Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]
For me it was kind of the opposite.  I lived in Hobbs, NM for five years as a kid, from 1st grade through 5th grade.  My best friend was Pam Sinclair.  She lived right by me and we hung out all the time either at my house or hers.  My parents were good friends with hers.  Her dad had a gun and sporting goods store and eventually opened another one.  My dad even bought his Smith and Wesson 9mm from him.  We didn’t know it but he started getting in bad financial trouble.  One night they just packed up as much stuff as they could and disappeared.  It was a hard way to lose a friend.

Fast forward several years and we never heard anything about them.  Then dad tells me that they found the dad.  He was in custody, not from running from debt or anything like that but for murder.  Turns out he became a serial killer.  He roamed around so much they still aren’t sure just how many people he killed.

His name was Charles Sinclair, they called him the Coin Shop Killer.  Now that is creepy, and he never gave off any strange vibes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Only in retrospect.  My high school "nemesis" was a real asshole, and I googled him the other day and he's a registered sex offender (rape).
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#3]
A man that was friends with one of my stepfathers(mom's been married more than twice) always gave me the creeps.

Fast forward a few years and I find out that he has left his wife for the HS babysitter. When they first met she was only 14. She was a couple of years ahead of me in school. Nice girl, but always with older guys/men. After a few years I guess things weren't going to well for them and supposedly she was leaving him. He poured gasoline all over her and set her on fire. I think she lived for a couple of days. She had 3rd degree burns on 95% of her body. The only part that wasn't burned was a small patch on top of her head.

That sick fucker ended up getting life in prison.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  It would not surprise me in the least to learn that I lived next to a serial killer and exchanged Christmas cards with him.

Growing up, we had a scary reclusive neighbor.  He allegedly burned the 3 houses surrounding mine (both neighbors and the one across the street).  1 was ruled electrical, but he was the first on scene to help and observe.  The other 2 were arson but no suspect was ever found; one of those involved stacking firewood in the house, pillaging the wife's underwear drawer, dousing the place with accelerant, and torching it.  He lived alone in a small house on a large, heavily wooded plot of land with a barn in back.  He had many trees that were around the 100' tall mark and dense ground cover that made his place look like someone dropped a 5 acre forest in the middle of Idaho farmland.

He would disappear for weeks at a time, and return with his car or truck painted a different color every time.  He lurked around the neighborhood, mostly at night.  There were irrigation ditches running behind all the houses, so a person could travel far unseen.  One time I saw a face in my bathroom window, and all the kids in the neighborhood had similar stories - camping out by the drainage canal was always good for a scare when you heard footsteps in the dark.  Our little sweet female Samoyed only growled one time, and that was at someone hiding in our yard.  He was occasionally spotted wearing drag at the grocery store, though I never witnessed that myself.  My father caught someone trying to break into his house, and from that point on it was almost like we were under his "protection."  He'd actually show up at our door each Christmas after that with boxes of chocolates and some books; we always made sure to have a card & basket for him.

His house was raided by LE after he shot a kid for plinking at bullfrogs in the public canal.  The kid survived; it was bird shot; family didn't press charges.  My father was good friends with several members of the LE community and got an AAR.  There was apparently nothing overtly incriminating found, however: his place had some booby traps, mirrors on the ceilings, and cameras on tripods.  Enlarged photographs of area houses/neighborhoods on the wall.  Stacks of books on the occult and a copy of "How to Fake Your Own Death."  One of my neighbors heard him digging or working on what sounded like heavy metal or concrete in the middle of the night in a wooded corner of the yard.

He died under very suspicious circumstances.  He had some equally creepy friends (bad, bad guys), who somehow managed to get him to leave his estate to them.  Shortly thereafter, he was found dead at their place, in the nude.  Death was ruled natural.

We neighborhood kids saw it as our duty to explore his abandoned property.  A few interesting finds:

The barn had stairs leading to the top floor, accessed by a trap door.  The room was completely empty, save for a wooden rocking chair in the middle.  The walls were completely covered with floral wallpaper, including the windows.  There was a cellar to the barn, but we didn't have time to check it out.

