Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Now with theme music.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck Mitt Romney

SERIOUSLY! If he gets the nod in 2012, I will be pissed.

This.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The Imam lied? Wow.

(ok, tag...)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Imam lied? Wow.

(ok, tag...)

This is impossible. Muslims are never decieiptful.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They lied?

No way.

Que Cue Baghdad Bob

http://www.twitvid.com/EFE89
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I think burning the koran is an asinine thing to do. On the other hand, it kind of makes sense if the purpose is to persuade the muslins to move the 9/11 mosque. Move the mosque or we have a bonfire.  It would be interesting to see what would happen.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
This member's head is going to explode if the koran burning proceeds.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]
A good friend of mine has made firm plans to go to that burning,  and bring his own anti-Islamic posters and help to toast

a book in the process.   He actually will make some solid points if he gets in front of a microphone.  He's very conservative

and very rational...surprisingly, he's not an Arfcommer.

He's also invited me to come along.  

Thanks, but I actually don't want to be on CNN or any news broadcast.  I also don't want to place myself in a situation

where there may be violence.   I'm a CCW holder and if I ended up there I would not go unarmed.   I also would not

want to knowingly place myself in a situation where I might NEED that .45.  

No, thank you.  I'll pass, my friend.   But I'll carry a cigarette lighter or book of matches in my pocket, in a gesture of

symbolic support that isn't going to end up causing someone to declare a fatwa or jihad on me and my family.

Discretion IS the better part of valor.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I am going to Shoot it and than Burn it on Saturday irregardless if Lemy does not burn a barn full of Qur'ans.

Never trust a Muslim.

Never.

Seriously.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
some reporter just drove by the church and heard this playing inside

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
The perfect thing to roast at that bonfire would be a pig .
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He actually will make some solid points if he gets in front of a microphone.  He's very conservative

Rational?  Solid points?

I'd say that GUARANTEES he's not an arfcommer

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A good friend of mine has made firm plans to go to that burning,  and bring his own anti-Islamic posters and help to toast
a book in the process.   He actually will make some solid points if he gets in front of a microphone.  He's very conservative

Thanks, but I actually don't want to be on CNN or any news broadcast. I also don't want to place myself in a situation
where there may be violence.
  I'm a CCW holder and if I ended up there I would not go unarmed.   I also would not

No, thank you.  I'll pass, my friend.   But I'll carry a cigarette lighter or book of matches in my pocket, in a gesture of
symbolic support that isn't going to end up causing someone to declare a fatwa or jihad on me and my family.

CJ

I'm not calling you out as I'm not burning a koran either. But what if the folks on Lexington Green had followed the thought in red? They didn't want to be in harm's way, but they realized it had to be done. Sometimes discretion is indeed the best part of valor, but we must weigh the consequences of silence.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
fuck Mitt Romney

I like your style!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks, but I actually don't want to be on CNN or any news broadcast.  I also don't want to place myself in a situation
where there may be violence.   I'm a CCW holder and if I ended up there I would not go unarmed.   I also would not

CJ

Last person out please turn off the lights
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#16]
This still makes about as much sense as a rooster wearing socks.  You can find koran burning videos on youtube.  Who/Why give a shit about a fucking hillbilly dipshit doing it?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
This "Pastor" needs to start a gun board to try to compete with us, he has the right fuckwitted sense of melodrama to run one of those little sites where the people we throw off go.

[Cough] fugalsquirrel [Cough]

You know that might be a good fit. I wonder if he hates Catholics?

He lives within 5 miles of me, I could go ask him next time I'm down at his gun shop.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They lied?

No way.

Que Cue Baghdad Bob

http://www.twitvid.com/EFE89

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/que

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cue

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd simply prefer not to be the Crispus Attucks of the 21st century.  If that's to happen, it can happen to someone else,

so I'll then have my chance to become a new Minuteman or Crusader.

