Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2010 9:36:54 PM EDT
The Mosque was and still should be the issue going into 9/11.

Instead the media found some backwater, pyscho semi cult of 50 people that is doing something stupid by burning some Korans and now that is THE FRONT PAGE HEADLINE issue going into tomrrow.

Sad.  Disgusting.  Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Instead the media found some backwater, pyscho semi cult of 50 people that is doing something stupid by burning some Korans and now that is THE FRONT PAGE HEADLINE issue going into tomrrow.

I'd prefer the day be one of remembrance and reflection, there's plenty of time to deal with the mosque issue, and as far as that douchenozzle from Fl, he's in the same camp as those Westboro fuckstains, and we need to ignore him like we do that fucked up cult!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There will be an issue that pops up in a week or two that distracts us from all that has come before...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Their 0bamessiah was starting to take heat, and they couldn't let THAT keep happening, could they?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
that is doing something stupid by burning some Korans

Why is burning a Koran necessarily 'stupid"??
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck them. 9/11 should be front page today, politics from either side will be low class.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What positive effect do you get from burning any book?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad. Disgusting. Ridiculous.

I'd prefer the day be one of remembrance and reflection, there's plenty of time to deal with the mosque issue, and as far as that douchenozzle from Fl, he's in the same camp as those Westboro fuckstains, and we need to ignore him like we do that fucked up cult!

I didn't mean just today.  The Koran burning thing that completely removed the mosque from the headlines and from most of the debate.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
The mosque isn't out of the picture yet. They said more stupid shit, and turned down Trump's overly generous offer. There's much to talk about.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't mean just today.  The Koran burning thing that completely removed the mosque from the headlines and from most of the debate.

i think it definitely gave the media another angle to portray the mosque and imam as the victims

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the symbloic gesture of denying what's in the book, as like to consider it to be lies, not true, evil, bad...

Given that choice, 5.7 billion people in the world would agree, because they don't agree with Muhammad's teachings.

There's nothing stupid about it.

Now if somebody burned cook books, scientific books, history books, or novels, that would sound stupid.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Energy is released in the form of heat and light.  Oddly enough when hydrogen and oxygen combine in the combustion process water is formed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the symbloic gesture of denying what's in the book, as like to consider it to be lies, not true, evil, bad...

Given that choice, 5.7 billion people in the world would agree, because they don't agree with Muhammad's teachings.

Now if somebody burned cook books, scientific books, history books, or novels, that would sound stupid.

How about bibles?

Flags?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the result going to be positive?

Will it help win over people to your argument?
And you might want to recheck your numbers.  They are off a bit.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Energy is released in the form of heat and light. Oddly enough when hydrogen and oxygen combine in the combustion process water is formed.

Books are a poor form of fire fuel materials.  And why would you need it in the South in mid September?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Is "American Idol" on yet?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the crazy old asshole preacher is saying what most of us are thinking.   He's saying it loud and proud, and we're all a bit ashamed that we're too worried about our various COCs to speak out that way.  

The really good bit about it is that it's gotten the bad guys to show their colors.  That's worth more than moving the stupid mosque an extra block or two from GZ.  

So let em get all butthurt over it and threaten everybody.  That's a sight better'n having em play like they're all nice and peaceful.  Esp. with the press sucking their cocks all the time.  

This old preacher is showing us all up for the pussies we are.  We have a cult that's chosen to make itself a clear and present danger to our way of life and most of us are just too chicken shit to admit it to ourselves.  

I hate book burning mentality but I'd burn one myself out of sympathy for what he's trying to say on this issue.......If DOD hadn't pretty much said it'll cost anyone over here their job to do it....You see....I'm a pussy too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Fire up the barbecue.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Why? What's wrong with being honest about how you feel when someone threatens violence if you don't kowtow to their cult?  I mean, sure, they're gonna say they've been victimized by this, but who the eff really cares?  Waaaaaa!   We blew up their buildings and they don't want us to build a victory mosque right next to GZ!!!  Waaaa!  When we said we'd kill folks if you griped about the victory mosque too much some dude wanted to burn copies of our literature!!!!  Waaaaaa!  

