Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 11:20:02 AM EDT
I have watched the first 3 episodes of Swamp People.  I think it is a great show.  They dub in the sounds of the gun shots to make it sound better for television.  I know this will bug a few people here.  Other than that I have been well entertained.  My wife brought up that many of the main characters are solid Americans.  If one day the lights went, out these people would be just fine living off the swap they way they have for generations.  

I have been trying to figure out why the people use 22's to kill the aligators they catch.  Is it the law?  Is it all you really need? Seems to work O.K. for them.

It's other good non-history, History Ch. show.    

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think they use .22's to do as little damage as possible to the hide and the head... I'm pretty sure they sell everything on them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
It makes me want to get a john boat, load up my sons and go make some money. Not too many damn gators in San Diego though...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It makes me want to get a john boat, load up my sons and go make some money. Not too many damn gators in San Diego though...

No gators but a whole bunch of aliens!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I love this show , I have been bowfishing pretty close to where they're at . It's beautifull there .
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If I'm honest, I was hoping for some reinforcement of stereotypical cajuns.

Instead its hunting alligators all day every day.  Boring.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
SHOOOWWT HIM SHOOOWWT HIM!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The high powered rifle sound bugs me.
There's gotta be more than alligator hunting.
How long before "they" add drama to the mix?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the spots on there is my local fishing hole.  Thats how we hunt gators a .22 is all you need and it wont mess up the hide/head which are worth a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
They are solid Americans. Troy seems like a man who you could depend on. I'm jealous they get to live the life they love. While they may not be wealthy they get to work the land and spend time with family.  Most people I know have knocked those guys, but I have much respect for them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Yawn Alligator hunting....You can have all of them slimy stinkin basturds. I was hoping ther'd be more to the show than that. Lost me after 2.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SHOOOWWT HIM SHOOOWWT HIM!!!!!

Dat's Bigead!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info on the 22.  I will keep watching.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top