Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The man needs a suppressor and a backhoe.

Yup
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
This state needs Castle Doctrine.

It'll be happening right after state government experiences a political enema.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Should have shot them all and had a throw down
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope the guy gets off.

That said, fuckin 20 assholes trespassing on my property, and Im NOT suppose to go outside??

Fuck that , this is my little corner of the world and if I dont want you on it, youre going to leave, or I will fear for my life .

My place in that situation IS outside. My family is inside calling the cops and itll be over my dead body that those fucksticks get into my house in the first place.

So you would walk into a crowd of 20 + bad guys on your yard to tell them to fuck off when you beleived they were there to fuck you up? That seems like a poor tactical choice.. Seems wiser to bunker down lock and load and pray the police show up before they start kicking in the door. At least inside the home you have some concealment to fire from.. if they hit the door or a window then you can unload from a concealed position.

Sometimes, you want to draw attackers away from an area of vulnerability rather than bunker in said location.

If you have children inside for example, I want to be out side drawing fire away from family....not inside drawing the fire to the house where vulnerable members might be.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1,
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
As soon as the Republican controlled House starts investigating INS's inaction on illegal immigrants, we are going to see the full extent to which Mexican drug gangs have infiltrated the US. It's going to be a Spanish-language version of the roaring '20s gangsters with the DEA and FBI shooting it out with rampant crime everywhere. This is not something to look forward to, but we have to deal with 20 + years of fail.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember a similar scenario posed for a hypothetical situation in Guns & Ammo (might have been Ayoob).  In the G&A article the guy shot one as a warning to the others. Even w/o weapons there were a significant number of assailants to cause severe bodily harm or death. Either way he's going to have to move.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
The only thing I don't approve of was that he fired warning shots.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Either way he's going to have to move.

Very likely, after he gets out, if he has a house left.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Everybody should read this.  No warning shots, you either fear for your life or you don't.

MS13... 2,000 members in the county

Note to self, buy more ammo get different police, judges, and prosecutors.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
20+ "gang members" gathered in my lawn with one saying he will kill me and mine? He shot into the grass? He is a better man than I.

Over 20 to 1. Thats threating in and of itself without any threating speech which did occur.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How fucking ridiculous. 20+ Bangers smells of "intent" to me. Then again, it is NY.

NY sucks, you are only allowed to lawfully be a victim.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/986/journalistguides.jpg

Oh how I love that pic

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#13]
It happened to me once. But, it just turned out to be Christmas carolers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If I see you firing your AK into your lawn I am calling Code Enforcement, I don't care what the circumstances are.

What if my St. Augustine has been diagnosed with a lead and copper deficiency by a city-licensed arborist?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Good thing that didn't happen here, I only have 10 round mags...

I gotta start practicing my mag changes
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope the guy gets off.

That said, fuckin 20 assholes trespassing on my property, and Im NOT suppose to go outside??

Fuck that , this is my little corner of the world and if I dont want you on it, youre going to leave, or I will fear for my life .

My place in that situation IS outside. My family is inside calling the cops and itll be over my dead body that those fucksticks get into my house in the first place.

So you would walk into a crowd of 20 + bad guys on your yard to tell them to fuck off when you beleived they were there to fuck you up? That seems like a poor tactical choice.. Seems wiser to bunker down lock and load and pray the police show up before they start kicking in the door. At least inside the home you have some concealment to fire from.. if they hit the door or a window then you can unload from a concealed position.

Sometimes, you want to draw attackers away from an area of vulnerability rather than bunker in said location.

If you have children inside for example, I want to be out side drawing fire away from family....not inside drawing the fire to the house where vulnerable members might be.

20 v 1 = you are dead and your familly is defensless... Unless you have a dillion your ass is a dead man 20 v 1. That is unless you are chuck norris.

And just so i am clear. I have been on the inside waiting for 3 perps to kick in my door.. I hunkered down, waited for the cops then identified the suspects once they were aprehended... All with out going to Jail. Lucky for me their courage ran out before they starting kicking in doors on a unknown person inside a home.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hope the guy gets off.

We would give you a metal here in Florida. Castle Doctrine is fucking pure WIN! I wish more folks would shoot these gang bangers so all I would need to do is a death investigation report. WIN / WIN all around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
20+ "gang members" gathered in my lawn with one saying he will kill me and mine? He shot into the grass? He is a better man than I.

Over 20 to 1. Thats threating in and of itself without any threating speech which did occur.

