Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 1:55:57 PM EDT
I got the idea to make a product several months ago, and have been working on it off and on since then. I have grabbed some stuff retail to use and plan on finishing the prototype in the next couple weeks. My question is this, how in the heck do I find a company to manufacture the thing? And, since I had to use off the shelf items to put it together how do I get a patent? The retail items are batteries and an electric motor. A manufacturer would likely just sub contract the batteries to another company, same for the motor, so in the end I don't see those items being an issue.

The whole idea started out as something I made for myself, but after mentioning it to a close friend he agrees it would be marketable and thinks I should get moving on it. So I come here hoping that someone might have some insight on the process and would be willing to explain. Is this worthwhile or simply too much headache to bother with?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
So you think you're the first guy to make a vibrator from a mold of their own dick?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So you think you're the first guy to make a vibrator from a mold of their own dick?

I wish I could say that was the first time I heard that!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to talk to a lawyer who specializes in this kind of stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top