Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2010 6:15:50 PM EDT

Effingham deputies call feds after arresting Russians with shovel, wire cutters outside Georgia Power plant

Posted: September 9, 2010 - 6:05pm  |  Updated: September 9, 2010 - 7:31pm

Back    |   Next

Evgeniy Luzhetskiy

SPRINGFIELD — Effingham County sheriff deputies have reported
the early Sunday morning arrest of three men to the federal Joint
Terrorism Task Force.

The men, two from Russia and one from Kazakhstan, were found near
Georgia Power’s Plant McIntosh on Old Augusta Road about 1 a.m. Sunday
after a ranger with the Department of Natural Resources reported a
suspicious vehicle, Effingham County sheriff’s spokesman David
Ehsanipoor said.

Deputies reported the men, who were inside a 1995 Nissan
Pathfinder, had a machete, shovel, wire cutters and ski masks. One man
also had black silk stockings in his front left pocket.

Arrested were Evgeniy Luzhetskiy, of Kazakhastan Nail Idiatullin
and Rustem Ibragimov of Russia. All three reported they lived in
Charleston, S.C., deputies reported.

The men were all charged with possession of tools during the commission of a crime.

The three were released after being interviewed by task force members, Ehsanipoor said.

"They did all have visas that allowed them to be here and are supposed to be leaving the country soon."

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they confuse the two Georgias too?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Tweakers trying to steal copper?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested to know WTF they were up to.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm interested to know WTF they were up to.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
copper theives?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

copper theives?

The tools used seem to say 'YEP'....

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
So were those two Russians, like, you know, REAL Russians or were they from the southern border Region near Turkey?
You know what im talking about there uh...... pally?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
They were just digging the graves that Illegal Mexicans won't dig.

Impeach Obama for Neglecting the Children.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems an awfully long way to go to steal some copper.  No copper in Khazakstan?  Or Charleston?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#10]
"One man also had black silk stockings in his front left pocket"     I dont get it?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Weird.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#12]
If they had been Hispanic men, the feds wouldn't have even answered the phone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

"One man also had black silk stockings in his front left pocket"     I dont get it?

Try it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Trust no Russian...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trust no Russian...

This is no bullshit . We have been barraged with them in the North West.
I hear about shit all the time with them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Holy shit, that's just a few minutes down the road from me, and this is the first I've heard of it.

They've probably learned about meth in their travels, and decided to try and get some copper from the plant so they could scrap it in S.C. on the way home and get some cash for a fix.

The problem with their plan is that you WILL get caught trying to bust into a Georgia Power generation facility, and on top of that, there probably isn't any copper there anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The three were released after being interviewed by task force members, Ehsanipoor said.
"They did all have visas that allowed them to be here and are supposed to be leaving the country soon."

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#19]
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. ...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds rather well-planned for a bunch of copper-stealing meth-heads.

What kind of tweaker brings ski masks?

And, as was already mentioned, attempting to steal copper from a power plant (which is manned and probably patrolled by security guards around the clock) is just plain stupid, particularly when most substations and construction sites are unmanned at night.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. ...

RING!  RING!

Telefon!  Iz for you comrade!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#23]
The shovel and machete make no sense. Maybe they were out looking for confederate gold bars on the power plant property?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#24]
So their guns and or explosives were hidden and the retards didnt find them? Dont sound like druggies to me. I dont thing a druggie is dumb enough to try and break into a nuke plant
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"One man also had black silk stockings in his front left pocket" I dont get it?

For fingerprints.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So their guns and or explosives were hidden and the retards didnt find them? Dont sound like druggies to me. I dont thing a druggie is dumb enough to try and break into a nuke plant

That particular plant isn't nuclear - Only coal, oil & gas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#28]
This combined with the gas explosion in SF and the Detroit fires has me wondering bad thoughts about Russia.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My first thought!

"Shit! Evgeniy, I told you to take left turn at Alberquerque!"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Seems an awfully long way to go to steal some copper.  No copper in Khazakstan?  Or Charleston?

