User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I voted for all of the options because you let me.

So far, you're the only one who has said "They don't have the right."

I wonder how this poll would fair on DU?

I can't post there sooooooooo....................................
Not sure if that was meant as an insult to me, or if you once had a troll account there and were banned (I can't keep track of those "I'ma troll DU threads".)  

Either way, I loled.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The two nutless douchebags who agreed with Rosie should get the ban hammer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
BURN IT !!!!!

FUCK OBAMA
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I consider it "sinking to their level," and therefore must appose it. They have the right, but it just seems in poor taste. If we can't be bigger than they are (i.e. the Mosque folks), then we are awfully small.

I call it provoking cowards that need to be provoked.
These bastards want to kill you. What about that do you not understand?
I understand that; and when they try they will find that I am prepared.
I have no problem with killing someone in defense of life, I do have a problem with killing someone in the name of your religion. Do you not see those as different things?
It is the same with burning the Koran or the Bible. Personally I could careless if either is burned (I am areligious–– a true infidel––you do know that Christians are not true infidels, as they recognized the same god as in Islam). I just see no need to stoop to their level of petty theatrics. There are those that do not support the Islamofacists (what percentage, I do not know), and I respect their belief in their religion.

I would rather provoke, then justifiably strike while we have an upper hand. WHY? Because I have no doubt in my mind, that if they were (and one day, they may be) the dominant military force in the world, they will do everything they can to kill you, I, and everyone else who refuses to convert to their religion.
I hope that day never comes, but if it does, you'll wish to god you kept your mouth shut, and let the animals show their intentions at every possible turn.
The "bad muslims" (the ones that some call moderate), will STFU and watch it all go down, lest they share in the same fate.

It is the devils religion. I am convinced of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to know if they will be serving Smore's and Pork Hot Dogs roasted over the fire!!!!?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Should they? no
Can they? yes
Should Muslims be upset about it and say something? yes
Should Muslims or anyone else threaten anyone with death over this? no

yes
yes
fuck them
any one who protest is a Terrorist,any one that don't is a well discipline Terrorist
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it's dumb, but I also don't care if they do it.  It is their absolute right.  If Muslims (overseas) get violent over this, well, screw them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the Muslims burned bibles, the SHTF here...

Not really.

Espeically if they burned Bibles in Riyadh. Who cares?
As stated previously, they'd be in heap big trouble for ahving a bible in the first place.

"But, but, I was going to burn it." Chop.

Maybe we should airdrop a bunch.

That I wouldn't be against.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.

Espeically if they burned Bibles in Riyadh. Who cares?

What if it was a bunch of muslims in Michigan?

They have the right, but they shouldn't do it.

I would be vocal against it, as I am with the Mosque.  But I wouldn't try to get .gov to violate their rights.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Do it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if that was meant as an insult to me, or if you once had a troll account there and were banned (I can't keep track of those "I'ma troll DU threads".)  

Either way, I loled.

No insult, post it there and report the results back. Much hilarity I predict.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it's really stupid giving the fact that there maybe reprisals against are forces,fuck those Muslim motherfuckers.But buy doing it some of or troops may pay the price,it's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, at the mention of a slutty librarian I forgot what the thread was about.

Oh yeah..... who gives a shit.

If they buy it it's theirs to burn.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]
they have the right to do it...............................for now
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I've seen 'Muslims' (Taliban) burn garbage bags of Qurans with the intent of inciting violence against us.
How many bibles did the DOD burn to avoid offending their sensibilities?

Let it happen, just ignore it.  It's a frankly insensitive and ignorant act in itself, but if the media weren't desperately pandering to any and all attention whores will get them viewership, this would be a nonissue.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#16]
They have the right but I personally think it is stupid and nothing good will come from this

But with that said I hope they do go through with it simply because I'm tired of seeing muslims burining the U.S flag and Chanting " Death to America " and nothing happening to them and nobody saying anything about it .

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't do it because it's not Christian.  But it doesn't piss me off either.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think it's really stupid giving the fact that there maybe reprisals against are forces,fuck those Muslim motherfuckers.But buy doing it some of or troops may pay the price,it's just not worth it.

Don't be surprised if a mod bitch slaps you for that.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#19]
It's stupid, the guy is just trying to stir up some new members. The only thing he will get, is a visit from the feds and some new members sporting swastikas and shaved heads.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
____ baby _____, disco inferno....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be surprised if a mod bitch slaps you for that.

If the mods don't Spelling Nazis will
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Either way, I loled.

No insult, post it there and report the results back. Much hilarity I predict.

Years ago, when I first joined arfcom I wanted to go to DU and make a troll account (inspired by the "GO BACK TO DU TROLL!!!!" motivational picture).

I spent 30 seconds looking at their site format, and gave up.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
About the same level as the Mosque.

They have the right, but....

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Nothing positive will come out of it.

This, although it made provide opportunities to sort out certain fanatics for further observation or extermination.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, because if we upset them they might not like us anymore.....

Gen, Pershing had the right answer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#25]
No....where does it stop??
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#26]

What does "not very Christian" have to do with anything.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#27]
While I don't agree with it, I do understand what they're trying to do: Show how everybody is willing to offend everyone except Muslims.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just wondering where everyone stands. Me I think it's alot like the Victory Mosque. They have the right but should not do it. Not very Christian in my opinion.

Anyways poll follows
  and please feel free to elaborate

well if a bunch of muslims burned bibles(im a Chritian) I wouldnt care, they dont have my bible, why should i care.  So, if they want to burn them go for it, the muslims shouldnt care.  Its very stupid though as it accomplishes nothing.  Maybe they should read one to better understand.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#29]
They should, but only under special "conditions"
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There wouldn't be enough gnashy teeth emoticons to go around.