The smell of decay often came from his property; not surprising since he had many domestic animals/wildlife living there.  There was a truck camper that smelled particularly awful.  It was locked, and we could see trash bags inside.  One of my friends went back later by himself and actually [ahem] gained access to the camper.  He poked one of the bags with a screwdriver and was rewarded with a gush of putrefied biomatter.  We mentioned it to an adult, who told us it was probably just his dead dog.

His house had been pretty much cleaned out by his newfound heirs.  There were a few leftover books on the shelves, and a key with the cryptic notation "underground vault."  The basement was unfinished; cinder block walls with a hallway and 2 rooms along one side.  Each room was also unfinished; cinder block walls and a concrete floor, with a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling by a cord.  There was a bare wire mattress/spring frame up against the wall in one room.  I kid you not, it looked like something you'd see in the movies.

Right about the time our intrepid group of 4 heavily armed explorers explored the tiny basement, we ALL heard footsteps walking across the living room directly overhead.  We bolted up the stairs, out the back door behind the kitchen, and probably stopped running about half a mile down the road.

Within a month, the entire wooded lot was burned in an unexplained fire.  The buildings and trees were leveled.  New owners of the property have done some development; allowed a road to be built over the area that our collective imagination had determined that his underground vault was.

My father went to his viewing and confirmed that it was him.  I actually went to his brief and almost empty funeral service as a kind of closure.  Is it any wonder that I used to sleep with a light on, worried every night that someone was going to break into the house and set it on fire?  Rough way to feel as a child, but it's nothing compared to the stresses some kids have to endure.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes.  It would not surprise me in the least to learn that I lived next to a serial killer and exchanged Christmas cards with him.

Growing up, we had a scary reclusive neighbor.  He allegedly burned the 3 houses surrounding mine (both neighbors and the one across the street).  1 was ruled electrical, but he was the first on scene to help and observe.  The other 2 were arson but no suspect was ever found; one of those involved stacking firewood in the house, pillaging the wife's underwear drawer, dousing the place with accelerant, and torching it.  He lived alone in a small house on a large, heavily wooded plot of land with a barn in back.  He had many trees that were around the 100' tall mark and dense ground cover that made his place look like someone dropped a 5 acre forest in the middle of Idaho farmland.

He would disappear for weeks at a time, and return with his car or truck painted a different color every time.  He lurked around the neighborhood, mostly at night.  There were irrigation ditches running behind all the houses, so a person could travel far unseen.  One time I saw a face in my bathroom window, and all the kids in the neighborhood had similar stories - camping out by the drainage canal was always good for a scare when you heard footsteps in the dark.  Our little sweet female Samoyed only growled one time, and that was at someone hiding in our yard.  He was occasionally spotted wearing drag at the grocery store, though I never witnessed that myself.  My father caught someone trying to break into his house, and from that point on it was almost like we were under his "protection."  He'd actually show up at our door each Christmas after that with boxes of chocolates and some books; we always made sure to have a card & basket for him.

His house was raided by LE after he shot a kid for plinking at bullfrogs in the public canal.  The kid survived; it was bird shot; family didn't press charges.  My father was good friends with several members of the LE community and got an AAR.  There was apparently nothing overtly incriminating found, however: his place had some booby traps, mirrors on the ceilings, and cameras on tripods.  Enlarged photographs of area houses/neighborhoods on the wall.  Stacks of books on the occult and a copy of "How to Fake Your Own Death."  One of my neighbors heard him digging or working on what sounded like heavy metal or concrete in the middle of the night in a wooded corner of the yard.

He died under very suspicious circumstances.  He had some equally creepy friends (bad, bad guys), who somehow managed to get him to leave his estate to them.  Shortly thereafter, he was found dead at their place, in the nude.  Death was ruled natural.

We neighborhood kids saw it as our duty to explore his abandoned property.  A few interesting finds:

The barn had stairs leading to the top floor, accessed by a trap door.  The room was completely empty, save for a wooden rocking chair in the middle.  The walls were completely covered with floral wallpaper, including the windows.  There was a cellar to the barn, but we didn't have time to check it out.