Sorry.  Standing up, pushing back, and flipping the bird is entirely in order.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#20]
This is just like the Muhammud cartoon thing. The paper printed them in september and the riots didn't happen until FEBRUARY!
WTF?

So now if you go on youtube people have been burning Koreans Korans since 2001, no one noticed or even gave a shit.
I remember some guy shot a koran and used his actual name, there was a thread on arfcom about it. NO ONE CARED.
Now SUDDENLY the media gives a shit? Now suddenly one pastor in Florida burns a koran and people are protesting in Afghanistan?
WTF?? In fact he hasn't even burned it yet. its mind boggling to me. power of the press i suppose.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Why? What's wrong with being honest about how you feel when someone threatens violence if you don't kowtow to their cult? I mean, sure, they're gonna say they've been victimized by this, but who the eff really cares? Waaaaaa! We blew up their buildings and they don't want us to build a victory mosque right next to GZ!!! Waaaa! When we said we'd kill folks if you griped about the victory mosque too much some dude wanted to burn copies of our literature!!!! Waaaaaa!

Sorry. Standing up, pushing back, and flipping the bird is entirely in order.

You miss the whole point.  If the assholes down there want to burn the Koran, BFD.  It should be as big a story as the bibles that were burned in Afgan.  Nothing.

But the media uses it to misdirect the public away from the Mosque story.  And America, including the Conservatives fall for it.  

Just ask yourself this.  It is 9/11, and who is viewed as the victim in the media in the last few days' worth of stories?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#22]
The Koran burning scumbag is much more germane to 9/11 than the Park51 project.

The questions we need to be asking ourselves are all about why, 9 years after 9/11, we still have hoards and mobs of Americans ready to trash the war effort for which so many have given their lives.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:09:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Why? What's wrong with being honest about how you feel when someone threatens violence if you don't kowtow to their cult? I mean, sure, they're gonna say they've been victimized by this, but who the eff really cares? Waaaaaa! We blew up their buildings and they don't want us to build a victory mosque right next to GZ!!! Waaaa! When we said we'd kill folks if you griped about the victory mosque too much some dude wanted to burn copies of our literature!!!! Waaaaaa!

Sorry. Standing up, pushing back, and flipping the bird is entirely in order.

You miss the whole point.  If the assholes down there want to burn the Koran, BFD.  It should be as big a story as the bibles that were burned in Afgan.  Nothing.

But the media uses it to misdirect the public away from the Mosque story.  And America, including the Conservatives fall for it.  

Just ask yourself this.  It is 9/11, and who is viewed as the victim in the media in the last few days' worth of stories?

I'm tired of whoring after "who's the biggest victim".  Sympathy whoring didn't exterminate the hostile natives in the American west.  Sympathy whoring didn't stop the Nazis or the Japanese.  Sympathy Whoring didn't let our third infantry division destroy the 4th largest military in the world.  

Who's the Victim?  Who cares?  Who's way of life is gonna survive longer?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:45:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think the crazy old asshole preacher is saying what most of us are thinking.   He's saying it loud and proud, and we're all a bit ashamed that we're too worried about our various COCs to speak out that way.  

The really good bit about it is that it's gotten the bad guys to show their colors.  That's worth more than moving the stupid mosque an extra block or two from GZ.  

So let em get all butthurt over it and threaten everybody.  That's a sight better'n having em play like they're all nice and peaceful.  Esp. with the press sucking their cocks all the time.  

This old preacher is showing us all up for the pussies we are.  We have a cult that's chosen to make itself a clear and present danger to our way of life and most of us are just too chicken shit to admit it to ourselves.  

I hate book burning mentality but I'd burn one myself out of sympathy for what he's trying to say on this issue.......If DOD hadn't pretty much said it'll cost anyone over here their job to do it....You see....I'm a pussy too.

There is much truth in this post.  Truth can be hard to face.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:15:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

This is just like the Muhammud cartoon thing. The paper printed them in september and the riots didn't happen until FEBRUARY!

WTF?

So now if you go on youtube people have been burning Koreans Korans since 2001, no one noticed or even gave a shit.