It probably seemed a lot quieter.

Crime in Russia is not that well understood by people who are not aware of its pervasiveness.  When you hear about "Israeli" crime, it isn't a sudden boom in orthodontists boosting stereos –– it's Russians with an Israeli passport.  When you hear about "Ukranians", well, it's usually actually Russians.  So, yes, it does make sense that in their free time they decided to commit more crimes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Wait. Hold up.

So they find 3 foreign folks with tools that would allow them to break into a power station and cause massive amounts of mayhem if they were able to get in and shut it down....

They charge them for possession of tools with intent...

And then release them?

So they can get ARMED and fucking try again?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait. Hold up.

So they find 3 foreign folks with tools that would allow them to break into a power station and cause massive amounts of mayhem if they were able to get in and shut it down....

They charge them for possession of tools with intent...

And then release them?

So they can get ARMED and fucking try again?

It's because they are crooks on a tourist visa, they aren't terrorists, and it's easier to pull their visa and deport them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank Obama it wasn't terrorism!!!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#35]
In Mother Georgia, coppers steal you!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust no Russian...

I used to work at a gun store.

If we ha d a russian come in and find something he likes he'd spend the next 2 hours on the phone then in another hour there would be 25 Russians mulling about talking amongst the crowd then they all come up in the counter and try to haggle and you get to play the explain eligibility and turn down straw purchases game.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]

They were just geo-caching, nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust no Russian...

If we ha d a russian come in and find something he likes he'd spend the next 2 hours on the phone then in another hour there would be 25 Russians mulling about talking amongst the crowd then they all come up in the counter and try to haggle and you get to play the explain eligibility and turn down straw purchases game.

Weird:  I've only known one russian in my lifetime.  Thought he was cool.  After a year of "friendship", I came to the conclusion he was a sociopath.  

I dunno if I'd go as far as saying "trust no russian", but I think it may be good advice to be wary of them.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Effingham deputies call feds after arresting Russians with shovel, wire cutters outside Georgia Power plant

Posted: September 9, 2010 - 6:05pm | Updated: September 9, 2010 - 7:31pm

SPRINGFIELD — Effingham County sheriff deputies have reported the early Sunday morning arrest of three men to the federal Joint Terrorism Task Force.

The men, two from Russia and one from Kazakhstan, were found near Georgia Power’s Plant McIntosh on Old Augusta Road about 1 a.m. Sunday after a ranger with the Department of Natural Resources reported a suspicious vehicle, Effingham County sheriff’s spokesman David Ehsanipoor said.

Deputies reported the men, who were inside a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder, had a machete, shovel, wire cutters and ski masks. One man alsohad black silk stockings in his front left pocket.

Arrested were Evgeniy Luzhetskiy, of Kazakhastan Nail Idiatullin and Rustem Ibragimov of Russia. All three reported they lived in Charleston, S.C., deputies reported.

The men were all charged with possession of tools during the commission of a crime.

Real silk?

Isn't that kind of rare now?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust no Russian...

Weird:  I've only known one russian in my lifetime.  Thought he was cool.  After a year of "friendship", I came to the conclusion he was a sociopath.  

I dunno if I'd go as far as saying "trust no russian", but I think it may be good advice to be wary of them.  

I'm not saying that they are bad people. It just was something I noticed. We had to play close attention much like a shell game because it seemed money and things would change hands often.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Huh, strange story.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
copper theives?

The tools used seem to say 'YEP'....

I would bet on that.

I am in Norther Alabama currently, and shit exactly like that is going on all the time. enterprising tweakers have graduated from raiding abandoned houses and stealing window A/Cs to trashing sub-stations. A couple walking trashpiles from the next town over just got busted after doing hundreds of thousands on dollars of damage to the elect. infrastructure while stealing copper.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I am assuming that it was a coal burning plant?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So were those two Russians, like, you know, REAL Russians or were they from the southern border Region near Turkey?
You know what im talking about there uh...... pally?