In any event,  I have no desire to seek out a situation that's sure to be covered by national media.    If I am to ever be on

national TV, I want it to be for my formal declaration of my candidacy for Congress...or for President.  Not for burning a book full of lies

and half truths that a lot of the world's population really believes in.  (Other than the Congressional Record. )

CJ

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He actually will make some solid points if he gets in front of a microphone.  He's very conservative

Rational?  Solid points?

I'd say that GUARANTEES he's not an arfcommer

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
‎" I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" M. K. Ghandi

This preacher needs to strive to be more Christlike. I wish he would also strive be less like a Pharisee.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]
DUPE!

Was I first?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#23]
so whats going on i havent heard anything about this yet

light the damn BBQ pit already atleast they will figure out a few americans dont want to suck their sandy little pricks
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
DUPE!

Was I first?

Too late.  It is already double official.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#25]
any more reports of  the burn being back on?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Actually yes.  I am about to update the main thread.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The perfect thing to roast at that bonfire would be a pig .

Free BLT's!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll wait for confirmation before I break out the bacon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought this was now the main thread

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd simply prefer not to be the Crispus Attucks of the 21st century.  If that's to happen, it can happen to someone else,

In any event,  I have no desire to seek out a situation that's sure to be covered by national media.    If I am to ever be on
national TV, I want it to be for my formal declaration of my candidacy for Congress...or for President.  Not for burning a book full of lies
and half truths that a lot of the world's population really believes in.  (Other than the Congressional Record. )

CJ

Well spoken. I hope neither one of us has to be a minuteman or crusader but it seems like people are pushing and this will end up somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#32]
It isn't going to happen...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#33]

"Oh, it's on now!!!"

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I didn't care, then all the hubbub made me want to get on board because I don't like the threats, and I don't like the push against free speech. However, the whole thing lost its lustre when the Westboro folks tried to get on board.

It's like if they showed up at your kid's tee-ball game and started cheering for him and waving signs that said "Westboro Baptist Church supports Jimmy!"

"Wait... wut? Uh... Ok, this is awkward... They're not with us, they just showed up... Jimmy, grab your bat and glove, we're leaving."

Leave it to Westboro to ruin everything.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:53:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:00:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Hope the pastor has some good security...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This "Pastor" needs to start a gun board to try to compete with us, he has the right fuckwitted sense of melodrama to run one of those little sites where the people we throw off go.

[Cough] fugalsquirrel [Cough]

You know that might be a good fit. I wonder if he hates Catholics?

He lives within 5 miles of me, I could go ask him next time I'm down at his gun shop.

nope..banned arfcomrs dont go there.

they run to glock talk  or places full of foil like survival monkey and minion report..or to poser heaven(survivalist boards).
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am going to Shoot it and than Burn it on Saturday irregardless if Lemy does not burn a barn full of Qur'ans.[div]

LOL he does have the Lemmy stache

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Dude needs to shit or get off the pot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck Islam!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

CJ

Stangely enough, a ex Muslim I know here wanted to print a draw mohammed T shirt for himself, but seeing as he wont get a CCW here the project is of, a great example of how the Second can protect the First.
Remeber that Theo van Gogh was shot and stabbed to death for making a movie that was only a bit critical of Islam (no Koran burning took place).
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:28:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Oh look, Phelps wants a piece too... LOL!!!

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100909/ARTICLES/100909743/1412?Title=Westboro-Baptish-Church-to-burn-Qurans-if-Dove-doesn-t

Westboro Baptist Church to burn Qurans if Dove doesn't
By Chad Smith
Staff writer

Published: Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 2:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:20 p.m.
Westboro Baptist Church, the small Topeka, Kan., church that pickets funerals of American soldiers to spread its message that God is punishing the country for being tolerant of homosexuals, has vowed to hold a Quran burning if Gainesville's Dove World Outreach Center calls its off.

"WBC burned the Koran once – and if you sissy brats of Doomed america bully Terry Jones and the Dove World Outreach Center until they change their plans to burn that blasphemous tripe called the Koran, then WBC will burn it (again), to clearly show you some things," the church announced in a news release this week.