I remember some guy shot a koran and used his actual name, there was a thread on arfcom about it. NO ONE CARED.

Now SUDDENLY the media gives a shit? Now suddenly one pastor in Florida burns a koran and people are protesting in Afghanistan?

WTF?? In fact he hasn't even burned it yet. its mind boggling to me. power of the press i suppose.

Yep.  Convienent, no?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:27:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:32:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

why are they a cult? because they are a small group and their leader want's to rub it in the face of jihadists?

Look into them. They are no doubt a psuedo cult, if not an actual one.
This article is from 2009, way before all of this. Note the red.

Hidden money. check

Total obedience. check

Isolation from family and friends. check

The church behind the signs

A close-up look at the church whose "Islam is of the devil" signs continue to spark controversy.

By Megan Rolland

Staff writer

Published: Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.

A Gainesville church that drew protests for proclaiming "Islam is of the devil" has come under fire for blurring the line between the church itself, which accepts donations and is exempt from taxes, and a for-profit enterprise owned by the senior pastor and his wife.

Former church members who have worshiped under senior pastors Terry and Sylvia Jones are speaking out about what they describe as financial abuses at the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville and its sister church in Cologne, Germany, founded by Terry Jones in 1981 and closed in 2008.

By all accounts - the church's Web site, interviews with current and former members and Terry Jones' own description - the church in Gainesville, as was the one in Germany, is structured with a for-profit business operating out of tax-exempt church property, using the unpaid labor of church members to maintain a steady stream of merchandise for sale online.

That structure has raised questions with the Alachua County Property Appraiser's Office, which has said it will investigate the church's tax-exempt status.

"If they can prove that the money that they make goes into the ministry, then it's above board," said Sheila Crapo, who oversees the wholly exempt properties. "We're going to be taking a look at how they use their properties. As long as there is a predominate use, 51 percent of the property, being used for (religious) services, it's exempt."

For example, if a church's parking lot is rented out for a profit a majority of the time, taxes must be paid on the lot.

The value of the land and buildings located at the Dove World Outreach Center, 5805 N.W. 37th St., is assessed at $1.6 million and is wholly exempt from taxes.

Entwined with the church's message is a theme stressing obedience to senior pastors and work for the kingdom of God - a theme that persuaded one couple from Germany to work full time and uncompensated for Terry and Sylvia Jones' business, TS and Company. The business sells vintage furniture on eBay.

Outside contact, even with family for weddings and funerals, is prohibited for students who attend the Dove World Outreach Academy in Gainesville. The academy members live on property owned by TS and Company, work in the selling, packing and shipping of furniture and are unpaid.

Terry Jones' daughter, Emma Jones, who still lives in Cologne after breaking with her parents and the church, said TS and Company, which first was established in Germany in 2004 by Terry and Sylvia Jones, fed the private coffers of her father and stepmother in Cologne.

Emma Jones and Heinz Koop - a former church elder in Germany - say church members confronted Terry and Sylvia Jones with an itemized list of alleged abuses such as a car purchased by the church for their son, salaries paid by the church for TS and Company employees and donated furniture that was sold for profit.

After the accusations, Terry and Sylvia Jones - who from 2001 to 2008 had divided their time between living in Gainesville and living in Cologne - left Cologne permanently in 2008.

Terry Jones declined to comment about these and other accusations, saying through a spokeswoman only that he and his wife left Germany because "he had been there for 30 years, and it was just time."

According to state documents, TS and Company later was incorporated at the church in Gainesville in February 2007, with Terry and Sylvia Jones and Marvin Wayne Sapp listed as managers. Both the church and the company list their address as 5805 N.W. 37th St.

"Part of the profits go back into the church," Terry Jones said during an interview early last week in his office at the church. "At least a part of those proceeds are funneled back into the church."

However, Jones declined through a spokeswoman to say what percentage of the profits go to the church or how much the company makes, stating that information isn't public record.

"TS and Company is a tax-paying business, and the company determines what it does with its money, just like any other business does," said Stephanie Sapp, speaking on behalf of Terry Jones.

