Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 11:52:52 AM EDT
It's been a while since I've done this, I need a reminder:

I'm changing the spark plugs and I pulled a fuel rail out of the way. When I pulled it out, 2 injectors stayed and 2 came with it. I know the injectors just pop back into the manifold with a rubber o-ring; but the ones that came out of the fuel rail––is that just press-fit to get them back in also or is there some trick to it? I'm having a hard time getting those injectors back into the fuel rail.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
should be the same o-ring seal on the top and bottom of the injector.  Line it up   "straight" and use a little force.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could help ya JCknife but I have no idea.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Found the prob. The top orings were cockeyed in the rail socket. Tore one. Should have pulled them out of the rail and put them on the injector before pushing back in. Oh well. Thanks!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I did that same ass whip of a job a couple of months ago. Lost an o-ring. Had to send the wife to store to get some. I have a FEW extras. She bought 2 boxes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top