Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
well since I see alot of cali members on here , I just wana take this opportunity to say hello to all those brave AR15.com members behind enemy lines..

Just hang in there...
keep the resistance alive...!!!!

Ill do my part to by sending HI-CAP mags in the redcross care packages...

Cluster...

And yeah even though it is an occupied territory ....  its still beautiful

[50] get yours before its to late....
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Huntington Beach checking in.
I guess I'm still a WebShooter. I was at the first shoot but haven't been able to make it back again (lately because my AR is out of commision). I usually shoot out in the desert in the vicinity of Barstow with my buddies. Occasionaly we make a run out to NV or AZ.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the East Bay too. Once I'm done with school (a little over a year) I am DEFINATELY planning on moving to Vegas. My first gun purchase over there will probably be an M16 hehehe.
Does anyone know if there are any jobs for Computer Science majors out in Vegas? I hear the computer industry is making their way in Vegas. If not, then TX?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm back down in Folsom (east of Sac) after a few years up in Seattle for school.  Wish I could have stayed up there though. [:(]
View Quote

When did they start letting inmates out to go to school? he he
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I am originally from Sacto, but have been working around the Bay Area the last few years.  My current job is in the Dublin/Pleasanton area.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Calistoga,CA checking in!(I am a chef..no better place to cook than the Napa Valley!)

If any of you are on the backroads of the St.helena/calisotga area and a loud Kawasaki sport bike is on the road...that is most likely me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Born and raised in Ridgecrest.  
Attending school in San Luis Obispo.
Might be working back in Ridgecrest or Port Hueneme after graduation.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Reply:

Annal nathrak oothfas bethard dokhail dienvay.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Born and raised in Riverside; been living in Moreno Valley (next door to Riverside) for 3 years.

I’ll be at SECRET III on April 26th to inflict some unrepairable damage on inordinate objects.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Reply:

View Quote

WTF?[>:/]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#12]
El Monte, CAlif. Raised in Barstow.
My favorite indoor range Santa Anita Firing range, Monrovia, CAlif. recently closed its doors. My new home for indoor range will be The Firing Line, Burbank. My outdoor range will probably be Fish Canyon or Angeles.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#13]
live in Whittier work in Santa Ana, but will go anywhere to shoot!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
El Monte, CAlif. Raised in Barstow.
My favorite indoor range Santa Anita Firing range, Monrovia, CAlif. recently closed its doors. My new home for indoor range will be The Firing Line, Burbank. My outdoor range will probably be Fish Canyon or Angeles.
View Quote

Yeah, I go to the Firing Line in HB.  Nice place.  Just wish I had the time to go as much as I'd like...blasted work and school.

Want to start shooting clay pidgeons though so going to have to start going to an outdoor range.  Either Raahauges or some other place I can't think of right now which I believe is more or less about the same distance.  I think Angeles.  Either way its like an hours drive to get to them though which sucks.
So if any of you see a big kid at an outdoor range making a fool of himself trying to shoot flying things in the air, it just might be me...[whacko]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Orange County, myself. Lake Forest, to be exact.
View Quote

Also Orange County -- Doing the San Clemente to Irvine and back commute every day.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Skammy, howdy neighbor!  I am in the Pasadena area of Calif.  My home indoor range just closed for good (Santa Anita Firing Range in Monrovia).  Maybe you could show me a new home range next time you go shooting?  Late.
View Quote

Greetings. Sorry to hear about Santa Anita. My brother lives up in Pasadena. So I often go to the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club in Duarte (626) 358-9906. It's an outdoor rifle range. I think the shortest distance is 25M. Sorry I have no ideas about indoor pistol ranges up taht way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
North Orange County here.  (At least for another month -- then it is on to the land of rolling green hills, limestone caves, and really big rivers!) [<]:)]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#20]
uppin
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:54:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Livermore California checkin in.  Hello fellow prisoners.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, I go to the Firing Line in HB.  Nice place.  Just wish I had the time to go as much as I'd like...blasted work and school.

Want to start shooting clay pidgeons though so going to have to start going to an outdoor range.  Either Raahauges or some other place I can't think of right now which I believe is more or less about the same distance.  I think Angeles.  Either way its like an hours drive to get to them though which sucks.
So if any of you see a big kid at an outdoor range making a fool of himself trying to shoot flying things in the air, it just might be me...[whacko]
View Quote

If you're in HB, check out the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club at the top of the 605. I only went there once to use the rifle range, but the clay range looked like a nice facility. Sorry, don't have a number or address with me right now. There also used to be a trap range off the 710 just above Imperial in the South Gate/Downey area, but I don't know if it's private or still there; haven't been by there in a while. And I think there was also a trap and skeet range off the 60 near the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area, west of the 605. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Reply:

View Quote

Look into the eyes of the dragon...

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're in HB, check out the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club at the top of the 605. I only went there once to use the rifle range, but the clay range looked like a nice facility. Sorry, don't have a number or address with me right now. There also used to be a trap range off the 710 just above Imperial in the South Gate/Downey area, but I don't know if it's private or still there; haven't been by there in a while. And I think there was also a trap and skeet range off the 60 near the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area, west of the 605. [:)]
View Quote

Thanks.  I actually live in Stanton (a city you only hear about when a Meth lab explodes, which thankfully isn't very often) which is about 30 minutes north of HB.  Will have to check that out this Summer when I have time to make a fool of myself learning how to shoot stuff in the air...heh.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#25]
San Gabriel.
Outdoor shooting range: Fish Canyon also called San Gabriel Gun Club. Minimum distance is 15 yards. You also have 25, 50 and 100 yards. Club members get to use the 200 and 300 yard range. No rapid fire allowed (one round every 2 seconds) Range rules totally enforced.

For outdoor shooting there is also Burro Canyon up in the Angeles Forest. Go up Azusa (39 Rd) and follow the signs after the East Fork bridge. They have a rifle/pistol range and a primitive trap range.  No running water/minimum facilities. They will allow rapid fire from the shoulder (no bump).

Lyttle Creek is also re-open. Never been there.

For the life of me there is also an indoor range in the the City of Industry can't remember the name (senior moment) it is on Valley Blvd close to Hacienda Blvd...

Regards

ACK
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#26]
San Josed souding off!

I'm one of those guys at LARGC, and I try not to be TOO much of a dick...  If I have to lock the bolt open, I'm not bugged.  If I have to lock the bolt open and a round falls out, we have a problem...

Anyhow, I'm here due to the US Air Farce (1990,) found and married probably the last non-Liberal woman left here, and we are planning to move to AZ so the rest of my "kids" (cars and guns) can come home to roost...

Meanwhile, I am an Agent Provocateur behind the lines, and work to screw the system any way I can.  Believe it or not, even after interviewing with Judge Turrone and telling him exactly what I think (and giving him a primer on military weapons, H2H, and auto mechanics) he thinks I'm qualified for Civil Grand Jury service anyhow.  I can't wait...

FFZ
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I actually live in Stanton
View Quote

Acapulco.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  I actually live in Stanton
View Quote

Acapulco.
View Quote

Heh its not that bad.  Frankly I prefer Stanton as opposed to Santa Ana.  And most of Westminster.  Streets and buildings are just crappy over there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top