Sapp said she and her husband, Marvin Wayne Sapp, are paid by TS and Company. Marvin Wayne Sapp also is a pastor at the church.

Visits to the church's 20-acre property have confirmed that the sanctuary is partially filled with furniture. The sanctuary also is used twice a week for religious services.

"Those we buy," Terry Jones said referring to the items for sale on eBay. He said the items are purchased within the state but outside Gainesville.

"Mainly all over Florida," he said. "Not really here locally, because this is sort of a small area. Mainly larger areas like Miami.

"We've been doing those things for a few years, heavy, and basically they totally support the church. To a large degree, that money is used to make the mortgage payment," Terry Jones said.

Two former church members - Jennifer and Daniel Engel - say they worked with the financial records after coming to Gainesville from Cologne in 2007 to work for the church.

"I do know that TS and Company gave $1,000 each month to the church account," said Jennifer Engel, who at 30 years old decided to leave a church she had been a member of her entire life. "A few times, like three times, the company took $5,000 off the (church) account, and I never got a receipt for that."

For more than a year, the Engels lived in an apartment in Pineridge in northwest Gainesville with their two young sons and worked 40 hours a week unpaid. Daniel Engel, who also grew up in the Cologne church, said he worked more than 40-hour weeks for TS and Company packaging furniture.

The Engels said they didn't pay rent for their Pineridge apartment and that all their meals were provided by the church's Lisa Jones House, which the church describes as an "outreach to the poor" that uses food from the local food bank.

"We got there (to the church) shortly before 8 a.m. There was a prayer meeting in the main hall and then a little bit of motivation from the pastor ... 'we're so many packages behind' or he would say how much money we had made for the week, and he would say 'we want $5,000 more,' " Daniel Engel said. "We packed everything. We collected Styrofoam and packing supplies from the Dumpsters of area businesses."

The couple, who were married in the Cologne church, described feeling mental or emotional pressure at the Gainesville church. Jennifer Engel said the pastors tried to convince her that if they left Gainesville to return to Germany, she would be damned.

It wasn't until after they left that the Engels say they realized they had been sucked into a rhetoric of preaching that the only way to heaven was to work for the church.

Terry Jones told The Sun that all employees for TS and Company are church members who volunteer their time.

Former members of Jones' Cologne church - Christliche Gemeinde Koln - described the situation there differently.

"It's all about how much did you work, how much profit did you bring in," said Emma Jones, the 29-year-old daughter of Terry Jones and his deceased first wife, Lisa Jones. "He made 16-, 17- and 18-year-olds work 12-hour days."

Emma Jones said she is speaking out against her father and the churchshe grew up in with the hope of helping others leave what she calls a "cult" that "forced us with oppression to be obedient."

"They used mental violence. They'd say, 'If you're not obedient, God will punish you,' " Emma Jones said.

Jennifer Engel said she sought help from a religious psychologist upon returning to Cologne.

"We had no friends, and also everything was very controlled. We aren't allowed to say any critical things. ...They started to preach about total obedience. No matter what they say, we have to do it," she said.

The Engels say things are improving in their life since they left the church.

"It's hard - it takes a long time to get your mind straight again," Jennifer Engel said. "We spent 20 years in the church. It takes a long time to get that out of your head."

For some, the message of obedience speaks to them and draws them closer to God.

Cecil Talbot, who has been a member of the church since 1996, said he volunteers five days a week in the Lisa Jones House.

"We believe what the Bible says and that the Bible tells us that God will put leaders in charge. ... They are placed over us to make sure that we do the work of God," Talbot said. "We're taught by the Bible to be committed and faithful to one church."

Talbot said he is moved by the charity work the church does, recalling a woman who recently was given a bed that enabled her to keep her baby from being taken by authorities.

"That's the kind of stuff that happens every week," Talbot said. "That's our heart. It's Christians for people in need."

According to property records, in 2001, Talbot deeded the house across the street from his to Terry and Sylvia Jones.

That house then was deeded to Luke and Anna Jones - the son and daughter-in-law of Terry Jones. "I gave that house to the church - to him - and what he does with it is his business," said Talbot, referring all other questions to Terry Jones.