The smell of decay often came from his property; not surprising since he had many domestic animals/wildlife living there.  There was a truck camper that smelled particularly awful.  It was locked, and we could see trash bags inside.  One of my friends went back later by himself and actually [ahem] gained access to the camper.  He poked one of the bags with a screwdriver and was rewarded with a gush of putrefied biomatter.  We mentioned it to an adult, who told us it was probably just his dead dog.

His house had been pretty much cleaned out by his newfound heirs.  There were a few leftover books on the shelves, and a key with the cryptic notation "underground vault."  The basement was unfinished; cinder block walls with a hallway and 2 rooms along one side.  Each room was also unfinished; cinder block walls and a concrete floor, with a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling by a cord.  There was a bare wire mattress/spring frame up against the wall in one room.  I kid you not, it looked like something you'd see in the movies.

Right about the time our intrepid group of 4 heavily armed explorers explored the tiny basement, we ALL heard footsteps walking across the living room directly overhead.  We bolted up the stairs, out the back door behind the kitchen, and probably stopped running about half a mile down the road.

Within a month, the entire wooded lot was burned in an unexplained fire.  The buildings and trees were leveled.  New owners of the property have done some development; allowed a road to be built over the area that our collective imagination had determined that his underground vault was.

My father went to his viewing and confirmed that it was him.  I actually went to his brief and almost empty funeral service as a kind of closure.  Is it any wonder that I used to sleep with a light on, worried every night that someone was going to break into the house and set it on fire?  Rough way to feel as a child, but it's nothing compared to the stresses some kids have to endure.

Dude, you win.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
No matter how creepy he is, you need to find a way to be creepier.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I find most Obama voters creep me out. And the ones who still support him, really creep me out.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup. I work with a guy who is friendly enough but spent a few years in prison. There's just something "off" about him and I always want to be away when he comes by.

Also, "space invaders" in general creep me out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm creepy until you get to know me, then I'm scary.

bullshit your cute and cuddly.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Apparently I've managed to creep everyone out.

Dude!  I have this mental image of the creepy kid in glasses from that movie, Sin City!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Kid on my boat was creepy and I ended up sending him to Great Lakes where they diagnosed him, well....with something disqualifying.  The final straw was when he came into what he thought was an empty berthing area berating himself for being late to work.  

You know that scene from Lord of the Rings with Gollum talking to himself with the two different personalities?  I laid in my rack with every hair standing STRAIGHT up.  It still gives me goosebumps remembering it.

I met some weird fuckers in the USN
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Who's the scary man now, Mr. Clean?  Miss you, come back soon

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you win.

Totally, Totally win.... those trash bags were probably filled with dismembered bodies.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep.

eta. ^ holy shit that story is freaky.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Imagine you are driving by a guys house at night.

Its quite dark out, and as you drive buy he is standing in his front yard (no lights at all), from behind his glasses he make eye contact with you; maintains eye contact from beneith the bill of his John Deere truckers cap, until you are out of sight.

Upon your return trip, the exact same thing happens, going the opposite direction.

That kind of creepy.

The dude just weirds me out.

Subnet?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Do any of you know someone that really creeps you out?

There is this guy that I work with, nice enough; but I do not trust being alone with him in the same room.  I do not know what it is about him.  He just scares the shit out of me.

We have a local officer that we are all waiting to snap.

He is super quiet, always in complete control of himself, and never raises his voice. He just kinda mopes around and patrols constantly...

I sure hope I'm not working when he snaps.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah I work with a few people that are on my radar. I knew even more from school.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I really creep me out.  But I can't seem to get away from me.

Spooky.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I dont stick around creepy people for long.

There was a guy in a motorcycle group who was just "off" like "dont want to be alone around him because you might get surprise butseks" off. I started just riding on my own.

My sister in laws husband comes from a completley disfunctional family. His nephew (13-14 years old or so) gives both the wife and I the creeps. We both think he will be a future pedo the way he acts around the SIL/husbands 1yr and 3 year old daughters.