I would agree and had he been scared enough to shoot into the mob then maybe i would feel differently. However he fired warning shots after going outside to confront 20+ people who he is convinced mean him harm.... He acted foolishly... Suxs but its true.

now i dont think it should be illegal but it is in most parts of the country including NC.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Doesnt NY have a 10 round magazine limit law? if so 20 guys with 7 live rounds would be an interesting geometry problem... that or AK magazine changes that would make jerry micutec feel slow...

Only on mags made after 94, prebans are good to go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Going outside to confront men on your property.. then discharging it would catch you some shit here too...

He should have never gone outside and never pulled the trigger unless he intended to stop them because he was in fear for his life... He fired warning shots so he must not have been that afraid....

I bet a lot of people would try to scare somebody away before killing them.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#21]
"Pitiful Subjects!!  You are all fools!!  You have no right to self defense!!  That is a job for the state!!"    
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Going outside to confront men on your property.. then discharging it would catch you some shit here too...

He should have never gone outside and never pulled the trigger unless he intended to stop them because he was in fear for his life... He fired warning shots so he must not have been that afraid....

This. Not everyone has a hardon for killing...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#23]
NY scares me.

I need to find a job that pays well enough to make it worthwhile to move.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Just a prelude to when SHTF - there be no LE then to come running for every gang punk when an AK fires in their face.

Did I just say that?  Wow.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Korean community has demonstrated the correct response for scaring somebody away from time to time in the past.

During the riots [Watts] many Koreans from throughout the area rushed to Koreatown, heeding a call put out on Korean-language radio stations for volunteer security guards. Two of the most iconic and controversial television images of the violence was a scene of two Korean merchants firing pistols repeatedly from a military stance, and Korean guards firing AR15s from store rooftops. There was a lot of activity to protect the Korean businesses, especially in Koreatown. Many Koreans had weapons; including but not limited to: shotguns, AR15s, AK-47s and Uzis.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And I am pretty sure there's a lot more than 2k MS13 in this country these days. Though maybe only 2k not in prison at any given moment. Still seems rather low from what I know of them.

County, not country. There are 2k MS13 members in Nassau County.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Lets do a little Math;

(MS13^20) + AK47 = Code-187
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It happened to me once. But, it just turned out to be Christmas carolers.

if he has an old gran torino ford in his garage, I predict a book and movie rights in this guy's future.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's very simple. "I was in fear for my life and in fear for the lives of my family. I want to speak to my lawyer." He shouldn't have fired unless there was a weapon in view (or they were advancing on him) since the police were already on their way (I hope, given the call), but I consider that completely secondary to defending his life and that of his family. The lawyer's right about the charges too, trying to show that he was endangering them means that they were committing criminal trespassing. Going further, not complying with his instructions to leave with a weapon pointed at them clearly indicates disregard for their own safety. If they'd complied and were no longer threatening him and trespassing on his property there would not have been any reason for the gunfire, or even for the firearm to be out.
And I am pretty sure there's a lot more than 2k MS13 in this country these days. Though maybe only 2k not in prison at any given moment. Still seems rather low from what I know of them.

You know, 20 men can beat a man to death with their fists.  They don't have to be armed with guns or knives to be deadly.

The police are wrong here, and should have their asses kicked.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#30]
20 against 1?  House surrounded and people close enough to set it on fire?

No disparity of force there?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's very simple. "I was in fear for my life and in fear for the lives of my family. I want to speak to my lawyer." He shouldn't have fired unless there was a weapon in view (or they were advancing on him) since the police were already on their way (I hope, given the call), but I consider that completely secondary to defending his life and that of his family. The lawyer's right about the charges too, trying to show that he was endangering them means that they were committing criminal trespassing. Going further, not complying with his instructions to leave with a weapon pointed at them clearly indicates disregard for their own safety. If they'd complied and were no longer threatening him and trespassing on his property there would not have been any reason for the gunfire, or even for the firearm to be out.

There were 20 of them.  One of the 20 that survived took the gun.

Ding...but I bet you wouldn't have to worry about finding more than one gun on those guys.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I would consider 20 men on my property threatening to kill my family a disparity of force that threatens my life or the life of a third party and act accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Just sling up, assuming rice paddy prone position, and just stay locked on the main instigator of the bad guys. Keep your eyes aware for any guns being produced.
You've already warned them, 911 has been called, hold fire until they produce a weapon with intent to harm you.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How fucking ridiculous. 20+ Bangers smells of "intent" to me. Then again, it is NY.

up until he walked outside to confront them and fired warning shots..