Such a wit.

But, no.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Should have used their own wire cutters on their fingers to get the truth out of them. Meanwhile Obama and Hilary are too busy blowing Putin to see what he is up to.

Oh, And fuck the Zampolit that posts here and tells us the "Russia is security partner not enemy of USA"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Wrong Georgia?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#47]

sorry to spoil the funny article...

sounds like they were gonna get their freak on.

2 were pitchers   one was a catcher  

THATS why they let them go.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Posted: September 9, 2010 - 6:05pm  |  Updated: September 9, 2010 - 7:31pm

SPRINGFIELD — Effingham County sheriff deputies have reported the early Sunday morning arrest of three men to the federal Joint Terrorism Task Force.

The men, two from Russia and one from Kazakhstan, were found near Georgia Power’s Plant McIntosh on Old Augusta Road about 1 a.m. Sunday after a ranger with the Department of Natural Resources reported a suspicious vehicle, Effingham County sheriff’s spokesman David Ehsanipoor said.

Deputies reported the men, who were inside a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder, had a machete, shovel, wire cutters and ski masks. One man also had black silk stockings in his front left pocket.

Arrested were Evgeniy Luzhetskiy, of Kazakhastan Nail Idiatullin and Rustem Ibragimov of Russia. All three reported they lived in Charleston, S.C., deputies reported.

Georgian Propaganda

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:24:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Three men arrested outside Georgia Power heading back to Russia, Kazakhastan

FBI wraps up investigation of three men arrested outside power plant

Posted: September 15, 2010 - 12:20am  |  Updated: September 15, 2010 - 6:13am

Back    |   Next

Evgeniy Luzhetskiy

Back   |   Next

Nail Idiatullin

Back   |   Next

Rustem Ibragimov

Three men arrested early Sept. 5 near Georgia Power's Plant
McIntosh on Old Augusta Road will be leaving the country, Lawrence
Greene of the FBI said Tuesday.

The men, two from Russia and one
from Kazakhstan, were arrested by Effingham County sheriff's deputies
after being found with a variety of tools about 1 a.m. Sept. 5 near the
power plant. The arrest came after the trio was spotted by a Department
of Natural Resources ranger and a plant security guard, sheriff's
spokesman David Ehsanipoor said.

The men, Evgeniy Luzhetskiy of
Kazakhastan, and Nail Idiatullin and Rustem Ibragimov, both of Russia,
were all charged with possession of tools during the commission of a
crime.

Deputies reported the men, who were inside a 1995 Nissan
Pathinder, had a number of items - including a machete, several pairs of
rubber gloves, and a ski mask and a Tom-Tom navigation system.

Due
to the "totality" of the circumstances, Effingham deputies followed
protocol in contacting the Joint Terrorism Task Force, Ehsanipoor said.

The Joint Terrorism Task Force is a multi-agency panel led by the Justice Department and the FBI.

"Deputies
asked for their drivers licenses and/or passports when they approached
the men," Ehsanipoor said. "At that time they did not have
identification and said they had come from Charleston, S.C."

Ehsanipoor said the men indicated they were lost and were trying to meet with someone they had met on the Internet.

It
was later determined the three had visas that allowed them to be here
temporarily and that they would be leaving soon, Ehsanipoor said.

"Members of the task force interviewed them and determined they could be released," Ehsanipoor said.

Greene said the task force investigation is complete.

"There
is nothing here that warrants any further investigation into this
matter," Greene said. "In the event something else happens, we will
investigate."

Greene noted the three would be leaving the country and will be monitored by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Posted: September 9, 2010 - 6:05pm | Updated: September 9, 2010 - 7:31pm

Deputies reported the men, who were inside a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder, had a machete, shovel, wire cutters and ski masks. One man alsohad black silk stockings in his front left pocket.

Real silk?

Isn't that kind of rare now?

I'd check the area thoroughly sounds like a murder prize.  They might have just buried a body before they were discovered.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top