiwan is asking if I would be able to sell and ship it to him.  Is that a restricted set of items for sale abroad?  Are restrictions based on age of technology or specific applications?  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I smell some kind of scam. Most things to be sold overseas are scams.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe it ITAR restricted. I wouldn't send it
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
as far as i know (not much), anything gun related over $100 needs an export permit, and the manufacturer needs to be registered with the state dept.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
overseas usually equals scam.

No private ownership of firearms in Taiwan. If it's a legitimate buyer, he's one of two kinds of people.

1) an airsofter who wants to make is piece as real as possible. I've seen a really nice airsoft repro of an M14 in a local shop.
2) some poor E-1 on guard duty FUCKED up his stock...

Either way, I'm not sure of the restrictions. You better read up on them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#6]

ITAR regulates export of:

Category I-Firearms

*(a) Nonautomatic, semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive, and all components and parts for such firearms. (See § 121.9 and §§ 123.16-123.19 of this subchapter.)

Regardless of whether State Dept thinks a stock is a firearm component or not, the fact that it's 'USGI' also throws up big huge red flags. If that exact model is currently used by the US military you can safely bet you'll be a world of hurt if you get caught trying to export one without authorization.

Not worth your time. At best you get to waste your time dealing with State Dept for an export permit. At worst you go to federal prison.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Dont even waste your time. Put the crap on the EE and sell it to somone in country.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Got a link to the auction? I'd like to see the stock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top