Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in the fun store and overheard someone asking who owns the big, orange Land Rover. I answered yes from the balcony. He said he wanted it for a BOV. I told him to talk to the wife.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was in the fun store and overheard someone asking who owns the big, orange Land Rover. I answered yes from the balcony. He said he wanted it for a BOV. I told him to talk to the wife.

you have a g4 Disco?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I came home from fishing one day and my wife was all excited as she handed me a business card with some guys phone number on it.  He drove by, saw my Laguna in the driveway and wanted to buy it.  I said yeah and went on parking the boat/trailer and putting  the poles and tackle boxes away.  She asked me if I was going to call him and I asked why?  She said to sell the Laguna of course.  I laughed at her.

After I got my 86 IROC I stopped at a place that sold car ports and was pricing one.  Some guy comes in, asks who the black IROC belonged to and I told him it was mine.  He asked if I wanted to sell it and I refrained from laughing at him when I told him no way.  He walked back out again.

My neighbor's daughter-in-law has asked several times if I would sell my 81 Z28 and of course, the answer has always been, No.

Funny.  No one ever wants to buy one of the S10 Blazers or the pickup trucks.......
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone offer to buy my car?

No, seriously ...  

Um, no.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Dealt with daily offers for years on my old 1990 454SS.  I kept it super clean, and people just liked it.  Now it sits, waiting on a fresh paintjob, as GM saw fit to paint it with watercolors, and alas, 20 years later the paint fell off in spots.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a last gen Toyota Supra twin turbo and I bought it number one because I wanted to own one from every generation of them (I've had one of each) and number two I thought I'd pick up chicks. Well, I'm here to tell you I get offers every time I drive it from guys in the age range of 12-30.

That wasn't really what I was hoping for.  Love the car though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
A few times for the WS6.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Illegals knock on my door at least once a week trying to buy my 1980 toyota pickup....i tell em ya its for sale 8 million pesos...

Same here with my 93 Nissan hardbody. I ask them iif they see a finken for sale sign on it, but most don't understand what im saying.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Car, no.
Bikes, you bet.

1982 GS 1000SZ Katana
1983 GS 1100 that is worked to the moon.
1984 GS 1150ES
1985 GS 1150E

Maybe I'll sell one or two of the others, but not the above.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years ago my uncle gave me his old 65 Plymouth that was sitting unused. I couldn't get it to turn over & had a bitch of a time
pulling out the spark plugs out thru the tubes into the valve covers.

I guy stopped & asked me about the car while I was working on it in the driveway. He offered me $1000.00 for the car. I thought that
was a fair offer considering it had 4 flat tires & wouldn't turn over.

I took his offer before before he changed his mind!

Yeah, right!!   LOL!!!

You got me there Sheriff

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, I had a guy stop and originally he was interested in the camper until he noticed the 67 and both 69 Camaros in the garage. He wanted to buy all 3 and all the parts I had for them. He kept demanding I give him a price and he actually got pissed when I could not. I just kept telling him I do not even know how much I have invested in all of it.
He finally left and never returned. I was on high alert for quite some time after that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, back in the late 80's I owned a 383 '68 Charger.  People came by all the time wanting to buy it.  Eventually a businessman stopped by, asked if it was for sale. I said no, he pulled out a wad of cash and offered me a cash deposit of a $1000, if I ever wanted to sell it.  I thought about it for a day or two and sold it for $5000.

That same car would be at least $30,000 today. Hopefully he treated it right, I never did see it after that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, we get people asking about both CUCV's and the 1969 Mustang regularly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, and  you probably saw my 1989 Chevy PU in the "train of cars going to Mexico."
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, my STi, multiple times
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years ago my uncle gave me his old 65 Plymouth that was sitting unused. I couldn't get it to turn over & had a bitch of a time
pulling out the spark plugs out thru the tubes into the valve covers.

I guy stopped & asked me about the car while I was working on it in the driveway. He offered me $1000.00 for the car. I thought that
was a fair offer considering it had 4 flat tires & wouldn't turn over.

I took his offer before before he changed his mind!

Yeah, right!!   LOL!!!

You got me there Sheriff

Lemme guess - you were relieved to be rid of it because you dreaded having to deal with TWO carbs, and didn't want to spend the big bux on two rebuild kits, right?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, my 1995 Toyota std cab, 4cyl, 5spd, 2wd. Every month or so someone would ask if it's for sale..granted they all looked like they were in the US illegally and wanted to turn it into a landscaping truck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, I've owned more than a few classic cars and my Jeep wrangler. Most offered cash way below what the car is worth.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top