We had a creepy guy who started working here shortly after I began in the shipping dept. On a hunch the brass did a background check on the guy. Turns out he was under investigation for murder.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes.  It would not surprise me in the least to learn that I lived next to a serial killer and exchanged Christmas cards with him. <snip>

I remember you posting this a while back in a similar thread. Did you ever tell the police about all of this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, a guy named Roy French.  Lived out in the country by my great-aunt.

When I was a kid I would visit her and,  in the Fall, Roy could walk through all the leaves in the yard and be damned near on the porch before you could hear him.  And that was with you sitting on the porch.  He moved like a ghost.

About five years later he came home from school and killed his baby sister and wounded his mom.  She made it out to the barn before collapsing and then Roy waited in the house for the rest of the siblings to get off the bus and he killed them, too.

The mom regained consciousness and escaped and the law surrounded the house with the ultimatum for Roy to come out.

A gun battle ensued with a deputy killed and several grieviously wounded.  The cops then shot the house to hell with shotgun slugs, rifles, pistols, etc... for several minutes.

The interior of the house was shown in the local papers.  

In spite of being completely surrounded and in the middle of nowhere Roy managed to escape and it was several days before he was finally captured.

Only person who ever made my skin crawl.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#22]
How about that guy who posted here a while back and told the story of the creepy guy who murdered some of his friends. He even linked to a Youtube video of the footage from a police bot that entered the perp's house to get shots of the layout. The creepy dude shot at the bot.

Anyone remember what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#24]
There is a civilian who works in my building on a Navy base. Always wears one of those dorky Navy ballcaps & aviator sunglasses, has long greasy hair, and carries a messenger bag. I often run into him in the stairwell while he visits numerous floors with no apparent motive. He apparently carries plastic baggies of extra socks in his bag, and changes them in the bathroom stall (according to one of my coworkers). He is referred to as the "Unabomber".
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#25]
There was Mr. Brownie in the hood when we were kids. Oddball, old batchelor, who lived with his ancient mom. Rode a bicycle. Never drove. My aunt used to warn us to stay away from him. My cousins would see him at night in his shed across the alley with a big ass acetalyne torch. He'd would stand there like a statue holding it in front of him and stare at the flame.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I just wanted to post that i am now going back to read the best fucking true story iv heard on this great fuckin website. You for sure win dude. Write a movie. Do it. It will be awesome abd u can make it say "this is a true fucking story" at the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#27]
They let me outta the  thinking hospital, I reckon I aint got no reason to keel nobody.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There was one guy I was stationed in Germany with. He was in my platoon. I don't really know what all happened before I got there, but he was always the designated tool room guy. Used to complain about some of the most asinine things (smell of coffee, too many cracks in the concrete, etc.) But the thing that creaped me out about him was not just the fact that he kept talking in excess when you spoke to him, but that he will follow you ANYWHERE just to keep talking! I couldn't get a moments respite; not even in the latrine

Was his name <edited out> by chance?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I went to see a gunsmith one time, he was about 50 years old, 5'6", and 130 pounds.

I have never met a more creepy person in my life, I got the feeling he had 12 year olds tied up in the back of his shop

needless to say, he didnt work on my gun
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Last chance to quote him.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.  It would not surprise me in the least to learn that I lived next to a serial killer and exchanged Christmas cards with him. <snip>

I remember you posting this a while back in a similar thread. Did you ever tell the police about all of this?

We didn't. I had a FF/paramedic friend who fought the underwear arson fire and helped with the investigation. He and the LEOs knew exactly who he was. He had motive (homeowner had previously been married to the guy's sister). When his place was searched by the local LE, there were also some federal dudes with them. He had apparently garnered enough suspicion to be of interest to them, but was smart enough (if he was a bad guy) to clean up incriminating stuff.

My memory is a bit hazy on timing, but I seem to recall the camper being either cleaned out or removed not long after my friend's discovery. The fire happened shortly afterwards. Had we gone to the police, it would have just been a bunch of kids presenting imaginative circumstantial findings discovered while "exploring," if not outright B&E. I've not mentioned this story for many years, but now the statute of limitations probably keeps me safe in admitting youthful nondestructive trespassing in a dead guy's house.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Many years ago I once new a guy who I am convinced had a true sociopathic personality.