But would there be threats of holy war, etc from Christians?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Gimme a break.  Are you serious?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#32]
For those who are planning to,  burn a KoranI have no problem with it at all.  Same as many of the ROP followers have had no problem burning our flag and bibles,beheading those of christian faith,blowing innocents up, or slamming planes into the WTC towers and the Pentagon.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Pics of slutty Librarians

Any one?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Me I think it's alot like the Victory Mosque. They have the right but should not do it. Not very Christian in my opinion.

Your thinking mirrors mine
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me I think it's alot like the Victory Mosque. They have the right but should not do it. Not very Christian in my opinion.

Your thinking mirrors mine

Here's my first +87. The guy wanting to build the mosque at ground zero has resulted in rage towards all Muslims even though many Muslims are against it.  These "Christians" are doing nothing more than creating rage towards Americans by burning the Koran, even though most Americans would be against it.  Seems people keep forgetting this is the United States of America, we are supposed to be better than that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Should they? no
Can they? yes

This is pretty much my take on it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Islam = the religion of peace?  I say burn a whole pile of Korans and show the world Islam's true face.  Watch the peaceful, "moderate" Muslims suddenly become far less peaceful.  Riots WILL ensue.  People may die en masse.

Try the same with Christians (a true religion of peace) and all you'll get is poltical cartoons, op-eds, a 60 second spot from Katie Couric (barely concealing a smarmy grin) and an Internet chain-mail bitching about Islam.

AV1611 out......
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
They have the right but should not do it.

Yeah, I would just hate to think if any of our boys/girls downrange will be hurt or worse due to this.

Meh they will get hurt because of this or it's Wednesday

What about Thursdays?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Of course they have the right,  but that doesn't mean they aren't scumbags for doing it.

It's truly amazing how quickly certain types of people become the very thing they despise.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They have the right but I personally think it is stupid and nothing good will come from this

But with that said I hope they do go through with it simply because I'm tired of seeing muslims burining the U.S flag and Chanting " Death to America " and nothing happening to them and nobody saying anything about it .  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
They have the right but should not do it.

Yeah, I would just hate to think if any of our boys/girls downrange will be hurt or worse due to this.

Meh they will get hurt because of this or it's Wednesday

What about Thursdays?
They're busy on Thursdays

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Islam = the religion of peace? I say burn a whole pile of Korans and show the world Islam's true face. Watch the peaceful, "moderate" Muslims suddenly become far less peaceful. Riots WILL ensue. People may die en masse.

Try the same with Christians (a true religion of peace) and all you'll get is poltical cartoons, op-eds, a 60 second spot from Katie Couric (barely concealing a smarmy grin) and an Internet chain-mail bitching about Islam.

AV1611 out......

I think you will be proven wrong.

This "Koran burning" will take place. And guess what will happen? There will be the usual round of bitching. There might be some bombings in Iraq or Afgan that is blamed on it (that would have happened anyway), but the 99.999% of muslims will live that day, and the following days, just as they did before. Going to work or school trying to make a decent life for their families.

What will happen is those muslims that do hear about it (and most won't) will just have one more small piece of evidence that the Americans (and they will lump all of us together, just as we do them) really are just like some of the extremists say we are.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Calling out the ROP? I actually don't see how this conflicts with christian teachings as most of the early epistles mention calling out false religions multiple times. Since they are not stealing korans to be burned, hurting anyone, or even being particularly nasty about it other than doing it in a manner of fact way I say let them go for it. I just hope they remembered to sell their cloaks and buy some swords because the religion of peace isn't prone to being peaceful.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Calling out the ROP? I actually don't see how this conflicts with christian teachings as most of the early epistles mention calling out false religions multiple times. Since they are not stealing korans to be burned, hurting anyone, or even being particularly nasty about it other than doing it in a manner of fact way I say let them go for it. I just hope they remembered to sell their cloaks and buy some swords because the religion of peace isn't prone to being peaceful.

His wife is packing heat
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#45]
this thread needs pics of slutty librarians

ETA i personally do not like the muslim religion at all, i think it is archaic and is completely contrary to our personal beliefs of equality and personal freedoms, that being said I think this burning will accomplish nothing except to make America look like fools
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't see why.  After bombing our embassies, flying passenger airliners into our buildings and attacking troops on the ground, I don't think that burning some Bibles would really make us any angrier with them than we already are.

Anyway, Sun Tzu says:
A good commander must offer a bait to allure the enemy who covets small advantages, capture the enemy when he is in disorder, take precautions against the enemy who has good preparation and substantial strength, evade for a time the enemy while he is strong, enrage the enemy who is hot-tempered, pretend to be weak in order to make the enemy arrogant or haughty, wear the enemy out if he has taken a good rest, set one party against another within the enemy if they are united.

I say lets enrage them.

You can burn a stack of Bibles and you're not going to end up with a group of people trying to take over Kentucky to setup bases to train rebels to fly planes into buildings.

When we can do the same thing to the Quaran with the same lack of results, THEN we know Islam is really a religion of moderates (because all the extremists have been killed).  If we have to fight hornets, then lets go ahead and poke the nest with a stick and kill them as they come out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Yes they have the right, NO they shouldn't, and I think everyone loves naughty librarians.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Should they? no
Can they? yes

should have been the 1st post.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just wondering where everyone stands. Me I think it's alot like the Victory Mosque. They have the right but should not do it. Not very Christian in my opinion.

Anyways poll follows
  and please feel free to elaborate

+1 same here, just because you have the right doesn't make it the "right" thing to do.

What are they trying to accomplish? Unity with Westborro Baptist Church?

Bill
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top