Stephanie Sapp said there currently are six members enrolled in the Dove World Outreach Academy.

The academy is run by Sylvia Jones and, according to information published in February on the academy's Web site, is a "training place for loyalty and discipline."

"The main part of training is, the students live on the (Dove World Outreach Center property), they eat and sleep here, and work in the areas we offer, the (Lisa Jones House), TS and company or Dove Charismatic Ministries, the church," stated an introduction published in February on the Web site and signed by Sylvia Jones. "Going through the whole process for three years breaks the pride, because the students need to humble themselves not only under God's mighty hand but under the hand of man as well."

Former members of the Cologne church provided The Sun with a translated rule book from the Gainesville academy, to which they sent their teenage children to attend. The academy began in May 2007.

Stephanie Sapp verified that the rule book had been used but said the academy now uses a "revised version." Sapp declined to provide the revised rule book or to explain what changes had been made.

According to the original rule book, rules for those in the academy - mostly young adults who can be seen on the church property wearing khaki cargo pants as part of their uniform - include being obedient to all commands, asking for permission to talk and using only the academy e-mail account for personal correspondence. In the original rule book, academy attendees also are banned from dining in restaurants or eating sweets and cakes, with weekly weigh-ins to achieve a weight goal.

Visits from family and friends are not allowed, and occasions such as weddings, funerals or birthdays are no exception, according to the original rule book.

Six properties in the Pineridge and Phoenix housing complexes in Gainesville are owned by TS and Company or Terry and Sylvia Jones. Many are occupied by church members, including some who are enrolled in the academy.

Both of the complexes are low-income housing.

Stephanie Sapp refused to answer questions about who lived in the complexes, saying only that "those properties were purchased as investment properties."

According to property tax records pulled by The Sun:

All six properties, four in Phoenix and two in Pineridge, were purchased between March 2006 and August 2007 for a combined $647,500. Financing information for the properties was not immediately available.

Terry and Sylvia Jones also own 4.42 acres of vacant land in Chiefland purchased in 2004 for about $28,000.

The couple purchased a house in Slidell, La., in January 2007 for $303,900.

And they own a condo in the Paradise Island Towers Condo on Treasure Island, which was purchased before Terry Jones' first wife died.

Terry Jones declined an interview to discuss his property holdings.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#30]
It makes you wonder why they turned it down...........it was a crap load of money from all reports

Quoted:
The mosque isn't out of the picture yet. They said more stupid shit, and turned down Trump's overly generous offer. There's much to talk about.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

It makes you wonder why they turned it down...........it was a crap load of money from all reports

Quoted:

Cost plus 25%.  

That is a "MUST TAKE" in today's environment.  Unless of course there is another reason they want it there that is more valuable than 25% profit.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:48:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
why are they a cult?  because they are a small group and their leader want's to rub it in the face of jihadists?

They, (the folks who live over here, AND the ones burning their books) are cults because they are a religion that I see as stranger than my own.  That includes all religions by the way, since I don't have one.  It kind of makes it easy to use that word.  

Anyway, the preacher's tiny cult isn't the cult that's a clear and present danger.  The big cult of people that live over here is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, plus it keeps you warm.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#34]
so is this guy gonna be burning books today or what?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost plus 25%.  

That is a "MUST TAKE" in today's environment.  Unless of course there is another reason they want it there that is more valuable than 25% profit.

The Trump offer didn't cover the back door dealings, it was simply what they paid, 4.8 million plus 25% You don't buy a 18 million dollar piece of property for 4.8 million without some shady ass shit going on. Why the State and City aren't saying "Hey, where are my tax dollars from the sale?" I have no idea.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We've been and are being, played...with nearly everything...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't think any of you get it.

America is the cartoon elephant on a stool staring down at the Islamic mouse roaring about something that a backwater cult is doing.

THAT is the real story.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Neither the Mosque or the Koran burning are actual news.  Both are legal, and are protected under the 1st Amendment.  Both stories are both distractions contrived to keep people's minds clouded with hate (in any direction) so that they cannot rationally discern the actions of certain elements of our government.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Burning books is always stupid - unless you're about to freeze to death.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
why are they a cult?  because they are a small group and their leader want's to rub it in the face of jihadists?