I keep half expecting to see him in headline news someday, being charged as a serial killer.

He was a creepy son of a bitch.

I don't think all sociopaths are killers. I've known a couple.

Maybe they just had a personality disorder but they had no idea that other people had feelings and they had no conscience.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We didn't. I had a FF/paramedic friend who fought the underwear arson fire and helped with the investigation. He and the LEOs knew exactly who he was. He had motive (homeowner had previously been married to the guy's sister). When his place was searched by the local LE, there were also some federal dudes with them. He had apparently garnered enough suspicion to be of interest to them, but was smart enough (if he was a bad guy) to clean up incriminating stuff.

My memory is a bit hazy on timing, but I seem to recall the camper being either cleaned out or removed not long after my friend's discovery. The fire happened shortly afterwards. Had we gone to the police, it would have just been a bunch of kids presenting imaginative circumstantial findings discovered while "exploring," if not outright B&E. I've not mentioned this story for many years, but now the statute of limitations probably keeps me safe in admitting youthful nondestructive trespassing in a dead guy's house.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

No - I mean why not share this info with LE now? Who knows, they may go poking around the property and find the underground vault full of bodies. Seriously - cold cases get cracked like this all the time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Several.

I try not to associate with them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Imagine you are driving by a guys house at night.

Its quite dark out, and as you drive buy he is standing in his front yard (no lights at all), from behind his glasses he make eye contact with you; maintains eye contact from beneith the bill of his John Deere truckers cap, until you are out of sight.

Upon your return trip, the exact same thing happens, going the opposite direction.

That kind of creepy.

The dude just weirds me out.

I didnt know SubNet wore glasses.
ETA: Mcboogles beat me to it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
As a kid my folks had some close friends Ron and Judy. We spent a lot of time at their house running around the pastures and woods with their sons Danny and Beaver (Brett), jumping off the bridge into the river, just having a blast.

At night we boys would sleep in the basement in bunkbeds and it was PITCH dark. You couldn't see your hand move in front of your face. I always had a heavy, haunted feeling down there at night. I would do the old cover over your head routine, even though it was hot an musty, until I finally fell into a fitful sleep.

Get up in the morning, Judy would have a nice breakfast for us and we'd play hard all day again. Danny was my favorite of the two brothers as he was a few years older than me and I looked up to him. He was funny as hell and always telling jokes. Beaver was only a year or two older than me and more quiet and reserved.

Flash forward a couple years later, I get a call that just floored me. Ron and Judy are dead. Both shot to death in their home. Their son killed them wiht a shotgun! He was home alone with them over a weekend while the other brother and their sister were staying with other friends. He asked to use the car to run to town (17 years old) and dad said "no" because son was going to buy weed and dad knew it.

Son sat down alone in THAT FUCKING BASEMENT until midnight, then came upstairs and got a shotgun from the gunroom. Hearing the noise, dad got up and probably saw son coming down the hall with shotgun, closed bedroom door and blocked with his body while mom wakes and tries to call the police.

Son shoots thru door, then kicks in door and finishes dad with second blast on the floor. Son then shoots mom on bed as she's trying to call out.

It wasn't the quiet and somewhat strange Beaver. Nope, it was the happy go lucky Danny. I swear to this day he was possessed. He's still in the pen. That's some sad and spooky shit.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am a male and I can assure you that I am no pussy.

This dude just gives me the creeps.  He seems like the serial male rapist type.

Sounds like wishful thinking on someone's part.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Hell, I piss myself every time you even post in the same thread.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#40]

I met Dennis Rader twice through work.

He was the BTK killer...

Husband of one of my wife's friends just makes my 'pedo-dar' scream.

Nice guy. But something is... wrong...

Of course he's a teacher. Of course.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

there are some people who don't have to do anything especially strange but put out a much worse creepy vibe. It's like a 6th sense and you just KNOW something is wrong.

exactly

and OP yes i have been around a few people like you describe

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

No - I mean why not share this info with LE now? Who knows, they may go poking around the property and find the underground vault full of bodies. Seriously - cold cases get cracked like this all the time.