And Jones in the last day has indicated some reluctance to burn the Muslim holy book.

The Canadian Press reported Thursday that in an interview with a Canadian radio station, Jones said the church was considering calling it off.

"We are very much in prayer about it. There is the possibility, of course, that we will not do it," Jones was quoted as saying.

He told a group of reporters Wednesday that he planned to burn at least one copy of the Quran.

Dove World is one of the few groups to join forces with Westboro members, who have protested at funerals across the country.

In April, a handful of Westboro members picketed outside of the University of Florida Hillel, the Jewish student center, and Trinity United Methodist Church, and Jones and about 30 members of his congregation joined the WBC members outside of Trinity United.

While officials from President Barack Obama to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton have condemned Jones' plan, Fox News reported Thursday that a White House spokesman said the administration is considering contacting Jones to urge him to call it off.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:31:20 AM EDT
[#43]
There WOULD be outrage if someone built a KKK headquarters next to a burnt down black church.

There WOULDN'T be outrage if someone burnt an American flag

I was going to post some quotes from the Quaran where it says to kill all non believers and how Muhammad was a child raping, slave trading murderer (cite).... but I don't think anyone wants to turn this thread into a religious war.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:34:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
And so it begins again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8JnPCyHrw

shit
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:36:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

Well spoken. I hope neither one of us has to be a minuteman or crusader but it seems like people are pushing and this will end up somewhere.
I prefer Atius

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:38:57 AM EDT
[#46]
A spokesman for the Taliban in Afghanistan told CNN, "If in Florida they were to burn the Quran, we will target any Christians, even if they are innocent, because the Quran is our holy book and we do not want someone to burn our holy book."

Source - CNN.com

Turn the other cheek?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:46:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Dude needs to shit or get off the pot.

This. By the time he does it someone somewhere else will get it done.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Not to well versed in the US polictical scene but I am sure if the pastor decided to drop the koran burning and burnt a load if bibles insteadit would put an awful lot of top politicos in a very difficult  position . Would he get a call from the Whitehouse then?   yeah sure would Obummer be on the networks commenting ? Like shit he would
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

CJ

Who's going to cover it?   Looks like we have a bunch of cowards on the major networks - but I'll bet someone from Al Jazera will find a way to post photos?

Fox News says it will not cover burning of Quran
In a bold move that is likely to be much discussed in coming days, Fox News said today that it will not cover the burning of the Quran on Saturday if Pastor Terry Jones follows through on his plan to burn copies of Islam's sacred book.

The proposed book burning by the Florida minister and his congregation has become a topic of heated conversation and coverage, with everyone from President Barack Obama to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and two generals weighing in. One of the military men, Gen. Ray Ordierno, former commander in Iraq, says he fears that the burning will inflame passions abroad to the point where the safety and lives of American servicemen and servicewomen will be threatened.

So far, such TV news operations as CNN, NBC, ABC and CBS have told TVNewser they will cover the Quran burning as they would any other news story.

Fox News is the only one so far to say it will not. It did so in an interview Thursday with The Baltimore Sun.

"We do not cover every flag burning that happens in this country. We don't run every hostage tape," Michael Clemente, senior vice president at Fox News, said in a phone interview. "If we tried to cover everyone who wants us to stick a camera in front of them, we'd run out of cameras pretty fast each day. But this is really about just using some judgment."

(Photo Michael Clemente courtesy of Fox News)

Clemente summarized that judgment by saying: "He's one guy in the middle of the woods with 50 people in his congregation who's decided to try, I gather, to bring some attention to himself by saying he's going to burn a Quran if he gets the permit. Well, you know what, there are many more important things going on in the world than that. I don't know what they will be this weekend, but I am sure they will be more important than that."

Clemente said there will be no live coverage, "video" or "still pictures." He was unequivocal in saying Fox News will not cover the burning or the event.

AP has said it will not distribute audio or video of the actual burning if it takes place. Read that here on The Hill.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought this was now the main thread

I meant the original post.  I will keep updating it with news
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top