The fuck is wrong with you?  Are you going to wait until 20-30 gang members are banging on your door?  If they get to that point, you have LOST any initiative and will end up dead along with your family.

In his situation, going outside to be able to actually see and evaluate the threat was the right idea AND he had an appropriate weapon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There are 2000 just in that guy's COUNTY
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope the guy gets off.

I would be on the front porch not IN the crowd.  Nothing in the article says he was "mingling" with the thugs.  Your family bunkers, you go out and fight.  Outside you can better assess and react.  If you bunker in your nice wooden house all it takes is one gangbanger and a molotov cocktail to ruin your day.  Bunkered, you would not see that until it was too late.

Houses are NOT bunkers.  Houses are NOT combat positions.  Unless you have sandbags and firing slits, a house offers very little protection against large groups.  Against a handful of people, you might be better inside.  Against a large group you CANNOT let anyone get near or against the walls, you must keep them away from the house.  Otherwise you will not be able to defend all four sides at once.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet.

Never heard of this before.

That have it in Birmingham AL too.  They know where to send the coroner.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Doesnt NY have a 10 round magazine limit law? if so 20 guys with 7 live rounds would be an interesting geometry problem... that or AK magazine changes that would make jerry micutec feel slow...

No they don't, your mags just have to be pre ban made which most AK mags are.

30 rds not a problem.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Read it again, it says 2,000 members in that county, not country.

Sounds a lot to me if true.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope the guy gets off.

20 v 1 = you are dead and your familly is defensless... Unless you have a dillion your ass is a dead man 20 v 1. That is unless you are chuck norris.

And just so i am clear. I have been on the inside waiting for 3 perps to kick in my door.. I hunkered down, waited for the cops then identified the suspects once they were aprehended... All with out going to Jail. Lucky for me their courage ran out before they starting kicking in doors on a unknown person inside a home.

3, not 20.

When you start talking about those numbers, they can have people kicking at every door and window all at the same time.  Bunkers only have ONE entrance.  Also, large groups feed on themselves and will usually build into an unreasonable rage.  3 people usually won't get the same rage built up.

As one other poster said, with large groups, you want to draw them away from your family.  Again, a house is NOT a bunker, and bullets can, will and do pass through walls and hit other people in the home.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope the guy gets off.

Plus only so many can come through the door at once. A lot harder for them to surround and overwhelm you.

If you really want to talk to them, standing at the doorway with open door/on the porch that kind of thing.... Maybe. Depends how close they are.

At least you can back up and possibly keep the advantages above.

Outside, hell no.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Seems to me like he "felt threatened". That's the standard right? Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope the guy gets off.

Plus only so many can come through the door at once. A lot harder for them to surround and overwhelm you.

If you really want to talk to them, standing at the doorway with open door.... Maybe. Depends how close they are.

At least you can back up and possibly keep the advantages above.

Outside, hell no.

I still think with a group over 5, that is the wrong mentality.  If a couple dozen people are milling around, some can go to your back door, garage, windows on any side, and all rush in at the same time.  It is impossible to fight like that and win.  If you can be on the porch or similar with some standoff distance from the crowd, you should be able to see if you have anyone sneaking around the sides.

One way or another, if there are 20 people and the cops don't come, you ARE going to die.  It is a choice of how you want to die.  I would choose to be at least semi-mobile and able to extend my time as best possible.  I would not want to be surrounded in my own home and die trapped.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#44]
In NY the politicians don't like you shooting at their constituents.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Why?  He will just go get himself killed.  

If you have a problem, call this guy.  He will actually take care of business, not make idle threats.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

because letting them come inside your house in great numbers where your children are sleeping is a better idea?

get off my lawn.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I thought the article said he fired the warning shots to also set off the firearm alarm and locating device (whatever it's called) so the police would come quicker.

If more than 20 gang members were advancing on my home, I would have opened fire on them.  Disparity of force is obvious even if (unlikely) I'm the only armed person there.

plus with 20 of them you know at least 5 have a gun on them.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

if your state gets that done ill buy you a team membership.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I see you firing your AK into your lawn I am calling Code Enforcement, I don't care what the circumstances are.

What if my St. Augustine has been diagnosed with a lead and copper deficiency by a city-licensed arborist?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

if your state gets that done ill buy you a team membership.

Long Island already has Castle Doctrine. You are under no duty to retreat within your own home.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top