I imagine it would play out something like this.  Cold call a random detective in my hometown, and say:

"Hey, you know the movies 'Seven' and 'Silence of the Lambs?'  I'm going to tell you a story about a guy that reminds me of some of the main characters.  So much so, that you'll be pretty much forced to assume that I'm making most of this up and piecing together bits of horror/suspense movies.  He was previously investigated for shooting at a kid, and was all kinds of creepy.  He died oh, about 15 years ago, and nothing is left of where he lived.  We all thought he might have been a serial killer, and used to spook ourselves imagining that.  Think that's enough to get a warrant and go dig up someone's private property?"

[click, dial tone]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"...  We all thought he might have been a serial killer, and used to spook ourselves imagining that.  Think that's enough to get a warrant and go dig up someone's private property?"

[click, dial tone]

Except that what you posted above is much more than just kids imaging stuff. I think it's worth a phone call, at the least. If the detectives want to laugh you off the phone, oh well - what will you have lost?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]
At my last job, I'm sitting there building guns with this total weirdo we'd just hired... and he said something along the lines of "I could kill everyone here and not feel a thing." He was a skinny, pale, creepy little dude. Glad they ended up letting him go. Something was really off.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Had an E-4 working for me.  A very creepy guy.  Not frightening scary, he was creepy in a strange... creepy sort of way.  The E-4 went on a cake run to Korea with some others in the unit, including the command E-9 and his son.  At a refueling stop, the E-9 caught the E-4 in a bathroom stall... with his son.  The son's shirt was mussed up and his pants were down.  The E-4's excuse was that the son got his shirt caught in his zipper and he was trying to help.  That is not what the son said.  I didn't want to be involved with this mess.  Turned out the E-4 was a pedo with a track record.  He went away.      
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I've met a few

If you have a feeling in your gut, Trust it

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yes, this guy came by the office every month and gave creepy vibe everyone in the office thought the same.

His wife was killed in a funny way and his brother who get part of the business decided to hang himself in the basement of the business.

What is a funny way to get killed?  Beaten to death with a dead ferret?  I mean, that's kinda of funny.

I can't bring to mind anyone who has really creeped me out, but I apparently have been someone who has creeped others out.  Back when I was working for a turtle place, a woman cam in with some turtles, 3-4 year old girl in tow.  The rugrat decided that I was a person of interest and follws me out to the refrigerated trailer where I put the turtles, mom watching like a hawk the whole time (completely reasonable).  As soon as I get the last barrel up, she YELLS "HE'S DONE!  COME ON, GET IN THE TRUCK, COME ON!" with a strange urgency.  Not the 'It's time to leave' kind of urgency that parents frequently have when corralling children, but a "DANGER INBOUND" urgency.  Best explanation I could come up with was she got a pedo vibe from me, which was pretty disappointing.  I'll admit that I convey a bit of a serial killer vibe at times, but damn, pedo vibe?  That hurts.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm usually the creepiest one in the room. About eight years ago I was out on a job in Salina, KS, stopped with one of the other techs for dinner and some little mom and pop dinner type place, and in walked this somewhat greasy looking guy - kinda looked like Tom Petty - and a pretty skanky woman. Took one look at him, the hair on the back of my neck stood up, snapped into fight or flight mode, wanted nothing more in the world than to draw and empty the magazine into him - and no, I don't have a grudge against Tom Petty. Something about this guy screamed "Kill him now!" - no idea what, he didn't do a damn thing out of the ordinary, I just felt the extremely strong urge to do him in posthaste. Guy I was with said he got a real strong creepy feeling off him, but not quite the "One of us is going to end up dead in the next five seconds" feeling I got. I kept my hands flat on the table and kept breathing deeply till it passed enough that I could finish eating and get out of there - from me staring at him, I probably counted as a crazy homicidal redneck, and will show up in this thread in a bit.

Don't know if I just had a brain short circuit, he was possesed, or if he stole my girlfriend in a previous life, but I've never had that reaction before or since.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Carnies...you know...small hands, big feet, smell of cabbage.

Fucking awesome!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top