No, because they exhibit the characteristics of a cult.  A lady was on the Hannity show yesterday who lives in the area, and she said they do stunts constantly in order to draw attention––things like putting t-shirts on children with outrageous slogans.  They are a tamer version of the "God hates fags" bunch (which they are said to support, BTW).  

The Left & the Pro choicers are the champs at stunts (These Crackers are beginners at that game)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is it exactly that "we" want the ROP to do about the radicals? If they claim the vocal nutcases that get all the publicity don't actually represent Islam, what do "we" think they should do to silence them, or at least keep them from proceeding with any of their violent schemes?

Likewise, if "we" are going to hold the ROP responsible for policing their own, what does that mean "we" should do with our own?  If we think it's suitable for the ROP to send in a commando team to shut down the radical Muslim terrorist cells, would that not apply to the fuckwit in florida and westboro?    The major difference that I can see between the situations is that florida freak and westboro don't blow themselves and others up.  That was another radical christian and he's in prison now.

Are there any answers for this?

Not necessarily directed to the quoted poster.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#43]
The man who the islamofascists fear the most, because Allah could not kill him on that day of infamy:  Rudy Giulliani finally spoke out on the mosque zero.

Watched an interview with Rudy Giullianni this morning, mayor of NY and at ground zero when the towers came down nine years ago. He said that, of the families of the dead and survivors as well he had talked to, 70,80,90% had complained that building a mosque there would be an insult to them. He added that while his own opinion varied from Bloomberg, and others, he thinks a man of God should be about healing. The mosque should not be created there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost plus 25%.  

I doubt cost+25% is turned down in good economic times. What "investor" turns down that kind of profit? Their refusal is to me, a bigger story than the koran burners.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost plus 25%.  

I doubt cost+25% is turned down in good economic times. What "investor" turns down that kind of profit? Their refusal is to me, a bigger story than the koran burners.

Again, this is a contrived story... Someone is paying for it in an effort to create a controversy to hide something else.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm sick with rage that the Muslims are the ones who are coming across as the victims.

I don't know if any of our fighting men have expereinced the whole "in sha'allah" crap, but it basically gives them a backdoor to get out of anything they say, hence their "word" is totally meaningless.  They just turn around and say "gee, God didn't will it to happen.  i told you i'd 'respect' you, but God wanted me to conquer Americans instead."

What gets me, seeing things first-hand, is that Feminism made the USA ripe for conquering.  And it's sickening.  Their interest is in conquering.  They admit it here all the time.  "Respect" means "whatever I can get away with."

And while I totally disagree with burning their holy book, perhaps someone can answer me:

1) where was the outrage or condemnation in the Muslim world after 9/11?

2)  how many Western heads have they cut off?  how many Bibles have they burned?  

3)  how many Christians have they murdered?  

4) how many Churches have they destroyed?

This church fella - as far as I know - was never planning attacks against Muslims or harming any Muslims.  Nor did they advocate it.  While I agree with the OP, why are we fighting each other?  Why jump all over this guy for talking, while lots of heads have been cut off, and churches razed, and Christians murdered?

They are NOT the victims here!!!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost plus 25%.  

Again, this is a contrived story... Someone is paying for it in an effort to create a controversy to hide something else.

So Trump didn't offer the money? It was national news. Several threads on it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost plus 25%.  

So Trump didn't offer the money? It was national news. Several threads on it.

I'm saying Trump was outbid.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Koran burning scumbag is much more germane to 9/11 than the Park51 project.

The questions we need to be asking ourselves are all about why, 9 years after 9/11, we still have hoards and mobs of Americans ready to trash the war effort for which so many have given their lives.

Despite how the reactions to this thread have clearly shown its relevance to the mosque issue, Sherrick appears to stay in denial.

Funny how much saner people were in the newly restored 9 year old 9/11 thread.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#50]
If I recall correctly, it really took off as a story only after Petreaus mentioned it... which would be highly ironic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top